What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks once again to @Jackpot for having the ambition and the energy to put on today's tournament. Congratulations for winning it too. We felt the tournament got better as the day progressed and people became used to the surroundings. Really enjoyed it!

I am absolutely shattered but wanted to thank all of you who made the effort to come despite the transport issues - we had a full house (36 players) in the end and had others waiting to play...!

Everyone was on time and hugely supportive - I am reminded and humbled by what a great pinball community we have - the number of people who asked if they could help, adjusted tilt bobs, fixed issues etc was just great, as there is no way I could have run the tournament by myself. @Lecari - appreciate all the effort in helping with planning and today as well.

I want to thank Gabi the funland owner, Emanoel and Oscarito as well. I think it was great to cordon off the area and let us make ourselves somewhat at home and just get on with it.

A particular treat I thought for us to get to play Bond 60th...

Gabi and the funland team would like to run more events... if anyone would like to help TD an event or get involved to support them run one in future, please let me know.

Well played Nathan for topping qualifying with 9 wins and some really top drawer play all day - Josh and Punk Stig too. And of course Isaac Granby who won juniors and finished a brilliant 11th overall.

See hopefully a fair few of you at EC on Sunday next week for the big send off - looking forward to that already!

Results have been submitted to the IFPA:

1, Yuen Aw
2, Josh Iles
3, Nathan Garwood
4, Punk Stig
5, Ed Rojas
6, Martyn Iles
7, Gene Aw
8, Anton Stewart
9, Dan Lewell
10, Tim Thornton
11, Isaac Granby (U16)
12, Dan Pocklington
13, Nick Hamill
14, Pete Bennett
15, Gareth Arnold
16, Dan Prachar
16, Alan Griffin
18, James Aw (U16)
19, Jeremy Baynham
20, Daniel Debobes
21, Caroline Abbott
22, Michael Aw (U16)
22, David Bowery
24, Sergio Olave
25, Will Beynon
26,Graham Swaffield
27, Claire Lickman
28, Dennis Osborne
29, Ozkar Olave (U16)
30, Chris Granby
31, Nick Clark
32, Martin Bedford
33, Helen Swaffield
35, AJ Roper
35, Ben Leigh
35, Steven Dale

Well done Y
Results have been submitted to the IFPA:

1, Yuen Aw
2, Josh Iles
3, Nathan Garwood
4, Punk Stig
5, Ed Rojas
6, Martyn Iles
7, Gene Aw
8, Anton Stewart
9, Dan Lewell
10, Tim Thornton
11, Isaac Granby (U16)
12, Dan Pocklington
13, Nick Hamill
14, Pete Bennett
15, Gareth Arnold
16, Dan Prachar
16, Alan Griffin
18, James Aw (U16)
19, Jeremy Baynham
20, Daniel Debobes
21, Caroline Abbott
22, Michael Aw (U16)
22, David Bowery
24, Sergio Olave
25, Will Beynon
26,Graham Swaffield
27, Claire Lickman
28, Dennis Osborne
29, Ozkar Olave (U16)
30, Chris Granby
31, Nick Clark
32, Martin Bedford
33, Helen Swaffield
35, AJ Roper
35, Ben Leigh
35, Steven Dale
Congratulations Yuen on running what looks like a great comp.
Absolutely massive thumbs up to Isaac Granby, what a fantastic achievement to finish in 11th place. An excellent young player 👏

Huge thanks to @Jackpot and @Lecari for an awesome day and shout out to the Funland team for making us all feel welcome, giving us our own area, letting us use their loos, store belongings behind the desk and then whisking out a huge pile of free pinball flyers for us all at the end as the icing on the cake! Will gladly attend many more.

Such a great comp, had a very unique feel it being 10 of the very latest games, everyone discussing strategy and learning new rules/tricks all day long. The number of people who came over to me to offer advice and ask my thoughts on picking the game for the final didn't go unnoticed! Looking forward to seeing many of you at EC next weekend :)

I had a fantastic day - I really enjoyed it! Big thanks to @Jackpot for organising - you did an amazing job at organising the whole thing, TDing and looking after your two boys, as well as playing! You've definitely lifted the organiser curse 🥳

I've added some photos on Google here, if anyone wants to share any they have taken (I was quite busy all day so didn't really take many!): https://photos.app.goo.gl/u3qL3NNDeELfzrdC6

Thanks Claire - appreciate the photos!

If anyone who attended has any additional feedback for myself or the funland venue on what worked well or how we can make future events even better please feel free to suggest or PM me.

Of course we need to fix any niggling machine issues and the right ramp plastic on Mando. Also I am aware that ideally we would have had more playoff qualifiers/a longer playoff section of the tournament which I usually prefer as well. This time being the first tournament at the venue for a long time, with no spare machines and transport issues I wanted to focus on a fun time including everyone for the majority of the day and allow people to get home at a reasonable time. Job done, we finished finals at 530pm! And the venue was very kind to allow people to keep playing for a good while longer.

Let me know if you have any other useful feedback or suggestions. Cheers!

If anyone who attended has any additional feedback for myself or the funland venue on what worked well or how we can make future events even better please feel free to suggest or PM me.

Of course we need to fix any niggling machine issues and the right ramp plastic on Mando. Also I am aware that ideally we would have had more playoff qualifiers/a longer playoff section of the tournament which I usually prefer as well. This time being the first tournament at the venue for a long time, with no spare machines and transport issues I wanted to focus on a fun time including everyone for the majority of the day and allow people to get home at a reasonable time. Job done, we finished finals at 530pm! And the venue was very kind to allow people to keep playing for a good while longer.

I thought it was very well run, little room for improvement.
I always prefer Balanced to Swiss, I played every machine except TMNT and I think I had at least one game against everyone, certainly very few multiple machines or opponents.

It ran to time which always a bonus.

I really like the short final format and I like the idea that an outsider could come in and fluke the final, not that it happened this time.

Anyway, it was great fun

My suggestions would be 10 rounds, then a decent final and a max of 32 players so you always have two games free allowing for any major issues.

Thought the format worked well personally I prefer 10-12 rounds per comp. Liked the location with plenty of places to have lunch. Can’t really fault the event and look forward to the next one

I've been to Funland before and it is usually quite warm with no wc facilities after a long tube ride, so in my opinion it was excellent on Saturday.
It was much better than expected. We had some seats, a large industrial fan and a wc to cry in after scoring a couple of 1's.
Kids have free games on tap and everyone was super accommodating.

Back
Top Bottom