DMD clocks - Colour 2020 version!!

Dave Bishop

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Sidcup, Kent
OK - so new issue with the clock- nothing on display.
I went into settings and all the brightness was set to 0.

Changed that for every hour - nothing
Turned it off and back on- no start up screen at all.

I have taken it off the wall and back into the house. When I connect to the app and change something the green light flickers then goes off. Nothing on display at all.

Any suggestions @Paul @MadNat

Thanks

AlanJ

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Alias
I am me
you have lost the panel settings as well. it’s a known problem where these clocks lose all the settings. happened to me twice.

the panel settings are in a post somewhere in this thread
think it’s
rgb

Reactions: br1Ck

MadNat

Site Supporter
May 11, 2019
Warwickshire UK
That is a pain in the backside - when it loses those settings. It happens in a number of scenarios - entering the wrong url (eg history/url recall) and clicking save more than once (it’s not the most responsive ui- so an easy mistake).

My advice is to take a copy of the sd card. Sometimes it’s easier to burn a new sd card than scramble with searching for a up address and re-entering settings

Andypuk

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2013
Birmingham, UK
That is a pain in the backside - when it loses those settings. It happens in a number of scenarios - entering the wrong url (eg history/url recall) and clicking save more than once (it’s not the most responsive ui- so an easy mistake).

My advice is to take a copy of the sd card. Sometimes it’s easier to burn a new sd card than scramble with searching for a up address and re-entering settings

Do you need to take the frame apart to get to the SD card?

I took a backup of what I could see when I connected to the clock via my laptop and browsed to the drive - would that be all the same data i'd see on the SD card or are there some more hidden files?

OP
Paul

Paul

Staff member
Oct 5, 2012
South Wales
www.pinballinfo.com
Alias
Toibs

I took a backup of what I could see when I connected to the clock via my laptop and browsed to the drive - would that be all the same data i'd see on the SD card or are there some more hidden files?

Long nosed pliers down through the top of the display - is a MicroSD mounted in one end of the Pi

Reactions: Andypuk and MadNat

MadNat

Site Supporter
May 11, 2019
Warwickshire UK

This method copies the files, but you won’t be able to create a bootable SD card from it easily. Doing a SD card image copy was also much faster than doing a network transfer for me. Could be a slow WiFi connection, or the many small files - but for some reason a network copy for me took a ridiculous amount of time - I cancelled it as it was taking so long.

Quite a few sd image copy apps out there for various OS’s and devices.