What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally, Pulp Fiction

Cheers Gonzo, thanks for explaining the rules.
Were the outlane posts at medium, factory default?

No worries mate.

They were on factory settings. They could be closed more but not by much, they are almost at minimum.

Having calmed down at least a little since the reveal I'm pretty sure it's not one for me although perhaps I'm just telling myself that as the theme is borderline perfect. Think I need ramps and code and flow? Not sure.

Having calmed down at least a little since the reveal I'm pretty sure it's not one for me although perhaps I'm just telling myself that as the theme is borderline perfect. Think I need ramps and code and flow? Not sure.
I know what you mean, I'm looking for reasons why I don't want it. Until I've played one though I'll never really know.

I'm in the other boat having one on order, so have been thinking a lot about it, this is where my musings have taken me.....

There's a kinetic satisfaction with hitting a clean ramp shot that returns to the flipper, flowing into other shots and combos, thats why most games over the last 30 years have these features and why Elwin games are rated so highly.

The start mode saucer reminds me of a similar shot on The Shadow, on that game the saucer starts modes, collects bonus, extra ball etc, its a hard but important shot and the satisfaction comes not from the shot being particularly fun, but because of what it represents, starting the last mode, hearing the Extra Ball callout.

Thats where I feel Pulp Fiction stands out, none of the shots are new, its been done before. Take the pawn shop, three drop targets then a scoop, its a risky shot, even successful shots might come back at ya fast, but its working towards the payoff, third ball in there, then the GI goes dark, the doorbell rings and..... "Bring out the Gimp" the emotion from the shock and horror of that scene leap to the forefront of your mind, the film has so many big moments and they are tied into the game so well, the shots become more than the physical action of firing the ball into a scoop or hitting a target.
There are really no safe shots, its not about strategy, stacking modes for maximum points, but like the film living in chaos and surviving sometimes through sheer luck.

I think Gonzo hit the nail on the head when he said its probably not a one you would want as your only game, there are alternatives that offer a better balance between, flow, code and difficulty.

Kris' video @Gonzo has pretty much convinced Leah and I that our BMFLE will be living in the kitchen diner and not in the games room.
It's too freaking cool not to have on full display, a working piece of art and bonus! means I can fill another slot in the games room (hence the Batman/South Park ads)

I’ve got exactly 750mm clearance on my front door. Dunno if that’s abnormally narrow or if it’s normal? The widest measurement quoted is the back box, right?

Funnily enough last time Martin was here I mentioned him delivering NIB and he measured my front door and explained how he'd do it, the narrowest pivot point on our front door is 80cm.
Back out the back is patio doors, and for the games room I bought the widest single door Solidor manufacture.

All good here for when I get one, about 33” wide door. Biggest single door I could get.
Think that was Pinbot going in which has a wider backbox, same as High Speed.
View attachment 244026
A JJP is just shy of 29 inches
I have 32 on my main doors but the sliding door into games room is just over 30 and one half inch so quite tight. Looks like it will have to be unboxed outdoors and sack trucked in.
Assuming they are stating 34 inch width boxed.

Looks like it will have to be, my rooms in a garage so not a problem to drop off and unpack whenever and just wheel into room.
Not that you would leave a new game boxed for long though, well I wouldn’t.

@Gonzo
Not that I don’t trust the yanks measurements ..lol
When u get some spare time buddy, can you stick a tape measure on the width of the Pulp Fiction back box please in inches.
Much appreciated :)
A proper UK measurement 😬

Attachments

• PXL_20240210_164859691.jpg
    PXL_20240210_164859691.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20240210_165108764.jpg
    PXL_20240210_165108764.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for the video. The only thing bothering me is the way the character lights up. It should just be the head I think. Not sure if this was a last minute design change or intentional but I don’t think it looks right.

IMG_7855.jpeg

Last edited:
Brilliant tutorial lads. Super clear and easy to follow. Game is definitely very much it's own thing. Looks cool

Looks brutal doesn't it. That target for the multiplier by the magnet looks awkward. Looks simple to learn but extremely difficult to do
There is a shot on Halloween called the Judith shot that has a drop target and a switch behind it, you can lock a ball there as a ball save at the start of a ball or build up to a lock later.
It looks to be in a very similar position to this target /magnet shot, if it is it can be frustrating to hit and I have had Halloween over a year!

BUT very satisfying when you do hit it, keeps you on your toes!

Back
Top Bottom