What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated the player list in first post. Any more interested? Slots rapidly running out...

@robotgreg ? Alan Griffin? Tony G?

Also - let me know if you expressed interest but can no longer make it.

Just as a heads up it looks like RMT have announced strikes on the 22nd July for anyone that might be travelling via rail on the day (such as myself)

Will see what I can do to get up there still though

Sadly if there are train strikes that day I won’t be able to make it either 😢

Josh and I will make it - will probably try and stay somewhere as there's a League meet on 23rd I think

Josh and I will make it - will probably try and stay somewhere as there's a League meet on 23rd I think
Martyn, would be great to have you guys there but technically we are full up at the moment.

I think some people will officially pull out due to train strikes, and funland are aiming to fully confirm with some of the people who signed up within the arcade.

So I'll put you both on the waitlist if OK for now and believe this is likely to change.

Does anyone no longer need me to hold their spots? Pm me or reply here please. Thanks!

Yeah, definitely take me off the list please. I need to book a couple of nights of holiday from work to attend, and don't want to waste it on something that i might not be able to get to with the train strikes.

Yeah, definitely take me off the list please. I need to book a couple of nights of holiday from work to attend, and don't want to waste it on something that i might not be able to get to with the train strikes.

Sorry to hear Martin :( - have updated the player list.

Same, going to have to say tentative now due to train strikes but I'll confirm nearer the time.

Totally missed this event announcement but put me down on the waitlist and I'll pop over to make up the numbers if needed!

All,

I'm looking to host a tournament at Funland, Brunswick on Saturday 22nd July - full details to be added, but aiming for 12 rounds of 4 player matchplay with a a final for top 4 and a newcomers final. (may be others for fun only)

https://funlandlondon.com/ (In Central london - nearest tube Russell Square, also walking distance from King's Cross)

There are 10 machines at Funland, so looking to cater for 36 max players in total (1 game spare per round in case) with the hope to get a few newer players interested who are Funland regulars.
Entry fee £5 - games on freeplay.

The pinball tournament lineup will be:

Bond 60th
Godzilla
TMNT
James Bond
Foo Fighters
Jurassic Park (Stern)
Stranger Things
Mando
Led Zeppelin
Beatles

Tentative schedule:

Meet at 10:30am
Briefing 10:45am
Round 1 start 1100am
Lunch 1pm - 1:30pm
Round 5 start 1:30pm
Round 12 start 5pm
Finals start 5:30pm - tournament finish 6pm

I think this will be a fun event and a good way to get some newer faces involved perhaps in tournament pinball (signup sheets will be displayed within the Funland venue as well as signups through the forum)

Thanks to @Oscarito30 for his enthusiasm and support so far, hopefully together we will be able to organise an enjoyable event.

This will be my first time as TD so I hope you will all be supportive - any feedback or advice appreciated!

Player List: (36 +1 currently) - may change due to train strikes

1. Yuen Aw
2. Claire "Lecari" Lickman
3. Chris "Rack up the" Poyntz
4. Nathan "the Real Deal" Garwood
5. Jim Gatward
6. Marc Gatward - (the unconfirmed 4th best brothers in the UK at pinball)
7. Big Dave Fowler
8. Ed "Red cat" Rojas
9. Sir Jeremy of Baynham
10. Daniel O'Neil
11. Pete Bennett
12. James Aw
13. Michael Aw
14. Sergio "the Best Spanish player in the UK" Olave
15. Son of Sergio
16. "The Swaff" Graham Swaffield
17. "Bride of Swaff" Helen Swaffield
18. Martin Bedford
19. Nick "Skywalker" Hamill
20. Dan "Solo" Lewell
21. Steven "Doggard" Dale
22. Anton "Combo King" Stewart
23. Dennis "Ozzy" Osborne
24. Sam Cullis
25. Chris Granby
26. Isaac Granby
27. Will "Monster" Beynon
28. Greg Mott
29. Alan Griffin
30. Gene Aw
31. Gareth Arnold
32. Punk Stig (signed up inside funland)
33. Caroline Abbott (signed up inside funland)
34. Andre (signed up inside funland)
35. Tarjarna (signed up inside funland)
36. Amiyah (signed up inside funland)

Waitlist

1. Martyn Iles
2. Josh Iles
Hi if possible can you put my name on the waiting list please, Dan Pock!

Just 2 and a bit weeks now till this event! The response has been very good - thanks for the support everyone.

I've updated the waiting list to add Tim and Dan - that makes 4 tough players waiting in the wings now, so if anyone is no longer able to make it or looking unlikely, please let me know.

Have any of the train schedules been published for those coming by train or is it still too early?

Back
Top Bottom