What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Flash Gordon Shop Log

I don't suppose this game plays any of the music by Queen?

It doesn't but a friend is working on this for his FG using a Raspberry Pi.....once he gets it all figured out I'm going to copy what he did on mine :)

would love to get my grubby little mitts on this for a few games

If your going to the South Coast Slam then you should be able to play it, baring any last minute issues.

:( Bad news!!!! It looks like Flash won't be coming to the Slam. Got the new pf in the game for the first time today but on first power up I've got a few electrical gremlins that I don't think I'll have time to sort out. Currently I don't have any sound or lights and then it blew both of the 20A fuses on the power board :eek: Going to tinker with it a bit tomorrow but fixing those problems plus finishing off the rebuild isn't going to happen in a day so High Speed will be coming instead. In true Bullseye tradition, take a look at what you could have won....

IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2963.JPG

Just don't come Chris, seeing you will only remind me of the pain.
Seriously, sorry to hear this, must be a real downer but take your time as rushing it won't help.

Aw crap! Was really looking forward to seeing this, for obvious reasons. From the photos it looks absolutely amazing, you've done an incredible job there. Shame you won't be able to show it off at the SCS

Agree with Calimori though, no point rushing it now. Bring it to the NLP instead?! :D

Last edited:
It's a feckin thing of beauty. Looks awesome, shame she won't be making a appearance but it's more important to do the job right and don't rush anything.
Like Paul has already said, look forward to seeing and playing at the NLP.

Thanks all :) I'm a bit gutted that I won't be able to bring it to the Slam but it'll definitely come to NLP and probably the UKPP as well. High Speed should be a good stand in though :thumbs:

SAD FACE :(

That playfield is stunning. I'm drooling over the gloss. I want my Vector to look like that one day!

10/10 for effort and this is going to be an awesome pin when you're done.

Sorry you havent managed to squeeze it all in Mr Splooter.... however whats done is done, chill, relax and have a beer :)

After a bit of advice from the Legend I had a quick look at FG this week. I disconnected all of the game side connectors from the power board, replaced the blown fuses and then with the power on, started plugging things back in. Cabinet plugged back ok and when I reconnected the 2 backbox connectors I got lights and sound. Last one was the pf and plugging this in makes the game go mental so I guess that in my rush to get the pf swap done I've got at least 1 short somewhere. I'll be spending some time this weekend going over my work and seeing where the shorts are.

I've also started doing some research into getting the film music and sounds into the game. Downloaded the Queen soundtrack and loads of sound clips from the net and will be having a play around with them in Garage Band while I wait for the MP3 Trigger board to turn up :)

Good luck mate. I've got a lead on a FG! Only trouble is, it's in Holland. Nice original pf, cab is faded as you'd expect. I'm really hoping it works out!

Had a quick look at Flash today and I've resolved all the obvious shorts that I can see on the underside of the pf but there are still problems. Now when I plug in the pf connector to the power board the game doesn't go mental anymore but the cable going to the connector (think it's J1 on the power board) gets hot very quick, I can kind of feel the electricity in the cable (can't think of a better way to describe it) and the 20A F1 fuse on the power board blows (F1 is for the feature controlled lamps)......there's also a electrical burning smell.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to check next so looking for ideas? The Bally repair guide suggests a problem with BR1 on the power board but I'm suspicious of that as the heat in the cable and the electric feeling makes me think I've still got something shorted out somewhere. Any ideas on what to check next before I call in The Legend?

Had a quick look at Flash today and I've resolved all the obvious shorts that I can see on the underside of the pf but there are still problems. Now when I plug in the pf connector to the power board the game doesn't go mental anymore but the cable going to the connector (think it's J1 on the power board) gets hot very quick, I can kind of feel the electricity in the cable (can't think of a better way to describe it) and the 20A F1 fuse on the power board blows (F1 is for the feature controlled lamps)......there's also a electrical burning smell.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to check next so looking for ideas? The Bally repair guide suggests a problem with BR1 on the power board but I'm suspicious of that as the heat in the cable and the electric feeling makes me think I've still got something shorted out somewhere. Any ideas on what to check next before I call in The Legend?

Fp looms get hot to I'll be keeping an eye kn this thread. Have you checked everything in the underside is wired up correctly? Is the burning smell coming from the boards? It was popped ic's on mine

You could try making a breakout connector with inline fuses on each of the lines. Put fast blow 15A fuses in. The first fuse to go is probably the culprit and then you can trace the wiring back to find the cause...

Big thanks to The Legend @pinballmania for coming over today and looking at FG. The initial issue of the pf short was diagnosed and fixed in the first couple of mins :D The game now starts and no fuses get blown. We weren't seeing any of the feature lights working and Andy identified that the lamp driver board was fried (most likely by me when I shorted the GI into the feature lights) so he's taken that away for repair. He also got the strobe light working as it looks like the wiring for this had been hacked about at some point in the past, I'm assuming when the last strobe board failed.

While the board's away being fixed I need to adjust the various drop target mechs and roll over switches so that there all working right. I can then re-populate the top of the pf and then the game is just about done :) I've also made some progress on the side project of getting the movie music into the game with the MP3 Trigger board arriving in the post today. I've also been making looped versions of some of the songs off the OST. To start with my plan is to have music from the film running alongside the normal game noises and I'll chuck another post up later with my thoughts on how I'm going to do this. If I can get that working ok then I'll look at doing something similar to that Ghostbusters pin where I incorporate quotes and sounds from the film in and shut off the original game sounds.

It is amazing how much you can progress when The Legend does his magic. Good call to get him in. :)

Back
Top Bottom