What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attitudes on the forum....

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the other end of this argument is the guy in Croydon selling a Next Generation for £1500. It now appears that as he has had so many interested, he is changing the price and inviting interested people to submit bid Cheeky sod! I also sold a Getaway for £3200 and took a £500 non refundable deposit, Now the guy tells me he cannot afford it and thinks he paid too much. Sorry but that is the point of a deposit!

WTF did I miss people here let you sell a machine worth no more than 2k for £3200 by jeez you are some cowboy getting away with that.
Are you not ashamed to say you conned some poor soul out of money. suppose after you got the buyer off your back your gonna relist it again for 3200 and scam someone else?
You (wont say) (sir) are the lowest form of a person and should be booted from here asap.

I take a break for a few weeks and come back to this, where is the price police when u need them.

I offered no opinion on greed, or the legality of auctions or deposits. Simply that it's far more 'cheeky' for you to sell a Getaway for over £3K and keep a new buyers deposit than it is to ask for more money when you realise you've messed up on the price. Do I think it's right? No. I think its inevitable.

I hope you never feel the pain of being financially dry bummed on a pin deal. Its certainly not something i would perpetuate to a new buyer by keeping their deposit, so yes. I'd have given it back. Minus your costs of course, assuming there were any at all.
No costs as such But I did turn down an offer of £2900 based on the sale. That is what non refundable means!

WTF did I miss people here let you sell a machine worth no more than 2k for £3200 by jeez you are some cowboy getting away with that.
Are you not ashamed to say you conned some poor soul out of money. suppose after you got the buyer off your back your gonna relist it again for 3200 and scam someone else?
You (wont say) (sir) are the lowest form of a person and should be booted from here asap.

I take a break for a few weeks and come back to this, where is the price police when u need them.
How can you possibly know 1) What this particular machine was worth based on its condition? 2) I "conned" nobody! the guy saw and played the machine and commented that it was one of the best restorations he had ever seen, So please tell me exactly how I conned anybody???. Childish insults are really very "adult" are the Atlantis? For your information, Yes I will be re-listing it at a price I decide. If a grown up person want it I will sell it to them after they have played it and inspected it. I will of course involve you in the negotiation as you clearly know everything! Oh and for your information I did NOT list it on this site at all! Funnily enough the guy who bought it was from Ireland too. Mybe you know him?

The most likely reason being that your price would have been laughed at
No I realise that selling between fellow "pinheds" means dropping your prices to around "trade" price. Clearly pins that are sold on eBay fetch far more than on an enthusiasts site. If I am selling is it not sensible to sell where you can get the best possible price?

No I realise that selling between fellow "pinheds" means dropping your prices to around "trade" price. Clearly pins that are sold on eBay fetch far more than on an enthusiasts site. If I am selling is it not sensible to sell where you can get the best possible price?

Sooooooooooo you come on here buy your pins cheap and sell them on eBay for megabucks more than they're worth? I guess you don't know what a community means in that big inflated world you live in.

Someone make me an admin and il boot him for you cause this guy is not worth having around.

I buy pinballs here and I sell pinballs here but never have I made a profit or overcharged anyone and I have zero interest in anyone that does that or eBay.(I was told my prices were a few hundred high and quickly cut them as the new buyers can vouch)

I sold an HS2 in mint shape 1800 and took a trade-in and id say its the guy that was buying yours and im glad if I did to save the poor guy getting ripped

I fear selling a pin at "trade" price on this forum for enthusiasts and someone like you 'restoring' it with new coil sleeves then taking it to Ebay and patting yourself on the back for the great profit you've made. I'd rather see you bounced from here too and I'm one of the nice ones...usually!

Sooooooooooo you come on here buy your pins cheap and sell them on eBay for megabucks more than they're worth? I guess you don't know what a community means in that big inflated world you live in.

Someone make me an admin and il boot him for you cause this guy is not worth having around.

I buy pinballs here and I sell pinballs here but never have I made a profit or overcharged anyone and I have zero interest in anyone that does that or eBay.(I was told my prices were a few hundred high and quickly cut them as the new buyers can vouch)

I sold an HS2 in mint shape 1800 and took a trade-in and id say its the guy that was buying yours and im glad if I did to save the poor guy getting ripped
I have NEVER bought a pinball machine from this site! and I restore these machine to as close to new as possible. Quite why people are so interested in prices elsewhere is beyond me. As for "bouncing" me from the site. Exactly why? I am not rude or offensive to anyone and only express my views in the same manner as everyone else

Last edited:
I fear selling a pin at "trade" price on this forum for enthusiasts and someone like you 'restoring' it with new coil sleeves then taking it to Ebay and patting yourself on the back for the great profit you've made. I'd rather see you bounced from here too and I'm one of the nice ones...usually!
I hve not bought from this site and when I do a restoration that includes all elctronics are uprated (new Capacitors rectifiers etc, Total cabinet repair and redecal, Platfield strip and new plastics etc a colour DMD n a full rechrome (normally £800~1000 alone) As you have never seen or played one of my restorations How can you possibly make comment? You can sell a clapped out Ford Capri for £1K but a restored one can fetch £30K+ they are both ford Carpi's

Depends what you're in it for I guess.
Exactly. On here fellow Pinheads exchange help, ideas etc and sell accordingly. The reason I do not buy or sell on her is so as not to "insult" anyone I respect other peoples opinions but being rude an insulting is just plain wrong!

No costs as such But I did turn down an offer of £2900 based on the sale. That is what non refundable means!

Then you'd probably have no trouble selling to that person who offered £2900. Assuming they are real. Hence no big deal. Right?

And, FYI, 'Non refundable' means you don't give them their money back and has nothing to do with the perception that there's two buyers in the 3K+ getaway buyers pool.

Then you'd probably have no trouble selling to that person who offered £2900. Assuming they are real. Hence no big deal. Right?

And, FYI, 'Non refundable' means you don't give them their money back and has nothing to do with the perception that there's two buyers in the 3K+ getaway buyers pool.
Sadly the person who offered me the £2900 has since bought elsewhere I understand he bough another Getaway on eBay. As for Non refundable EXACTLY MY POINT! The deposit is non refundable nomatter what! Is that "conning" someone? Please explain.

Sadly the person who offered me the £2900 has since bought elsewhere I understand he bough another Getaway on eBay. As for Non refundable EXACTLY MY POINT! The deposit is non refundable nomatter what! Is that "conning" someone? Please explain.

I never mentioned that you 'conned' anyone at all. You really need to slow down and read things properly. Read rage is real y'know.

I'd wish you luck, but you'd probably think i'm sleeping with your dog or something. haha. :thumbs:

I never mentioned that you 'conned' anyone at all. You really need to slow down and read things properly. Read rage is real y'know.

I'd wish you luck, but you'd probably think i'm sleeping with your dog or something. haha. :thumbs:
Not you directly but others have accused me of "conning" people and being a "cowboy" without even seeing one of my restorations. In the case of the Getaway the chroming alone cost close to £1k from Folkstone Chrome!

Sorry, @AndyB53 I miss read the thread title. I thought this was where we all got a bit sassy and let off our pent up pinball pricing steam.

I'm sure your high end refurbs are lovely and fetch top dollar. But for every pin you do that to you take a player's game out of price point for alot of the enthusiasts on this forum. That plus the bragging about what you sell them for doesn't sit too well with me and others hence the bite back.

Upon reflection may I apologise for suggesting bouncing you. Perhaps follow others examples of doing shop logs to show the steps it's taken to get a pin restored up to newish condition, @PeteB did a lovely rfm for example. Then you can justify the price to us enthusiasts who will be salivating over your work anyway and probably be inspired to try some restoration work themselves as I was by others here. Then if it doesn't sell here take it to Ebay to get the top dollar. Just my £0.02.

I dont make many comment on here but I have to say andyB does have a point. Looking at his posts it seems he has been met with a barrage of abuse and critisism. It seems simple to me. If he sells something for a certain price to an adult buyer who knows what they are into Good luck to him. I personally would not pay his prices but I am not being asked to. Cant quite understand why people are asking for his removal? he has not insulted anyone! At the very top of this thread admin say they will not tolerate insulting behavior so why is this guy getting such stick?

I hve not bought from this site and when I do a restoration that includes all elctronics are uprated (new Capacitors rectifiers etc, Total cabinet repair and redecal, Platfield strip and new plastics etc a colour DMD n a full rechrome (normally £800~1000 alone) As you have never seen or played one of my restorations How can you possibly make comment? You can sell a clapped out Ford Capri for £1K but a restored one can fetch £30K+ they are both ford Carpi's

you are entitled to sell at whatever price you want and if the guy came views it plays it and is happy to pay what you wanted then really that’s his problem I sold my fully restored hs2 for over that
But to describe it as fully restored is far from the truth as people pointed out you said on a post it was fully complete for ex amount yet on e bay it was 1k more you also say you spent £1000 on chrome what the hell did you Chrome polished side rails £60 and in your own log you said you polished the lock bar but not to a good standard so what has the other chrome money gone on you also asked a lot of amateur questions on group about things which looks like you really didn’t know what you are doing also competed very quickly which also sort of says it’s not fully restored I have done many full restoration s and it takes months pics below are what I described as fully restored 5F54D429-FD43-4098-8BF5-3F80619112BE.jpegE2F8F8DD-24D8-46E2-A3BF-2260D7EC9634.jpeg

As for my sale. I sold it for an agreed price, took a NON REFUNDABLE deposit. Now they guy has changed his mind. What would you do in these circumstances? Give him his money back? Yeah right!!

Firstly I would say that it is unethical to require a non refundable deposit of that kind of magnitude.

And secondly, if the game is genuinely worth that kind of money you should have no problem reselling it and therefore should have no problem with giving the person their deposit back.

Or maybe it isn't worth the kind of money you were selling it for, hence the need to lock the buyer in with a non refundable deposit

I would, and have in the past, refunded deposits and the amounts are small in any case, maybe £20 as a sign of good faith.

Firstly I would say that it is unethical to require a non refundable deposit of that kind of magnitude.

And secondly, if the game is genuinely worth that kind of money you should have no problem reselling it and therefore should have no problem with giving the person their deposit back.

Or maybe it isn't worth the kind of money you were selling it for, hence the need to lock the buyer in with a non refundable deposit

I would, and have in the past, refunded deposits and the amounts are small in any case, maybe £20 as a sign of good faith.
I have to admit £500 was a lot however I only asked for a "holding non-refundable" deposit. It was the Buyer who suggested £500 not me. that being since the sale I have been arranging shipping to Naas in Ireland and had purchase a palleted crate to enable the safe shipping. After receiving the crate, he started several excuses for not paying for what he bought. To put it bluntly the b---gered me around. So yes I have kept his deposit, (most of you would do the same in the same circumstances) and I will be re-listing it to reflect the money I have already received. I see that if I gave it away, there would be some "clown" saying I should pay the buyer to take it away. As I said earlier not one of you has actually seen or played this machine so I really cannot see how you can make an informed comment . Ii will not reply further even if "baited"

As I said earlier not one of you has actually seen or played this machine so I really cannot see how you can make an informed comment .

Bearing that in mind, why don't you respond to @CHRIS B PINBALLS post? Some pictures of the bottom of your getaways playfield would shut everyone up pretty quickly if it's as good as you say it is.

"most of you would do the same in the same circumstances" I couldn't disagree more, I don't think I know anyone on here that would do that. Perhaps keeping the money for the pallet would be reasonable but taking £500 quid off someone and refusing to give it back is down right disgusting and not on the spirit of a our community that offers free help, free advice and even free parts in some cases.

@CHRIS B PINBALLS That playfield is absolutely beautiful, I hope one day I'll be able to restore machines to the incredible standard that you do mate

I agree with Paul 100%

Please don't allow this forum to slide into the cesspool that is (name removed because of keyboard warriors).

A pinball forum should be for sharing our love of pinball and we should never allow 'brave' typists sitting in Grandma's basement slagging off at anyone and everything just because they can.

It is sad to see other forums descend into the mud because there is so much good to be gained but it only takes a handful of people, some with their own agendas, to drag the whole place down.

I love healthy debate and constructive criticism/comments. It would be a boring world if we all had the same opinions and all liked the same things but when things turn and become personal attacks or direct abuse it really is time to take stock.

I'm all for one warning only, then banned.

Life is too short to tolerate troublemakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom