What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Flash Gordon Shop Log

I think it may of been from a custom Ghostbusters table I saw on youtube not long ago

Yep thats where I'm getting my info from....been talking to the guy who did the Ghostbusters pin on Pinside as it's a re-themed FG :)

Oh right, that was a Flash Gordon. Should pay more attention lol. That's another thing, I don't think that was the right game to be butchered , no matter on condition after seeing this one. ;)

hat's another thing, I don't think that was the right game to be butchered , no matter on condition after seeing this one.

There's a lot of f*cked up FG's out there (10K made and a lot played to death) and it costs a fair bit of money to get them back to good original conditon so I'm not surprised it was used for a retheme......I'll post some pics of the old pf that came out of mine as it's proper battered :D

There's a lot of f*cked up FG's out there (10K made and a lot played to death) and it costs a fair bit of money to get them back to good original conditon so I'm not surprised it was used for a retheme......I'll post some pics of the old pf that came out of mine as it's proper battered :D

Ok, cool. I had a quick look around for one and seems a similar occurrence around the bonus light circle wear. Can't help but think this looks good under a black light? :)

If you are thinking of doing a 're theme then the machine you choose must be a great playing one that has loads going on.
If it was a bad machine before no matter what 're theme you do it will still be a bad machine after.

Swapped out all the dodgy TIP102's on the solenoid driver board and chucked it back in the game this evening. The flippers and slings are now working but there's a new weird behaviour that I need to look at tomorrow. Whenever you press the right flipper button it activates both the lower and upper flipper as expected but also machine guns the top pop bumper about 4 or 5 times....does it every time the flipper button is pressed :rolleyes:

I'm assuming it's a wiring problem from the pf swap and something is touching when it shouldn't but no time to look at it tonight.....if anyone's got any ideas or seen this kind of thing before then shout up :)

Looking good Chris, lovely cab work. Superb to see an old classic put back to its former glory. Flash Gordon looks a great title, hope to see one one day.

Big thanks to The Legend @pinballmania for sorting out the remaining issues with FG this week :thumbs: Got the last few jobs done today (plastics back on, apron brackets fitted etc) and it's finally finished :D It looks and plays awesome!!!!! Pics and vids will come tomorrow, I'm so pleased!

Superb, Chris, just SUPERB! Very much taking your work on this as inspiration for my own restoration. Great attention to detail - like that you swapped white for red skirts on the pop bumpers; something I'm doing on the BEAST'S LAIR on Paragon.

Love the in-line drop-targets for the TRY THE WOOD BEAST bonus! What a great game; I'm more than just a bit envious. Classic iconography.

Will it be making an appearance at any of the shows this year? I bet there'd be a long queue all weekend if it made to UKPP.

Looking forward to seeing you work the same magic on Fathom.

PS. Who's the Manga character in your avatar?

Cheers all, really pleased with how this one turned out :)

Will it be making an appearance at any of the shows this year?

Plan is to take it to UKPP this year and Fathom to NLP.

PS. Who's the Manga character in your avatar?

I have no idea mate, just saw it and thought it looked cool :D

Oh, that looks SOOOOO nice to play!

Just a quick observation, but to me it looks as though the drop-targets are all sitting a bit low? Are these repro and perhaps the hot stamp image is too low or were the originals like that too?

FlashDrops.png

Actually, just answered by own question by looking at the pictures on IPDB. They too seem to sit low like this. I guess it's just me thinking it looks odd!

They too seem to sit low like this. I guess it's just me thinking it looks odd!

Yeah I wondered this when I first fitted them but it's how they are I guess. The adjustment is to get the top of the drop level with the pf when down and this is how they look when setup like that :)

Yeah, they're kinda odd. Only solution would be to have the logo printed higher up. Maybe they're supposed to look like the bad guys lurking from below?

Here are some crops from the prototype on IPDB. If anything, yours looks slightly better positioned.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Incredible job Chris, true beauty. I cannot wait to play this at the UKPP, will be amazing if you can bring it mate.

It plays brutally fast! Just the way it's meant to be! Can you backhand that right spinner off the right flipper? Loving the alley pass from right to left too, is it possible to tap? You need to try a softer plunge as well to give yourself a better chance at hitting the drop target at the top from the start.

Well done mate, a lot of hard work, now enjoy it. Fingers crossed ill own one, one day.

Cheers, Craig

Can you backhand that right spinner off the right flipper?

Yes it's possible but tricky, not managed to backhand it all the way back into the shooter lane yet though.

Loving the alley pass from right to left too, is it possible to tap?

It's possible but I'm really sh*t at it :) Trying to practice alley passes a lot as I really struggle with the feel on the tap pass...the alley pass seems to work out better for me.

Back
Top Bottom