What's new

Finally, Pulp Fiction

Seems what Knapp are saying is in line with what we were expecting, don't see what they would gain from making stuff up.

For those of us with PF on order we kinda knew the score, feel really sorry for those still waiting on CCRs tho, why CG havent kept them more informed is a mystery, just an email every few months surely wouldn't hurt.

It didn’t fill me with confidence that they’re going to closely watch how someone else builds the machines before they finalise their own manufacturing process.

It didn’t fill me with confidence that they’re going to closely watch how someone else builds the machines before they finalise their own manufacturing process.
I was under the impression CGC are building all the games.

I believe the idea behind building the location games first is streamline the manufacturing process, and get games out there, hammered on location to identify any weak points that can be rectified for the home buyers, CGC suck with communication and are sloooow, but the build quality of the end product should be really good.

I wouldn't worry about the build quality of a CGC Dan mate. I'm sure they'll be great.

It didn’t fill me with confidence that they’re going to closely watch how someone else builds the machines before they finalise their own manufacturing process.believe most of sh^t I read online these days.
Don’t believe half the sh^t I read online these days.
All designed to raise peeps SM platforms.
Team behind PF are very professional.
I don’t have any concerns whatsoever over the build.

I've been tempted to pull the trigger a couple of times but want to see what people think of it after a few hundred games in the home, after the honeymoon period is over. It would be my only Pin so want something that will last a while.

These newer Pins are pushing out older games from people's collections so there's good opportunities to pick them up at more reasonable prices.

I've been tempted to pull the trigger a couple of times but want to see what people think of it after a few hundred games in the home, after the honeymoon period is over. It would be my only Pin so want something that will last a while.

These newer Pins are pushing out older games from people's collections so there's good opportunities to pick them up at more reasonable prices.
This is the only pin I’ve bought where I’m 110 %

Are you in on one Kris? I was contemplating one for my 70th but that’s 8yr away so not too sure it be here by then 😝

Mate, you don't look a day over 21 😉

I am getting one mate. Just finished the deadflip stream and watched the featurette again.

These boys know what they're doing.

And the 70's style game really couldn't have landed at a better time. This will go lovely with my Eight Ball Deluxe 😍

I do love my Tarantino so this has worked out perfectly.

I can't stretch to the BMF edition but I'm more than happy..... plus I don't have height for a topper anyway 🤣

Completely agree, and for me, this is the most exciting new pinball either announced, rumoured or in production. The theme integration and concept of using a huge amount of audio to replace the video style progression, but keep the depth is inspired. The retro playfield is gorgeous and a lovely counterpoint to the style of modern games. I’ve only recently joined Pinball Republic and I have to admit that the older games are really appealing now, after initially being drawn to brand new Stern. Don’t get me wrong, those games are also amazing, but PF looks to be getting so much right for something that dares to be so different.

Completely agree, and for me, this is the most exciting new pinball either announced, rumoured or in production. The theme integration and concept of using a huge amount of audio to replace the video style progression, but keep the depth is inspired. The retro playfield is gorgeous and a lovely counterpoint to the style of modern games. I’ve only recently joined Pinball Republic and I have to admit that the older games are really appealing now, after initially being drawn to brand new Stern. Don’t get me wrong, those games are also amazing, but PF looks to be getting so much right for something that dares to be so different.

Well said and particularly about daring to be different.

To decide to go without a screen could have been seen as a risk on a movie themed pin. But the pre-orders are massive so perhaps other manufacturers might condenser going in this direction?

A movie based pin without and footage in it!!!!!! Just goes to show how well established those characters and quotes are.

In your interview Josh seemed quite non committal about when they would start shipping. I wouldn't expect any over here this year.

As I remember it he pretty much said. "I wish I could tell you, I really do. But the plan is for Q3 which is end of September, start of October. I hope before the 1st of October they'll begin to leave the warehouse ".

I also said that I'd be happy to chop anything out of the video but he was happy for it to go out without edit. I've also had contact with someone else today and they certainly didn't try to correct anything.

I seem to remember hearing on a podcast that the bill acceptor location machines will go out first. I don't think we'll see any in the homes this year, certainly not in the UK.

A game that appears as polished as this would be worth waiting for. Complete shipped with fully tried and tested software also, no waiting years on code updates :)

I seem to remember hearing on a podcast that the bill acceptor location machines will go out first. I don't think we'll see any in the homes this year, certainly not in the UK.

A game that appears as polished as this would be worth waiting for. Complete shipped with fully tried and tested software also, no waiting years on code updates :)

Yeah, I was quite taken aback when he mentioned the finished code bit.

Back
Top Bottom