What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally, Pulp Fiction

I don't think @philpalmer offered the DBV version for sale, so they should all have the nice coindoor in the UK
Stern and JJP have the double coin slot on the door for US models.
We get a single coin slot door
It would be a shame if PF has a single slot for UK version as it will not look as nice.

Stern and JJP have the double coin slot on the door for US models.
We get a single coin slot door
It would be a shame if PF has a single slot for UK version as it will not look as nice.
What have CGC done in the past ?

Kaneda just hinted that CGC are making 500 standard edition pulps first then the LE go on the line “ some time in the summer “
By the time it hits our shores back to the future fever will be taking over

Yep totally agree! When potter and Future drops from JJP people will lose there **** over them.

With flippers finally sorted, fast flowing gameplay like Elton and double the BOM nay Treble the bomb of Stern, PF will be yesterday’s news, much like CCR is now.

I’m sure we will see plenty of newer pins heading to the used market to make way for the above.

There is only so much money you can justify to yourself and the wife as well as room needed to house them all.

Unless of course you have a games room the size of a sports hall and a wallet to match. There are a few I can think of. 😉

Yep totally agree! When potter and Future drops from JJP people will lose there **** over them.

With flippers finally sorted, fast flowing gameplay like Elton and double the BOM nay Treble the bomb of Stern, PF will be yesterday’s news, much like CCR is now.

I’m sure we will see plenty of newer pins heading to the used market to make way for the above.

There is only so much money you can justify to yourself and the wife as well as room needed to house them all.

Unless of course you have a games room the size of a sports hall and a wallet to match. There are a few I can think of. 😉

You're bang on Col, not just any pins either . . . run out of space for dream pins.

Deadpool, Lebowski, EB Deluxe, Pulp, Batman, AFM & BTTF. Chuck in a cheeky LOTR and that's a dream line-up with no space left.

There are a ridiculous number of great games now.

Get married to someone who's also interested in pinball. Then, you have to adopt a 'two yes' policy to any pin that enters the house. At this point, you have conversations like:

Vee: "Do you *really* like Game of Thrones, or is it just that it beats your ass in league?"
@MadMonzer: "I actually like Game of Thrones."
Vee: "Oh... Well..." Turns to seven year old. "What do you think?"
Seven year old, mournfully sighing while rolling about on the carpet: "I fear my passion for pinball has dissipated, but... Deadpool."
Vee: "See, he also likes Deadpool."
Husband: "Lots of people like Deadpool, but it looks like a children's cartoon..."
Seven year old, interrupts: "...don't they have a Pokemon pinball machine?"
Vee: "Someone is thinking of making a Pokemon pinball machine..."
Seven year old: "...can we have a Pokemon pinball machine?"
Vee: "No, because we don't have space and it'll probably play like ass. I bet it will be released by American Pinball and designed by the same person who made Houdini. "
Husband: "...well, if you want to get the boys back into pinball..."
Vee: "Aggghhh. I'm going to ask my other son." Walks upstairs to three year old. "Do you prefer Boom pinball or Car pinball with Jet Pack?"
Three year old: "Car pinball with Jet Pack..."
Vee (throws hands up in the air): "Okay, you win. That's two votes for Bond and two votes for Deadpool."
Husband: "[Three year old] likes anything with a car in it. And it's not a vote for Deadpool unless [seven year old] helps you move Centaur upstairs."
Vee: "Grrrrr... He can't help me move a pinball machine. He's seven. And, Bond is NOT my favourite Gomez."

And... infinitum...

There are literally six pins we currently agree on...

Do agree that by the time CGC games arrive the hype is well and truly over, to be fair the hype around PF has already faded.

However no matter how good games like Elton, TBL, future BTTF etc are, they are significantly more expensive, Spooky and AP have moved up market too.
Was expecting more people to jump ship (see what I did there) when Jaws was announced tbh.

For 8k there's still only really the choice between Stern and CGC, CGC your waiting an age for the game, Stern your waiting an age for Code.

Get married to someone who's also interested in pinball. Then, you have to adopt a 'two yes' policy to any pin that enters the house. At this point, you have conversations like:

Vee: "Do you *really* like Game of Thrones, or is it just that it beats your ass in league?"
@MadMonzer: "I actually like Game of Thrones."
Vee: "Oh... Well..." Turns to seven year old. "What do you think?"
Seven year old, mournfully sighing while rolling about on the carpet: "I fear my passion for pinball has dissipated, but... Deadpool."
Vee: "See, he also likes Deadpool."
Husband: "Lots of people like Deadpool, but it looks like a children's cartoon..."
Seven year old, interrupts: "...don't they have a Pokemon pinball machine?"
Vee: "Someone is thinking of making a Pokemon pinball machine..."
Seven year old: "...can we have a Pokemon pinball machine?"
Vee: "No, because we don't have space and it'll probably play like ass. I bet it will be released by American Pinball and designed by the same person who made Houdini. "
Husband: "...well, if you want to get the boys back into pinball..."
Vee: "Aggghhh. I'm going to ask my other son." Walks upstairs to three year old. "Do you prefer Boom pinball or Car pinball with Jet Pack?"
Three year old: "Car pinball with Jet Pack..."
Vee (throws hands up in the air): "Okay, you win. That's two votes for Bond and two votes for Deadpool."
Husband: "[Three year old] likes anything with a car in it. And it's not a vote for Deadpool unless [seven year old] helps you move Centaur upstairs."
Vee: "Grrrrr... He can't help me move a pinball machine. He's seven. And, Bond is NOT my favourite Gomez."

And... infinitum...

There are literally six pins we currently agree on...

I think life would be very boring if you married someone with the same set of interests.

When you have two sets of interests generally leads to personal growth and looking to do new things to enjoy as a couple

Do agree that by the time CGC games arrive the hype is well and truly over, to be fair the hype around PF has already faded.

However no matter how good games like Elton, TBL, future BTTF etc are, they are significantly more expensive, Spooky and AP have moved up market too.
Was expecting more people to jump ship (see what I did there) when Jaws was announced tbh.

For 8k there's still only really the choice between Stern and CGC, CGC your waiting an age for the game, Stern your waiting an age for Code.

Afternoon Kev.

I think the hype for Pulp had faded in this country, but it definitely got a boost from the expo. Obviously some had played it in the US but there was definitely a renewed buzz over here and people were looking to buy PF and definitely excited by it again.

It will probably die down once more if there is a long delay but the game is so good that I think excitement will build again. It will only take one at Pinfest and it will be the talk of the show like it was at AEG.

Get married to someone who's also interested in pinball.

That's a niche category on Tinder Vee (or Grinder for @Andydn )

I find you have to get a partner and talk about pinball so much that you convert them to the dark side.

Before you know it, they're secretly creeping down the garden to have a sneaky game of pinball whilst pretending not to be interested. 😂

Afternoon Kev.

I think the hype for Pulp had faded in this country, but it definitely got a boost from the expo. Obviously some had played it in the US but there was definitely a renewed buzz over here and people were looking to buy PF and definitely excited by it again.

It will probably die down once more if there is a long delay but the game is so good that I think excitement will build again. It will only take one at Pinfest and it will be the talk of the show like it was at AEG.

Yeah definitely got a boost seeing your video and reading @VeeMonroe great review, don't have a great experience of 70-80s classics so while its a bit of a gamble its some comfort you both enjoyed it after the new release honeymoon period. Need a bit of time to polish my skills ahead of its arrival, as it looks quite challenging too :D

I think its a bit different for us with PF on order, the CC customers I feel really sorry for, but we sorta went into this knowing delays would be likely.

That's a niche category on Tinder Vee (or Grinder for @Andydn )

I find you have to get a partner and talk about pinball so much that you convert them to the dark side.

Before you know it, they're secretly creeping down the garden to have a sneaky game of pinball whilst pretending not to be interested. 😂
It was a joke (obviously) ;)

We do share hobbies to what seems to be an unusual extent, but we were married long before we got into pinball :)

Yeah definitely got a boost seeing your video and reading @VeeMonroe great review, don't have a great experience of 70-80s classics so while its a bit of a gamble its some comfort you both enjoyed it after the new release honeymoon period. Need a bit of time to polish my skills ahead of its arrival, as it looks quite challenging too :D

I think its a bit different for us with PF on order, the CC customers I feel really sorry for, but we sorta went into this knowing delays would be likely.

Yeah, you're absolutely right Kev . . . we knew it would be a wait.
As for the classics, it took me a little while because I had 3 new Sterns and wasn't interested. That definitely changed as I think Pulp is a nice balance between modern and old.

I'm sure you'll be fine, some people said it's brutal but not compared to many of the Bally 81 games I've played.

It was a joke (obviously) ;)

We do share hobbies to what seems to be an unusual extent, but we were married long before we got into pinball :)

I know it was a joke mate x (so was mine just in case anyone is sending a proposal to Andy).

I know you were married before pinball . . . I seem to remember something about board games? 😉

Yeah, you're absolutely right Kev . . . we knew it would be a wait.
As for the classics, it took me a little while because I had 3 new Sterns and wasn't interested. That definitely changed as I think Pulp is a nice balance between modern and old.

I'm sure you'll be fine, some people said it's brutal but not compared to many of the Bally 81 games I've played.

Had it not been for playing (and quite enjoying) the Beetles at Funland I would have probably passed despite the theme being 100% perfect for me.
If the worst comes to the worst I'm sure there will be a way to adjust the ball save time :D
I figure its something a bit different, my other games have ramps, loops etc and I wanted some variety.

Back
Top Bottom