What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Rush hype train

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I’m in London in mid February- what line up of pins do they have currently? I haven’t played any SPIKE2 games other than SW Pro

I’m in London in mid February- what line up of pins do they have currently? I haven’t played any SPIKE2 games other than SW Pro
Funland near Russell Square station currently has:

Led Zeppelin (Premium)
Jurassic Park 2 (Premium)
The Beatles (Gold Edition, but does anyone GAF)
Stranger Things (Premium)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Premium)
Godzilla (Pro)
The Mandalorian (Pro)
RUSH (in bubble wrap last time I saw it)

FlipOut has about 50 pinball machines, including Avengers: Infinity Quest (Premium) and Iron Maiden (Premium), but is in Croydon.

There’s also an A:IQ, a Stranger Things (Pro), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I think), and a Deadpool (Pro) at Chief Coffee in Chiswick, and various pins in other places (e.g. Gravity in Wandsworth and BrewDog Shepherd’s Bush).

Meh. Never heard of them. Listened to some of what are supposed to be their greatest songs on never heard any of them either !

Another grand gets you a GNR and let’s face it that looks sooo much better.

I’m surprised stern haven’t started catching up with the whole Cover them in LED thing !

Say what you will for JJP games but they are all more packed than a Stern !
I sniff a "Tring" cd for £3 now I'm showing my age 😏

I sniff a "Tring" cd for £3 now I'm showing my age 😏

🤭🤪

Funland near Russell Square station currently has:

Led Zeppelin (Premium)
Jurassic Park 2 (Premium)
The Beatles (Gold Edition, but does anyone GAF)
Stranger Things (Premium)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Premium)
Godzilla (Pro)
The Mandalorian (Pro)
RUSH (in bubble wrap last time I saw it)

FlipOut has about 50 pinball machines, including Avengers: Infinity Quest (Premium) and Iron Maiden (Premium), but is in Croydon.

There’s also an A:IQ, a Stranger Things (Pro), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I think), and a Deadpool (Pro) at Chief Coffee in Chiswick, and various pins in other places (e.g. Gravity in Wandsworth and BrewDog Shepherd’s Bush).
Excellent thanks

Took my wife to see Six the Musical last night and stayed up in London in a Hotel near Russell Square. Which meant this morning I got to visit the Brunswick centre 😉.

Had a slight panic as I couldn't see the Pinball's as we walked up, but they have now moved all the Pinball Machines to the back.
20220123_115205.jpg
Which ment I got to have my first go on Rush Premium and I have to say I really enjoyed it even though I am not a Rush fan and not keen on the theme. My preconception was that it would be too similar to Iron Maiden, but it's quite different and actually a better layout than Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden is 100% the better theme in my personal opinion, but Rush is probably the better game from my short time with it.
20220123_115223.jpg

Alot of folks comparing this game to iron maiden, from my perspective its 100% different. Shots on Rush much easier.

F099294D-052C-4569-AF5D-D98EA5DB3246.jpeg

I also got to play RUSH Premium today. No resemblance whatsoever to Iron Maiden, in my opinion, although they’re both music pins.

It’s really easy to start up a mode by shooting the Time Machine. It’s actually easier than LoTR because the magnet on LoTR doesn’t always catch the ball. Qualifying shots is also really easy. If you shoot just about any three shots, you qualify an album (mode) and the ramp comes down. As a result, you can just fire the ball around wildly for the first couple of minutes.

The lighting is nice and the graphic design is okay. The callouts seemed to have been recorded by Rush especially for the pin and have a relaxed, chatty feel. The layout feels a pretty standard fan layout TBH except for the shot up through the pop bumpers, which seems to have been borrowed from Keith Elwin (?) (I’m sure it’s probably come from somewhere else too?). The dual scoops weren’t as exciting as I’d hoped and, in general, I was left with a bit of a ‘meh’ reaction. It‘s a good pin, but - unless the advanced code is REALLY REALLY deep and innovative - probably a top 20-30, not a top 5.

I’d definitely recommend it to a Rush fan who wanted a relaxed, easy-to-play design.

I agree on the dual scoops being a bit unexciting. The ball through the pops is classic John Borg.

Neil.

how was the scoop launch Adam?
No noticeable problems - launched comfortably with multiple balls in there.
Only slight niggle is a ball can get hung up on the lip of the lifting ramp/ magnet ring and ball search takes ages.
Other than that and not connected to Internet for stern insider I have found it enjoyable, until this last game which just went on forever!

next release it will go online.

where did the points come from? Spirit of radio?

I don't remember my spirit mode being that great tbh, I had done all but 2 modes but it was literally multiball after multiball, started the majority of them 3 times over, and it didn't seem like I was anywhere near qualifying the last modes, but it's also difficult to say as my vision was rarely on the screen with so many balls on the table so frequently!

There is a known spirit mode exploit in that code (which is still pre-release as no LE's or premium's have shipped yet). Should be new code week after next I'd guess.

Got to play the machine at Brunswick yesterday (had a fairly long first game then an even longer 2nd game using the free credit awarded - got just under 160M on the 2nd game which I'd imagine is a pretty low score considering how accessible the game felt difficulty wise)
I'm not a fan of Rush and so was pleased I couldn't hear the vocals very well - parts of the music I could hear over the other machines (and the annoying air hockey, which is like an ice pick to me ears!...wish that could be moved far away from the pins) sounded good and suited the gameplay though (pleasantly surprised)
I really enjoyed the game; really fun and look forward to playing some more next time I'm at the Brunswick. Really fun shots (shot through the pops was tough at first, but satisfying when made). Who knows if it's still fun after many plays (loved Godzilla on my first game, but have gone right off it since, where'as I didn't enjoy Jurassic Park at first, but now love it despite the theme doing nothing for me)

pinball is a side show for electrocoin.

anyway new code for rush out today Zacaj on twitch streaming it now

Stern have a fix kit coming for the pro’s that will be on the playfield at build time For the LE Premium.
the current cliffy was a quick fix and is causing other issues like balls stuck in it.

Neil.

From what I've seen of this game it looks very fun - much more than I would've expected from a Rush machine! Music's starting to grow on me as well...

Yeah the code is superb - its a complex combination of hitting the right colours and combos together a build on zep. Playing it here at the launch event and most folks have enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom