What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Goldfinger LE would be the ultimate variation for me.

Stern could "milk" this far above Star Wars or any previous license.

PIN version would be Never Say Never Again - available at Costco 2023
Stern could easily make a Moore era pin, pro,prem,le,sle.

There’s enough for a Dalton pin for the hardcore with only his two movies but a more likely candidate would be a Brosnan era pin, plenty of people now in that age range in pinball who grew up on Brosnan.

A Moore pin would have the potential to be a mech monster, little transforming lotus that hold a ball then sinks under the playfield and pops the ball back up at a helicopter magnet above.

Spiral jump ramp? Magnetic and spinning Rolex, Atlantis base from spy who loved me or scaramangas island base or drax and moon raker base, Moore era had brilliant villain bases.

They're gonna make a Goldfinger super super LE and it's going to be over £30k.. Would you buy it?!? :rofl:

Stern could easily make a Moore era pin, pro,prem,le,sle.

a Dalton pin

Each would most likely be another licence. Can you see Stern forking out for 4 licences? the current era films would be a LOT of money. I could see a goldeneye pin (again) as a lot of people grew up playing the video game and I believe there's still an online competition using it.
They're gonna make a Goldfinger super super LE
Well, obviously. They are hardly likely to leave probably the best film out and I was surprised they went with Thunderball as the LE. It kind of says Goldfinger is waiting in the wings.

Each would most likely be another licence. Can you see Stern forking out for 4 licences? the current era films would be a LOT of money. I could see a goldeneye pin (again) as a lot of people grew up playing the video game and I believe there's still an online competition using it.

Well, obviously. They are hardly likely to leave probably the best film out and I was surprised they went with Thunderball as the LE. It kind of says Goldfinger is waiting in the wings.
Looks like Stern have done some sort of licensing deal for the 60th SLE, it features all Bonds from Connery to Craig.

I could definitely see a Moore era pin, mechs could be great fun, use Atlantis as the main base mech, a step up from the dildo 😂 great villains in the Moore era too, I could see that being a massive success.

Too early to jump into the Craig films they are not retro enough yet, Brosnan era (maybe leave out die another day) could be a good move in a few years though, plus you would have those that need to collect them all jump on the bandwagon, easy money for Stern.

Most definitely a Goldfinger LE coming.

Worth adding,

Gomez said they were able to get all the music and video assets in the IC podcast yesterday morning. Don’t think that will be a limiting issue with either the Gomez or Elwin game. I’m sure approvals were given at same time for both game ideas.
What George did say they limited was the use of Stern created content, licensor wanted authentic 007 assets to be used.

Originally Deith Leisure were sole distributor for data east but passed over to Electricoin with Phantom . Good timing for Electricoin as that was the first commercially successful game.

Also good for me as l picked up the deith showroom samples of secret service and torpedo alley for a couple of 100 each.
you need to be on Mastermind Steve.

Then again I don't have a strong opinion about Marmite either 😉
I had to go back and re-read this. I love marmite and I get people who hate marmite but I can’t trust someone who is on the fence about it.
I had liked and respected you @Gonzo but this is one of the four signs of being a psychopath.

N64 Goldeneye coming to Nintendo Switch online soon too

Best idea for Stern would be to produce a 'Die another day' pin with an invisible Vanquish mech that's in all the formats and charge an additional $1000. Win-Win

Best idea for Stern would be to produce a 'Die another day' pin with an invisible Vanquish mech that's in all the formats and charge an additional $1000. Win-Win
Don’t give them ideas 😂

Yeah I know that. Why doesn't Stern sell directly to dealers here? Too much hassle? How much do Electrocoin add to the cost?

Ah okay that makes sense Jib. So the American distributers are selling way more machines than Phil or HLD etc and so can order bulk directly? Over here Electrocoin take the risk and then end up with a warehouse full of Beatles
Correct I doubt any other company would take on the amount of pins you have to buy
No point in stern selling 30 007 to pinball heaven
5 to hld
3 to liberty games
2 to games room company
When electrocoin will take 100

I had to go back and re-read this. I love marmite and I get people who hate marmite but I can’t trust someone who is on the fence about it.
I had liked and respected you @Gonzo but this is one of the four signs of being a psychopath.

😂😂

I can take it or leave it mate. Not bad on a crumpet with a bit of butter, neither the best nor the worst spread 😉

Just to further you psycho suspicions I've voted for all three political parties in my time too 😂

I do dislike Jackbot though . . . not on the fence about that.

I’m sure we can all understand why the diamond and plat are stuck on the warehouse shelving racks 😃, crazy prices. Waiting for them to be offered at £8k. 😂😂
Yep crazy indeed!!
I saw this one at the Goodwood revival last weekend.
😳😳😳

Attachments

• 6CE0E2E9-2DBF-4A58-9EDF-65D0C8AE9DFE.jpeg
    6CE0E2E9-2DBF-4A58-9EDF-65D0C8AE9DFE.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 6253AA92-914F-4CDD-B2A6-1B9005ABA772.jpeg
    6253AA92-914F-4CDD-B2A6-1B9005ABA772.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 56
I’d like to know how the 60th anniversary editions will be sold, via distributors, direct from stern etc

😂😂

I can take it or leave it mate. Not bad on a crumpet with a bit of butter, neither the best nor the worst spread 😉

Just to further you psycho suspicions I've voted for all three political parties in my time too 😂

I do dislike Jackbot though . . . not on the fence about that.
I had Jackbot for years, couldn't agree more and nobody could brainwash me to change my mind😂

So been round a friends today and spotted this 🤔

Attachments

• EA856835-5AAF-4A03-8377-D84121709CF7.jpeg
    EA856835-5AAF-4A03-8377-D84121709CF7.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom