What's new

All aboard for the Rush hype train

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I think Rush are a lot bigger in the USA and Canada, I know they had success here in the past but still very much a musicians band, unless you were into progressive rock.
I'm only 34 but a lot of my friends from college I still see (who I've got into pinball since!) love Rush, we even covered a Rush song or two at college.

But it's not necessarily about theme right? 😜

Oh and with King Crimson I can only imagine the horror of the Toyah/Robert Fripp Sunday lunches being on the LCD. For those that have seen the videos the nips can never be unseen 😂

Those videos kept me going through lockdown.
I never thought I'd see the ever serious Robert Fripp in those situations, smiling, laughing... And of course you got to see Toyah who seems to be full of life😁 often plenty to look at 😜

They say the picture leaked is a photoshopped one and is false perhaps rush is the code name for bttf ?!!! You heard it here first ! Silverpaolo for president 🤪

They is wrong. Stern updated the picture (which is linked from a webpage) they sent out to black out the side that had the Rush artwork which pretty much confirms it in my view. Still pretty certain BTTF isn't anytime soon.

Next rotation:

Borg -> Rush
Iron Man Rerun.
Ritchie started / Gomez finishing ->
Eddy ->
Elwin ->

Cheers,
Neil.

A
Now don't go getting my hopes up! I'm a rock fan but can't think of a band I hate more. Good luck with your presidential run, we're all counting on you!
Aren’t we all … let’s put it this way who’s rang Phil at ph and said hey stick me down for one of them rush le’s … that’s right people no one 😩😩😩😂🤪

They is wrong. Stern updated the picture (which is linked from a webpage) they sent out to black out the side that had the Rush artwork which pretty much confirms it in my view.

Cheers,
Neil.
You got ya name down for a rush le Neil? Nah neither have we all … come on stern surprise us all !

A

Aren’t we all … let’s put it this way who’s rang Phil at ph and said hey stick me down for one of them rush le’s … that’s right people no one 😩😩😩😂🤪

probably lot of Rush fans will when they announce it and they pick it up. LZ went to a lot of LZ fans. But the UK is a tiny market that stern don't care about.

Sounds like it won't cause a rush to buy. Almost as if they want a low seller to help with the backlog. Sure Bond will go mental if after that.

They is wrong. Stern updated the picture (which is linked from a webpage) they sent out to black out the side that had the Rush artwork which pretty much confirms it in my view. Still pretty certain BTTF isn't anytime soon.

Next rotation:

Borg -> Rush
Iron Man Rerun.
Eddy ->
Elwin ->

Cheers,
Neil.
Of those who do you suspect is on Bond?

I had this on mine, it was excellent.
Have that set up on Visual Pinball - music works really well, although for the most part I can't keep the ball alive long enough to get past a song intro:)
Big fan of TOOL, but apart from having some great animations from the music vids to use on the LCD screen* and likely some amazing Alex Grey artwork, I'm not sure how well the band lends itself to a pin them🤔 , but I'll love to see it if done right (likely would never happen mind..)

Not a fan of Rush at all, despite being a musician and appreciating some of the progier stuff out there (I think it's the vocals I can't stand more than anything else)
I'm not sure why they Stern haven't brought out say a Foo Fighters pin, as they are probably one of the biggest rock bands out there at the mo'? (I like some of their stuff, but overall not a fan)

I've gone off of Muse in recent years, but a Muse pin could be awesome; great tunes and some great imagery in their back catalogue (off the top of my head the cover for Origin of Symmetry alone with the posts could be something to latch on to to integrate in a pin, then you have of course all the sci-fi kind of imagery/tunes)

A QOTSA pin would also be good (Go with the Flow multi-ball!?) , but that'd never happen.

Pink Floyd would also be a great them, but I'd imagine as with say something like Hendrix, it's difficult getting the rights.

All I ask is that Stern don't bring out a SlipKnot pin (not a fan..)- Collect the band members!..... 10 ball multi-ball! etc, etc....

Last edited:

Next rotation:

Borg -> Rush
Iron Man Rerun.
Eddy ->
Elwin ->

Cheers,
Neil.
Iron Man ……… I thought it was Deadpool ?

I'd rather other prog rock or metal artists like King Crimson who influenced tool, maybe would work but still at a push.
I think Rush's music is varied enough unlike a band like Tool, i know this will be anathema to crazy tool fans 😂

court of the crimson king could be used for great art work on a pin

Well come on who’s ordered one ? I’ve never seen this forum with such little excitement over a new stern pin !

What or who is rush? I know I'm old but not that old
Actually scrap the old part, I listen to Stormzy a Stormzy pin would be fun, black balaclava as the drop targets and a black tracksuit multiball

Back
Top Bottom