What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Energy prices - gone nuts.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
More than doubled in a year, saw yesterday they are giving everyone a £400 credit on our bill in October now and we dont have to pay it back over 5 years anymore.

Current thinking is it will plateau in January when they move to 3 month cap change and then possibly go down a bit.
even £400 is a joke, for some people its probably gone up £400 a month, so they are basically just giving them 1 months free. Not sure how much effort is involved (and this is probably why they dint do this) but it should be calculated on your usage surely? ie someone who does not use much £400 will go a long way but someone who uses a long £400 is a drop in the ocean?

I dont think the tax payer should be picking up energy bills for anyone except the very very poor.
why? when it can effect everyone. People living what was a comfortable life now could be on the breadline surely they deserve some help as well?

The main flaw in it at the moment is people with multiple homes can claim it for each home. It’s possible but unlikely someone who can afford multiple homes needs even one claim let alone one for each property.

Not dishing it out to those who don’t need it would mean being able to help those who do even more

why? when it can effect everyone. People living what was a comfortable life now could be on the breadline surely they deserve some help as well?
Hell no. where do you draw the line? folks think the government has endless money, the government has no money, the money it has is taken from its people, its not a bottomless pit and what do you do when you run out of other peoples money?

^ it’s actually a lot worse than that. our govt and our public finances are deeply in debt. so not only do we have no money we owe a huge amount that is clocking up billions in interest debt too!

who are we in debt to? well once again our friends the super rich seem to hold all the cards.

slavery is alive and kicking.

Certainly is Alan, we are slaves to debt. All i see this £400 being the catalyst for more inflation due to the additional spending power people will have.

This all seems engineered and by design to me - why is the energy cap is being raised at this point in time?

Next it will be tainted meat causes Monkeypox and we all start snacking on Dr Bill Gates Faux Meat...

Next it will be tainted meat causes Monkeypox and we all start snacking on Dr Bill Gates Faux Meat...
Soylent Gates Snack Bars in Green. They'll be blaming Putin for Monkeypox next....

So the economy is basically ****ed? So glad my job does not make its revenue from the uk.

The main flaw in it at the moment is people with multiple homes can claim it for each home. It’s possible but unlikely someone who can afford multiple homes needs even one claim let alone one for each property.

Not dishing it out to those who don’t need it would mean being able to help those who do even more
I think it's coming by default to every bill payer rather than being claimed for. I'd guess the process of administering means-testing/an application process/working out who owns more than one house - for every property in the country - would cost a fortune. Enough to make it not worthwhile even attempting, by the looks of things.

The £400 for everyone is a bonus though, imo. It was the additional £650 on top of that going to the 8 million people already on means-tested benefits that was most important. For a Tory Chancellor, I think he's found an OK balance there tbh.

The answer is SO SIMPLE. I have no idea why nobody has mentioned it on the news.

A new 'cap' is introduced by government - to their own admission - energy companies are making a MINT.

In other words - turn the clocks back.

Perhaps it should be means tested - they can use all the people they are paying until next january who used to do the covid testing.

Do you mean energy companies as in re sellers who sell us the energy like bulb, octopus etc.. Or the ones who actually create the energy? As I don't think there is no profit being made by the resellers, the last energy rise killed most of them off!

Someone somewhere is getting rich though!

So the economy is basically ****ed? So glad my job does not make its revenue from the uk.
From what I’m seeing the world is going to be up 5hit creek! The mega rich will get richer and moan about handouts to the poor.
But when the 5hit really hits the fan and there are riots with food shortages etc all hell will break loose, what I keep hearing about anyway☹️
Look at Sri Lanka https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...ie-sri-lanka-warns-food-shortages-2022-05-20/

Batten down the hatches and don’t turn the power on😂

From what I’m seeing the world is going to be up 5hit creek! The mega rich will get richer and moan about handouts to the poor.
But when the 5hit really hits the fan and there are riots with food shortages etc all hell will break loose, what I keep hearing about anyway☹️
Look at Sri Lanka https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...ie-sri-lanka-warns-food-shortages-2022-05-20/

Batten down the hatches and don’t turn the power on😂
Living in a little cabin in the forest off the land sounds better and better every day :D

Living in a little cabin in the forest off the land sounds better and better every day :D
I nearly got lost in Cannaston Woods next to Bluestone the other day walking the dog, thank god for Google maps😂
Nice cabins in Bluestone😎

Attachments

• 4FEA5F66-1E9F-4491-8559-3C57169950A1.jpeg
    4FEA5F66-1E9F-4491-8559-3C57169950A1.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 6
Do you mean energy companies as in re sellers who sell us the energy like bulb, octopus etc.. Or the ones who actually create the energy? As I don't think there is no profit being made by the resellers, the last energy rise killed most of them off!

Someone somewhere is getting rich though!
Well the big six then need to have a cap put on them then.

we’re deffo heading to an economic disaster. in a few more generations capitalism and free market western style current financial system will fail. we will have civil war and mass riots leading to a reset of the financial systems - the super rich will have ****ed off to the moon or mars 😂

The answer is SO SIMPLE. I have no idea why nobody has mentioned it on the news.

A new 'cap' is introduced by government - to their own admission - energy companies are making a MINT.

In other words - turn the clocks back.

Perhaps it should be means tested - they can use all the people they are paying until next january who used to do the covid testing.

Or just re-nationalise the supply side of it, run it not for profit and make it so every one pays the exact same amount per KWh for either electric or gas.

That way companies that both produce and sell to homes dont get a double dip of profit from their energy.

Well the big six then need to have a cap put on them then.
They're in the same boat at the moment I think - unless they used some financial technique to pre-buy at last year's prices (futures, or something like that I guess).

They profited in the tens/hundreds of billions in the good times for basically administering bills though (pretty badly according to any review site you look at) - which could be Treasury money if they were nationalised :hmm:

Or just re-nationalise the supply side of it, run it not for profit and make it so every one pays the exact same amount per KWh for either electric or gas.

That way companies that both produce and sell to homes dont get a double dip of profit from their energy.
Welsh water is not for profit and the way it should be for all utilities👍

Went up 10p overnight😡
When will it stop going up? Had a booster jab today, that cost me just over a gallon😭
B6325E59-67B4-40B8-B96A-D6F0EEB2C044.jpeg

got about 20% left in tank so will pop down this weekend :D
If you get the app you can check the price before you drive down! (I was looking at BHM as up there later in the week - 174.7 there at the mo - whats the betting that it goes up before I get there on Thursday!!)

Back
Top Bottom