What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DMD clocks - Colour 2020 version!!

Deposit paid Paul.

Regards,

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update,
Having built the first 10 clocks I have noticed a major Bug in the software where, whilst it accepts UK postcodes, it will only do so directly in the config file.. until anything is saved, when it reverts to a blank field entry. This only affects the "weather" part of the clock, however this needs to be working before i will ship these :)

Bloody annoying, since ive already Prepared 40+ cards with a standard default image i had prepared... :mad: More haste, less speed...

Have reached out to the developer - Watch this space....

Last edited:
8 port usb hub + etcher will burn 8 cards in 7min :)

Ooh - Suggestions on kit?? What you say 8 port USB hub - does that need to have 8 separate card readers, or is there a card reader that will support 8 cards?? :D

Any decent usb hub will work, I use these but they are quite hard to get hold of now for the card readers https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kingston...614005?hash=item26439547f5:g:xrwAAOSwuYFfJ2ub
Don’t use that link as china fake most likely just using as example.

I think any decent card reader will work just avoid the cheaper China 99p ****e they are extremely unreliable.

Works fantastic with etcher as it finds all the SD cards and burns in parallel so very fast.

I use a older version of this Belkin hub (ah 7 port not 8) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belkin-U...437050&hash=item3f8a99f66f:g:pXsAAOSwzsFaFsM8

But any good name brand stuff will work just as well just avoid all the cheap China ****e eBay is littered with these days.

Thanks Russ - I do have a 7 port USB3 (Anker) so that would work a treat... to be honest it's not been so bad as leave them to do whilst working on other stuff... just annoying....

More concerning is how sore my fingers are after building just 10.. screwing stuff in by hand and using Torqued electrical Screwdriver.. Will get there :D

Many apologies for the delay.

Software now sorted and weather accepting UK postcodes. Also upgraded to a newer version of the software, so all cutting edge :)

First 10 all built and ready for customization this weekend, and will be ready to be posted this week :)

I must say, it is slightly dissapointing that the order of shipping doesn't go out to those who paid in full first. That seems a bit bizarre. Maybe something to consider for next time????

I must say, it is slightly dissapointing that the order of shipping doesn't go out to those who paid in full first. That seems a bit bizarre. Maybe something to consider for next time????

I get it, however welcome to an administrative nightmare. No-one was told they had to pay all in one - however i know that some prefer that way whilst they have the cash. And to be honest it did allow me to get the parts en-route well ahead of time.
Also - windows were made for payments to make things easier, which were adhered to (around payment)

As i mentioned, these arent supposed to start shipping until Late October/Early November. I just wanted to get a jump on them because it gets people their product as early as possible.

I feel your nightmare although I did less than half this amount with the signs it was stressful enough.
I sent them and just worked through using my PayPal account to see who paid first but I think with your clocks it should be by alphabetical order of pinfo name.

Oh while I’m on can you please just change my name from Colywobbles to Aardvark Col

thx in advance

Aardvark Col

If they were pre-built and i was just sending them out as payments came in then fair enough... however every single one is individual, and therefore i assemble in batches of 10, configure each one at a time, and then send out that batch.

Just send em all out at once problem solved :) and every ones special and a winner! Yaaaay

I’m ready to receive mine when you’re ready to send them [mention]Paul [/mention] - good of you and the team to give up time to sort this for everyone here.

If there are others more desperate to receive than me - no problem pushing them ahead up the dispatch queue.

What's the problem if you are one of the first to receive or one of the last ?
As long as you get one what's the issue.
I will be happy to receive mine whenever Paul is ready to send it. I'm just happy to be getting one, and massive thanks to Paul for making it all up for me.
I think Paul has enough on his mind with the Colour displays and the tweaks to the forum upgrade and not having the hassle of who receives there colour display first.

If they were pre-built and i was just sending them out as payments came in then fair enough... however every single one is individual, and therefore i assemble in batches of 10, configure each one at a time, and then send out that batch.
Hope this was taken sarcastically I was just trying to lighten the thread. I already have a clock so if I’m last on the list it be a nice xmas pressie of the missus anyways and kills 2 birds with one stone as she can never think of what to buy me.
like replicas said no rush for me either get the beavers out of the way 1st.

Another person who can wait until whenever it is right for you Paul. I can only imagine how much goes into this and really appreciate what you are doing.

Sorry Paul, ignore me. I was in an exceptionally grumpy mood yesterday. (Trying to book a survey when all the surveyors are furloughed is driving me insane). You take your time mate and I'm happy to be last on the list, it makes no odds. I can understand the admin nightmare and also the stress involved in making the things. Apologies!

Sorry Paul, ignore me. I was in an exceptionally grumpy mood yesterday. (Trying to book a survey when all the surveyors are furloughed is driving me insane). You take your time mate and I'm happy to be last on the list, it makes no odds. I can understand the admin nightmare and also the stress involved in making the things. Apologies!
Mate - no worries... I've just had my second holiday of the year all but cancelled (there was me thinking Turkey would be fine... and it's been booked for over a year!), so I'm a Grumpy git at the moment....

I think Paul has enough on his mind with the Colour displays and the tweaks to the forum upgrade

If i'm honest Real life is a Mare at the moment, so any break from it is a bonus! :D

Mate - no worries... I've just had my second holiday of the year all but cancelled (there was me thinking Turkey would be fine... and it's been booked for over a year!), so I'm a Grumpy git at the moment....

If i'm honest Real life is a Mare at the moment, so any break from it is a bonus! :D

Paul are you still in Bristol? If you ever need a hand assembling / testing / packaging boards give me a shout :)

Paul are you still in Bristol? If you ever need a hand assembling / testing / packaging boards give me a shout :)
Very nice of you to offer Russ - Unfortunately the "Assembly line" is in South Wales (Took over my misses' entire Dining room for a month to build these - that way i can make it a static-free zone :) )
Fortunately she isnt in a lockdown area!!!

Due to an unfortunate turn of events, one person has asked to pull out - is there anyone else on here that might be interested in taking their slot??

Back
Top Bottom