What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Rush hype train

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Stern have a fix in the shape of their attempt at a cliffy, apparently its made of cheese and is bending. Mylar the scoop lips folks.
Just played an LE in Orlando's Arcade Monsters, one and only game lasted forever a ridiculous amount of multiballs and scored 148M the high score on the machine is 95M and didn't allow me to enter initials:confused:

That attempt at a cliffy is awful, the amount of balls that just smashed into it and bounced upwards was worrying!

Is this really the factory fix for the scoop deforming problem? :-o313D19DB-F853-48D2-9EF4-41D5F0DC57E7.jpeg

Last edited:
that's the temporary fix I understand it.

amazes me this scoop has caused so many issues. its not the 90s!

These were the lethal pieces of cheese on the LE I played last week (sorry for poor quality)
Screenshot_20220313-132544.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220308_144240_071.jpg
    IMG_20220308_144240_071.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 17
Managed to finally get down to Funland to play Rush today - put my initials up! As far as the game goes - it's a great shooter. When you get into the flow of the game the shots feel intuitive and satisfying - the upper-flipper to ramp shot is brilliant. Great shot through the pops, I love the time machine and the two spinners on either side. No shot feels particularly cruel. But when you can't pick and hit your shots the game is very dangerous, which is really exactly what I like. Rule's seem fun and a better effort than Led Zeppelin, which I think is partially because this machine is easier to combo so it makes more sense to heavily focus the code on that. Working Man and Fly By Night are fun modes with cool gimmicks.

I really enjoyed the game but I have one concern - it didn't feel very deep. Not to be confused with complex - the rules are very complex, but I felt by my scoreboard worthy game I'd seen the majority of what it had to offer. Modes, callouts and rules were repeated and I wonder beyond the layout how well the game would hold up in a home setting. It also falls foul of my same criticism of Led Zeppelin - the game feels like a pinball machine that plays music, not a pinball machine where you are part of the music. This is something GnR and IMDN do very well, but Led Zep and to some extent Rush struggle with.

I think that as code gets updated the game should get much better, and we may see it in the same realm as Stranger Things - rough on release but a sought after game in time.

I'll also admit I don't really understand the criticism of Rush as too much "Prog" Rock - sure, some of their songs like Tom Sawyer are more out there, but tunes like Working Man or Far Cry are IMO pretty staple Rock. Maybe I just like Rush more than the average person. Either way, it's definitely a game I'd like to revisit once the code is a little more fleshed out.

Last edited:
What was your High Score worthy game?
I played a few games at Electric Circus and got scores up to 150mil, then saw others online posting scores in the billions.😨

I have to say, I'm not a great lover of it all, it seems completely unintuitive as to what you're mean to be shooting and the scoop protector was warped after less than 2 dozen games from new.

For those that do like it, what am I missing?

Managed to finally get down to Funland to play Rush today - put my initials up! As far as the game goes - it's a great shooter. When you get into the flow of the game the shots feel intuitive and satisfying - the upper-flipper to ramp shot is brilliant. Great shot through the pops, I love the time machine and the two spinners on either side. No shot feels particularly cruel. But when you can't pick and hit your shots the game is very dangerous, which is really exactly what I like. Rule's seem fun and a better effort than Led Zeppelin, which I think is partially because this machine is easier to combo so it makes more sense to heavily focus the code on that. Working Man and Fly By Night are fun modes with cool gimmicks.

I really enjoyed the game but I have one concern - it didn't feel very deep. Not to be confused with complex - the rules are very complex, but I felt by my scoreboard worthy game I'd seen the majority of what it had to offer. Modes, callouts and rules were repeated and I wonder beyond the layout how well the game would hold up in a home setting. It also falls foul of my same criticism of Led Zeppelin - the game feels like a pinball machine that plays music, not a pinball machine where you are part of the music. This is something GnR and IMDN do very well, but Led Zep and to some extent Rush struggle with.

I think that as code gets updated the game should get much better, and we may see it in the same realm as Stranger Things - rough on release but a sought after game in time.

I'll also admit I don't really understand the criticism of Rush as too much "Prog" Rock - sure, some of their songs like Tom Sawyer are more out there, but tunes like Working Man or Far Cry are IMO pretty staple Rock. Maybe I just like Rush more than the average person. Either way, it's definitely a game I'd like to revisit once the code is a little more fleshed out.
And you beat me :D
To be fair it was the 2nd game of pinball I've played since Pinfest last year, that's my excuse anyway.

Seemed like a pretty game but wasn't really sure what I was doing and the shots were pretty tight
The theme did nothing for me though, I couldn't name a single Rush song

JP2 is still my go to when presented with a line of modern Sterns (although I quite enjoyed Turtles, my first game on that too)

And you beat me :D
To be fair it was the 2nd game of pinball I've played since Pinfest last year, that's my excuse anyway.

Seemed like a pretty game but wasn't really sure what I was doing and the shots were pretty tight
The theme did nothing for me though, I couldn't name a single Rush song

JP2 is still my go to when presented with a line of modern Sterns (although I quite enjoyed Turtles, my first game on that too)
It was great to meet you and even better to win! With Stern's music pins I really do think you have to actually enjoy the band as it's not a spectacle like GnR.

What was your High Score worthy game?
I played a few games at Electric Circus and got scores up to 150mil, then saw others online posting scores in the billions.😨

I have to say, I'm not a great lover of it all, it seems completely unintuitive as to what you're mean to be shooting and the scoop protector was warped after less than 2 dozen games from new.

For those that do like it, what am I missing?
It was Highscore 1 and I think it was 330 million odd?

That nice Mr. Palmer has today informed me that he needs to lower the balance of my current account, soon to be delivered !! 😃

On the PRO in Tilt I had to remove the 'protector' after 26 games, four of them my games which lasted a shorter time than my first shag.

The hole is routed incorrectly. The side walls should not have the bevel on the top.

Putting the rush premium through its paces tonight with a few friends so I will report back tomorrow so far for me theame is shocking but some of the music is ok it shoots really well and is pretty forgiving for an average player like me

One thing that does make me laugh is that Williams gave us an amazing toy with the clock in 1992 roll on 30 years and stern give us this

Attachments

• 447F0D0F-E0A7-45A0-96EF-2DBBF020EEC8.jpeg
    447F0D0F-E0A7-45A0-96EF-2DBBF020EEC8.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 43
One thing that does make me laugh is that Williams gave us an amazing toy with the clock in 1992 roll on 30 years and stern give us this
I own a TZ and the clock is a running nightmare, as parts for it are ridiculously expensive or not available. The Stern one looks amazing, I just hope it works better then the TZ one.

I'm a Canadian Rush fan. I'm glad that a majority of pinball enthousiasts are not excited by it. I might be able to get a second hand one cheap.

Cheers

Went back to Funland to put some more plays on the Rush there and had a few thoughts about it - first off, this game oozes flow. It's a brilliant shooter. It's also quite forgiving on outlanes which I enjoyed. But I have two major criticisms:

One is that I feel like I've seen all the modes already and I've only played two or so hours. By the last half an hour I didn't find anything new, and that's a slight problem when the modes are relatively similar. Fly By Night and Working Man are the only two modes with interesting hooks I think, with the rest just shoot flashing arrows. However this can be fixed in time with code - Mando was a very average (bordering on poor) game upon release but now it's much more fun. Hoping for the same for Rush.

But the second, and perhaps more damning, is that the game feels like it has nothing new to say. Most games coming out now have some sort of new feature or twist on an old - but Rush feels like I've seen it all before. The through the pops shot is the same on every Borg game. The ball becoming a captive ball is straight from Avatar (other games have probably done it before but I remember Avatar has one). The Time Machine is straight from Austin Powers. It just feels like you've seen the game before, and the code / rules aren't interesting enough to get over that.

Still enjoyed my time on it however, I just think this game might be forgotten to time.

Dear Planet Rock,
Please stop playing Rush, especially 1st thing in the morning.
Can’t go anymore of this screechy disjointed cr4p.
Yours Sincerely
Ant

I own a TZ and the clock is a running nightmare, as parts for it are ridiculously expensive or not available. The Stern one looks amazing, I just hope it works better then the TZ one.

I'm a Canadian Rush fan. I'm glad that a majority of pinball enthousiasts are not excited by it. I might be able to get a second hand one cheap.

Cheers
Picked this up for my collection a few weeks go

Attachments

• 4EC5BC91-BBE4-446E-9FE8-7C8A7C50CA56.jpeg
    4EC5BC91-BBE4-446E-9FE8-7C8A7C50CA56.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 29
While I would like to believe that Rush paraphernalia is worth a lot (well, their guitars might), is it easy to find those gems?

They were pretty big in the rock world at this time in uk , I’ve been collecting discs for thirty years and first one I’ve seen … just remember fair well to kings being in the house as a kid that’s the only reason I got it

They were pretty big in the rock world at this time in uk , I’ve been collecting discs for thirty years and first one I’ve seen … just remember fair well to kings being in the house as a kid that’s the only reason I got it
Do you have a special interest in milestone discs (Gold, Platinum, etc) as a collector?

Back
Top Bottom