What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas Cracker 2021 (actually to be held in 2022)

Wayne J

Site Supporter
Alias
WWJ
Wayne J added a new event:

Christmas Cracker 2021 (actually to be held in 2022)

The Christmas Cracker this year will return to @Telboy 's in Shepshed.

As always it will be a charity event with all proceeds going to a local charity, to be announced nearer the time. Entry price will be £20 for over 15s. Under 16 will be free entry.

Due to the first 2 weekends of December already having tournaments scheduled, this will be held the 2nd Sunday in January.

There will also be a change in the format, due to many people commenting on how long it runs, and...

Read more about this event...

Registered Players

Alyssia Jarvis
Andy Foster
Chris Edis
Claire Lickman

Clive Bush
Craig Pullen
Dan Lewell
Dave Wllcox
David Bowery
David Dutton
Diane Bush
Dave MClean
Effie Lewell
Gene Aw
Greg Mott

Jesse Walker
John Martin
Jim King
Kate Rothwell-Jackson
Kevin Donovan
Kirk Sadler
Leo Marshall

Luke Grayson
Mark Craven
Matt Vince
Max Maclean
Mike Addis
Naomi Porter
Neil McRae
Nick Marshall
Paul Brookfield
Paul Garner

Paul Owen
Peter Blakemore
Phil Dixon
Phoebe Lewell
Richard Rothwell-Jackson
Roy Smith
Simon Harper
Simon Peacock
Steven Smith
Terry Sullivan
Tim Porter
Tony Smith
Wayne Johns
Wayne Rusell

William Jarvis
Yuen Aw

Last edited:
I know it's for charity but £20 seems a bit steep
It was £15 2 years ago, I thought that was a fair(ish) increase.

What do others think? It's about maximising the profit for the charity.

Is 30 people paying £20 more or less likely to happen than 40 people paying £15?

I'm in. Inflation is crazy right now.

But seriously, the format means everyone is guaranteed 3 hours or so of actual play (rather than being knocked out on the first X games). I love formats like that. 👍

£20 is not a bad price for a day out in my eyes.

1 round of drinks costs more than that in my local.

Only gripe from me is change of format. I really like the Christmas cracker's usual format. BUT, I also like flip frenzy so not much to complain about really!! 🤣

Only gripe from me is change of format. I really like the Christmas cracker's usual format. BUT, I also like flip frenzy so not much to complain about really!! 🤣
It's a tough call, but you COULD be knocked out after only 3 rounds (6 games), but this means everyone is almost guaranteed over 20 games each!
Plus everyone finishes at the same time, so you don't need to hang around watching Phoebe and Effie play once you're knocked out 🙂

It's a tough call, but you COULD be knocked out after only 3 rounds (6 games), but this means everyone is almost guaranteed over 20 games each!
Plus everyone finishes at the same time, so you don't need to hang around watching Phoebe and Effie play once you're knocked out 🙂
Ooof! Harsh but true!

I'm rostered two weeks off that ends on the 9th of January and back to work the Monday 🙄
Tempted to book a days leave so I can come up and stay locally.

How many machines roughly, and max capacity will it be?

i can’t make it sadly its CES week and I’m having to go.

I'm rostered two weeks off that ends on the 9th of January and back to work the Monday 🙄
Tempted to book a days leave so I can come up and stay locally.

How many machines roughly, and max capacity will it be?
Capacity has been 48 for previous comps (which needed 48 entrants to work properly with old format)
Will likely it a little lower this time around.

Off the top of my head, machines likely to be available for play are:

Beatles
Deadpool
Hot Wheels
Mandolorian
Jurassic Park
Getaway (HS2)
High Speed
BlackJack
Eight Ball
Eight Ball Champ
F14
Avengers?
Spiderman?

There are usually around 16-18 machines, but @Telboy will be able to confirm nearer the date what the machines will be.

Is it possible to get an address for the location? Would love to attend but need to work out logistics of getting there of course.

Is it possible to get an address for the location? Would love to attend but need to work out logistics of getting there of course.
For obvious reasons I'm not going to post someone's private address on a public forum, but it is off Cumbrian Way in Shepshed.

I'll send out exact details to people who need it after they have registered and paid.

Back
Top Bottom