What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally, Pulp Fiction

That's confusing, online connectivity was listed as a feature for all models? will we need this kit too?

Kris @Gonzo mentioned he'd seen an ethernet connection, which hopefully will receive firmware/software updates.
I'd hope this kit is specifically for Scorbit users/members @jayadelson ?

Yeah, it had an ethernet port in the back of the game.

I certainly didn't pay too much attention to that post because I didn't think it was from CGC. Looked like a third party mod to me but I can't say with any certainty.

I can't imagine for a moment that CGC would force customers to buy something else just to update code.

Yeah, it had an ethernet port in the back of the game.

I certainly didn't pay too much attention to that post because I didn't think it was from CGC. Looked like a third party mod to me but I can't say with any certainty.

I can't imagine for a moment that CGC would force customers to buy something else just to update code.
The information was attached to the PF SE that someone in the US had delivered mate, so CGC are aware if it's not their own product

"Note taped in the glass to sign up for the score bit online upgrade kit for $99"

The information was attached to the PF SE that someone in the US had delivered mate, so CGC are aware if it's not their own product

"Note taped in the glass to sign up for the score bit online upgrade kit for $99"

Ahh okay mate, so it's just scorebit then.

Will be totally separate to the ability to update code it seems. That being said, I think the code is pretty cool as it is and I can't see scope for loads of additional stuff aside from bug fixes.

The thought of linking this wonderful retro game onto the internet sends shivers down my spine. No screen, no internet, no elongated ruleset . . . . I love it.

Think Karl mentioned some tweaks to the scoring, guess that's more aimed at competition players, probably wont matter much to us mere mortals, rest seems 99% done to me.

Think Karl mentioned some tweaks to the scoring, guess that's more aimed at competition players, probably wont matter much to us mere mortals, rest seems 99% done to me.

I think you're right Kev. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with this straight out of the box (as long as people have done their research because I still get messages asking why it has no screen and ramps).

I honestly don't usually miss games, being able to play Deadpool of Tom usually scratches the itch. I really enjoyed Elton John and I'd have it back but I can't say I have missed it.

However, I am really missing Pulp Fiction, I just want to get on there and complete a few more roll scenes and beat my previous score.

This makes sense as I'm sure I've seen Josh quoted as saying, onsite/competition has made him think of some areas that he could make tiny improvements in.

I think you're right Kev. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with this straight out of the box (as long as people have done their research because I still get messages asking why it has no screen and ramps).

I honestly don't usually miss games, being able to play Deadpool of Tom usually scratches the itch. I really enjoyed Elton John and I'd have it back but I can't say I have missed it.

However, I am really missing Pulp Fiction, I just want to get on there and complete a few more roll scenes and beat my previous score.

Hopefully not too long until the PH email asking for payment, this years been a real roller-coaster waiting, at least after watching all your videos I have an idea what to do when it arrives :)
Think the thing I'm most impressed with is the original music, It integrates so well and feels like it could slot straight into the film.

This makes sense as I'm sure I've seen Josh quoted as saying, onsite/competition has made him think of some areas that he could make tiny improvements in.

Yeah I think its going to be very minor score balancing if anything, stuff that only becomes apparent once people like Karl start getting 100s of games on there.

Yeah it will be minor tweaks, I have been speaking with Josh after our video, the game needs very little. I think the things that perhaps need tweaking are the multiballs, it's kind of the the polar opposite to most modern games at the moment where you work towards the multiball and all your scoring happens in multiball. At the moment, the multiballs seem to be used as a utility to build other stuff because the scoring is quite low and really hard. I can definitely see games where people don't actively ever shoot for multiball, kind of like how my tutorial went, I just took the multiball once it was near. He said he has a note to beef up the scoring in the later stages of multiballs, especially on Briefcase boogie because it doesn't hold any progress.

Initially I was thinking actually playing the game was underpowered in comparison to just playing the roll scenes and trying to get up to 6x Big Kahuna and hit a massive collect. But the fact that you can double your whole score when you complete Divine Intervention makes it much bigger. Imagine a 6x Divine Intervention completion to double the score! That would be hundreds of millions and the ultimate accomplishment on the game, not sure we would ever see that happen though, maybe only if somebody was able complete the 5 objectives on ball 1 and then purely focussed on getting to 6x before starting DI!!!

What a game, I have missed playing it ever since leaving Gonzo's!

Yeah it will be minor tweaks, I have been speaking with Josh after our video, the game needs very little. I think the things that perhaps need tweaking are the multiballs, it's kind of the the polar opposite to most modern games at the moment where you work towards the multiball and all your scoring happens in multiball. At the moment, the multiballs seem to be used as a utility to build other stuff because the scoring is quite low. I can definitely see games where people don't actively ever shoot for multiball, kind of like how my tutorial went, I just took the multiball once it was near. He said he has a note to beef up the scoring in the later stages of multiballs, especially on Briefcase boogie because it doesn't hold any progress.

Initially I was thinking actually playing the game was underpowered in comparison to just playing the roll scenes and trying to get up to 6x Big Kahuna and hit a massive collect. But the fact that you can double your whole score when you complete Divine Intervention makes it much bigger. Imagine a 6x Divine Intervention completion to double the score! That would be hundreds of millions and the ultimate accomplishment on the game, not sure we would ever see that happen though, maybe only if somebody was able complete the 5 objectives on ball 1 and then purely focussed on getting to 6x before starting DI!!!

What a game, I have missed playing it ever since leaving Gonzo's!
Awesome, great that Josh will take that onboard! Any chance you can have a word with Dwight about Turtles scoring please

Last edited:
So to get any code updates I have to pay for them.
Never been interested in IC / Scorbit, never will.
As usual, 99 USD will be near 200 with shipping etc..

Connect Pulp Fiction Pinball online for access to future software updates and Scorbit functionality“

t-shirt- no value to me

sd card with updated software on it that allows updates via wifi - surely we can get that, or one of us buys it and shares it

usb dongle - i guess it’s just a std wifi usb dongle you can buy anywhere?? if they’ve added some “security” to stop you using an off the shelf one, i’ll be pis5edoff

I’m sure @jayadelson can confirm whether the above speculation is true or not. With Scorbit being touted in that official CGC material.

Ahhh, there’s a special prototype playfield making machine?
My Tron LE had no dimples at all and that had several owners, most likely with 1ks of plays.
Having said that, dimples I can accept.
Peeling and chipping , not so.

Last edited:
After nearly a year of humming and harring I've finally caved in and put a deposit down.

The easy to understand, difficult to master gameplay was one of the main reasons, plus killer theme and integration.

Who knows when I'll get it but will have to move Godzilla on at some point to make way.

Pulp and Lebowski will be a pretty decent combo of Pins to own.

After nearly a year of humming and harring I've finally caved in and put a deposit down.

The easy to understand, difficult to master gameplay was one of the main reasons, plus killer theme and integration.

Who knows when I'll get it but will have to move Godzilla on at some point to make way.

Pulp and Lebowski will be a pretty decent combo of Pins to own.
Tempted too, but think I’ll wait for an LE to come up second hand in a year or so.

I honestly don’t think an LE will come up on the forum in a years time , any deal may be done behind the scenes.
I’ve been offering to buy LE spot for £2k , £1k profit and £1k to cover deposit with no takers thus far

I honestly don’t think an LE will come up on the forum in a years time , any deal may be done behind the scenes.
I’ve been offering to buy LE spot for £2k , £1k profit and £1k to cover deposit with no takers thus far
I mean, never say never. I definitely wouldn't be expecting to get this on the cheap however.

I think this will turn up like MMR. I was offered one for 11k recently, it went on to sell for 12k...

For me I'm not spending that kind of money on a game when I had a recent remake for less, but if the theme is right and the game is in enough demand the whole pricing structure just goes nuts...

Back
Top Bottom