What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Rush hype train

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I'm not that keen on rock themes, when I saw the reveal video I was hoping for a Hedwig pin 🦉

I own about 250 Rush vinyl records.
I own two guitars played by Alex Lifeson.
Seen them dozens of times.
Not keen on the music after 1986 but hey ho....
My first show at 10 years old.

Saw the video.

I am excited.

Then I think 'Led Zeppelin'.

So now I await photos and videos.

Of course I would like one. But not sure I would put the money into it at the moment.

Borg designed Aerosmith that I love, but I see so much copy/pasting going on with every Stern designers tables.

If one gets sited for a year or so at Pin Heaven - I would buy that one when it gets taken off. But who is going to ask for one to hire? A music bar? I do not see this happening.

No they are sold through like every LE does, Sterns distributor network ensures all their LEs are sold through to them.
Absolutely rubbish they are all sold out it just means all the stern distributor s are forced to take there allocation of le s so looks like electrocoin will have 20 rush in stock to keep the led zeppelin and Beatles company that they can’t sell

Absolutely rubbish they are all sold out it just means all the stern distributor s are forced to take there allocation of le s so looks like electrocoin will have 20 rush in stock to keep the led zeppelin and Beatles company that they can’t sell
Love when they announce sold out I always think the distributor will be taking the hit on a lemon like rush

Understood, but I reckon all the scalpers and Rush fans across the pond have their names on most of the LE’s already with their Distros

I find it very surprising and telling that John Borg is promoting the music of rush real hard on Facebook , basically begging people to give the music a listen . Perhaps they are sensing a wider flop coming from their international audience . I can’t remember elwin saying go watch some Godzilla movies !

I find it very surprising and telling that John Borg is promoting the music of rush real hard on Facebook , basically begging people to give the music a listen . Perhaps they are sensing a wider flop coming from their international audience . I can’t remember elwin saying go watch some Godzilla movies !
Really, I’ll have to check his FB…. I only like 1 track, Tom Sawyer.
Can’t get into the rest to be honest.

Electrocoin still has LZ LEs still in stock?

Edit: must be gone, can’t see them on any site including PH

Last edited:

I heard he was a big fan already, isn't that likely?
Just because Rush aren't massive over here doesn't mean they aren't elsewhere. Iron Maiden are quite niche but that is seen as one of best modern pins?

Electrocoin still has LZ LEs still in stock?

Edit: must be gone, can’t see them on any site including PH
Phil will only show stock he has brought, so those Led Zeps are sat next to all of Electrocoins Beatles.

Like I said above it’s the smart part of Sterns distributor network, they have to take a set allocation of each release to maintain their Stern distributor status.

Which is why every LE sells through to distributors, Stern announce all LEs have sold out because for Stern their end they have and always will as their distributors have to take them.

Phil will only show stock he has brought, so those Led Zeps are sat next to all of Electrocoins Beatles.

Like I said above it’s the smart part of Sterns distributor network, they have to take a set allocation of each release to maintain their Stern distributor status.

Which is why every LE sells through to distributors, Stern announce all LEs have sold out because for Stern their end they have and always will as their distributors have to take them.
I wonder what sort of numbers are allocated to Electrocoin for each release.
Speaking hypothetically: Say Stern release a run of dogs. Are we saying there’s a contract written somewhere they HAVE to take let’s say for example 20 units for every single new release?
That’s a risky business model for UK. You are potentially talking 6 -7 figure sums of stock lying around no one is too keen on snapping up.

I’m surprised that lots of folk on here don’t know who Rush are. I 100% get people thinking they are **** or not knowing their songs but it’s pretty hard not to have come across the name.

Kind of like not knowing who Craig David or Ed Sheran is. I could probably name 20 or so rappers despite loathing that style of music.

I really wouldn’t have stuck them down as an obscure band in the U.K. just an unpopular one.

There again I would struggle to name a single current football player so I guess it’s all about your reference points.

It’s so good reading these threads. As a 60 year old who saw Rush 2 or 3 times in Deeside and Liverpool about 40 years ago, I loved them as a band but only know their stuff from this period. I really liked them, and if the game is good I might well indulge in a NIB (just sold a JP2 so the wedge will not stay too long) 😃. An owl will feature for sure. Some more modern Sterns are hits or misses for me - totally subjective. I just cannot get into TMNT, Deadpool or AIQ for example. My ten penneth is that theme is important but not the be all and end all. However, if an individual loves both theme and the game itself, then that’s what makes it special and the reason why I could never envisage selling my Sopranos. I for one am excited about seeing how the game itself plays and will probably have a little shake with excitement the first time I play it 😂

I’m surprised that lots of folk on here don’t know who Rush are. I 100% get people thinking they are **** or not knowing their songs but it’s pretty hard not to have come across the name.

Kind of like not knowing who Craig David or Ed Sheran is. I could probably name 20 or so rappers despite loathing that style of music.

I really wouldn’t have stuck them down as an obscure band in the U.K. just an unpopular one.

There again I would struggle to name a single current football player so I guess it’s all about your reference points.
I knew the name but couldn't have told you what period (apart from 70's or 80's), or what style of music they played. In my mind they had a female lead singer so not sure who I was thinking of, maybe a glam metal band. I've had a listen to their hits but none of them were recognisable to me. I'm 46 for reference.

Another heavily focused, themed pinball... great :confused:
I would like to see a return to more generic themed pinballs rather than all the film and band tie-ins. I've seen good playfields spoilt by polarising themes.
I get that it is good business for the pinball companies to tap into a one-time-buyer market of people who collect memorabilia for a particular theme. It's pretty useless if you want a machine because you like pinball.
How many pinballs are being sold-on because owners are sick of the theme rather than the game?
How much of the BOM of a potentially good pinball is being eaten by royalties for a theme?

Back
Top Bottom