What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas Cracker 2021 (actually to be held in 2022)

Huge thanks to Terry and Wayne for a fantastic days pinball. Also to Julie for the great food. Flip frenzy is a great format.

Oh and Terry, those blue slippers are mine, feel free to feed them to your dog :D

Thanks to everyone who came today.
Special thanks to Tel for hosting, Julie for providing the food, Rob for the trophies, and Phil for the loan of the additional machine, Nick for helping with the scoring and admin and Alex for stepping in and marshalling the queue.

Was a shame that there were a few minor issues with machines, which impacted on the format slightly, but it looks like nearly everyone still managed to play at least 20 games.

Congrats to Nick for the win with a great last ball comeback.
Peter for 2nd
Greg for 3rd and
Tim for 4th (I did have to double check the results to ensure he had actually qualified 🤣)

Also congrats to Phoebe for picking up the trophy for Best Woman/Youth player.

Thanks Tel and Wayne for the great tiring day 😴 I feel like I've been rode hard and put away wet!

Thanks to only five of you, including Dan, Peter, Gene, Effie and Mr Dutton for letting me have a handful of wins..😂

Cheers kindly Tel, Wayne, Julie, etc. Really appreciate all the effort. Brilliant day out and had fun getting whipped!

We had a really enjoyable day at Terry's (as always) and I didn't see or hear Bruce once - Terry has trained him to kill (only me and @Dave2084 it seems). Huge thanks to Terry for allowing us the run of his games, Julie for being head chef and Wayne for running everything. Congrats to all the other finalists and here's hoping that all finals are on Godzilla going forward :p

A big thanks from me too to Terry for opening his house up to us rabble, keeping all the machines going at expense of his own comp matches and to Wayne for runing the comp smoothly and Julie for all the lovely food.

Had a great time and pleasantly surprised to make the final espeically after losing the first 3 games of the day. Would have preferred not to have played Post Time about 7 times and Black Jack 6!! Think Simon Harper can appreciate that too as he also got Post Timed.

Well done to Nick on the win and Peter for a close 2nd with one of his first ever games on Godzilla. Think we need to make a rule that the final cannot be on Gdozilla if Nick is in it!

Great day, as I say thanks to all

Just wanted to add our thanks to Terry for opening up his house and hosting. To Wayne for organising and Julie for the lovely food.
We had a great day, first flip frenzy comp for us and really enjoyed it.
Great to meet old friends and make new ones!
We’ll done to all the winners 🏆

Good times had by all I think, its great to be able to do things like this again. Special thanks to Terry for hosting, Wayne for organising and Julie for the lovely turkey, it felt like Christmas again!😆😋

Huge thanks to Terry and Wayne for a fantastic days pinball. Also to Julie for the great food. Flip frenzy is a great format.

Oh and Terry, those blue slippers are mine, feel free to feed them to your dog :D
I,ll keep them for when you visit again Bruce is not into slippers just food

I would like to thank all of for making a great day couple of machines packed sorry @PUP
BIG BIG thanks to Wayne Johns for running the comp and all the background work leading up to the event
and Phil Dixon for all your hard work, Julie for the fantastic food and Rob Taylor for sponsoring the trophies
sorry if I've forgotten anybody
The charity is The First Responders Shepshed which is close to my heart they attend to patients
with urgent care locally before ambulance arrive etc
the also provide defibrillators in various locations in the surrounding villages etc
and various training courses
hope i've not bored you the runs on entirely an donations and all money raise goes into charity every single penny
you all help raise over £500.00 plus a further £500.00 donation from a local company for the loan of a pinball
think that's about it
so THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN

Screenshot 2022-01-10 185441.png

The results from Sunday.

The figures for unique games played and opponents played is at best a guestimate due to the seemingly random nature of some of the written results. one player even managed to play 2 games on 8 Ball Deluxe! Having 4 Dave/David s didn't help either.

Results have now been submitted to IFPA.

Last edited:
Have been searching for something to blame for my shocking performance since that end of Sunday, but truth is, I'm completely out of practice after my near two-years hiatus from the community! 2022 however I will spend climbing back up the rockface!

It's been said but can't be reiterated enough - thanks so much for a fantastic day of pinball, to everyone that made it happen.

View attachment 157307

The results from Sunday.

The figures for unique games played and opponents played is at best a guestimate due to the seemingly random nature of some of the written results. one player even managed to play 2 games on 8 Ball Deluxe! Having 4 Dave/David s didn't help either.

Results have now been submitted to IFPA.

Thanks Wayne for all the hard work.
Can you crop out the bottom 6 lines? 😂

Back
Top Bottom