What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
If this pin is so sh*t, why don’t we just stop talking about it? 🤷‍♂️

Don’t go mental on me, it’s just an observation. I don’t want one either, I want a Ghostbusters.

Just sayin’…… again!

Don’t go mental on me, it’s just an observation. I don’t want one either, I want a Ghostbusters.

Just sayin’…… again!
Gotta go GB premium, in my top 5 of pins I’ve had, looked and sounded stunning, I also didn’t suffer from the drain issues either, and get the dot matrix colour DMD not the lcd, I tried both but the lcd wasn’t a patch on the led version, the colours and animations just popped, absolutely gorgeous

Just sayin’…… again!

Two reasons spring to mind.

Firstly the pin isn't sh1t because you'd have to play it to decide that (as far as I'm aware two people in the UK have played it and they enjoyed it).

Secondly there is no 'ALL' who want to stop talking about it to send a collective protest message. The price of pins has become ridiculous, no doubt about it but don't assume nobody wants this pin.

I want one and I'm getting one. It's made by George Gomez so it's highly unlikely to be awful. I have a suspicion that once the movie clips start interacting with the modes, the balls start flying around those ramps with the Bond music playing it will be enjoyable.

The UK is suffering in many ways, the US has a strong economy on top of the global reserve currency whilst also suffering inflation, they are much better placed to handle it. Therefore, the price increase is not to them what it is to the UK.

The UK is suffering in many ways, the US has a strong economy on top of the global reserve currency whilst also suffering inflation, they are much better placed to handle it. Therefore, the price increase is not to them what it is to the UK.

I wouldn’t be so sure on that in the US, I read there will probably be a huge mortgage defaulting period next year in the US, as people cannot afford the aggressive rate increases and have over leveraged themselves during the US housing price boom.

Let’s not forget these are just expensive toys!

Two reasons spring to mind.

Firstly the pin isn't sh1t because you'd have to play it to decide that (as far as I'm aware two people in the UK have played it and they enjoyed it).

Secondly there is no 'ALL' who want to stop talking about it to send a collective protest message. The price of pins has become ridiculous, no doubt about it but don't assume nobody wants this pin.

I want one and I'm getting one. It's made by George Gomez so it's highly unlikely to be awful. I have a suspicion that once the movie clips start interacting with the modes, the balls start flying around those ramps with the Bond music playing it will be enjoyable.
Exactly.

Thanks for explaining my message to everyone. I didn’t mean to offend you, I was merely trying to point out that we’ve only seen pictures and that people need to stop bashing it before it’s even been played.

Also, an extra £200 on a pro will stop no one buying a Pro. If people want something bad enough, they’ll pay for it regardless.

People in US paying $14,500 for a LE..
$-£ is pretty much 1-1 now so UK paying the same on a LE.

It looks like PRO & Prem have had biggest increase over here..

Exactly.

Thanks for explaining my message to everyone. I didn’t mean to offend you, I was merely trying to point out that we’ve only seen pictures and that people need to stop bashing it before it’s even been played.

Also, an extra £200 on a pro will stop no one buying a Pro. If people want something bad enough, they’ll pay for it regardless.

You certainly didn't offend me Drew 🙂.

I think people are just aligning themselves on whether to purchase or not. The people not buying are explaining why and the rest of us are getting our names on the list. 🤣

I think of it roughly as
$msrp
/£-$ rate
X1.2 for vat
+£500 shipping

Taking £$ at 1.08
Pro $6999 = £8276
Prem $9699 = £11276
LE $12999 = £14943

Prices here suck but you can see why.

Obviously that’s just a rough estimation. I’m not going to pretend I know how Phil or other businesses trade in other currencies. I have no idea how they give prices on machines they don’t have in stock and know won’t be built for 6+ months.

14.5 GBP for an LE
TBH, unsure but I alway thought it was 1-1 regradless over the years irrespective of the FX
Or worse for us ...

There's still shipping costs, import duty and VAT on top of US prices. I thought we used to pay 1 for 1 after those costs, now GBPUSD is so much weaker, I wouldn't be surprised if it costs more in GBP than USD

Massive Bond fan I am, and I'm inline for an LE, but not having price or fulfilment confirmed yet, I am a little apprehensive. It will not be a buy at any cost purchase for me.
Stern better be handing overseas suppliers above typical rates is all I hope for.

My in
I think of it roughly as
$msrp
/£-$ rate
X1.2 for vat
+£500 shipping

Taking £$ at 1.08
Pro $6999 = £8276
Prem $9699 = £11276
LE $12999 = £14943

Prices here suck but you can see why.

Obviously that’s just a rough estimation. I’m not going to pretend I know how Phil or other businesses trade in other currencies. I have no idea how they give prices on machines they don’t have in stock and know won’t be built for 6+ months.
You missed a step, its:-

MSRP
+ Shipping
+ Import Duty (10% I think)
= £x,xxx
+ VAT so £x,xxx x1.2
= UK Cost "to distributor"
+ Distributor needs a profit or we lose a great resource.

This will be worst time in 37yrs to buy from US.

I love it when people say a game is **** and it sells poorly I buy almost every stern regardless then I 2-3 years when people actually play it it’s all of a sudden a great game and the price sky rocket s with little availability look at stranger things now
Look at jjp potc slaughter from the release production not long if you bought one low plays second hand you would have doubled your money now

So Chris does that mean you’ve got a couple of toy stories stashed? 😉

There’s a massive lag from games being released until when people get to play them.

At the moment it’s such a gamble. All you can really buy on is theme. At 7 grand I’d take the gamble and buy an occasional game. At 15k there’s just no way I can justify it.

There’s a massive lag from games being released until when people get to play them.
That’s how I got the GZ Prem so early. There was a Pro in Funland almost as soon as it was released, and I was lucky enough to play that within days of it arriving. It took months after that before there was a consensus it was good.

My in
You missed a step, its:-

MSRP
+ Shipping
+ Import Duty (10% I think)
= £x,xxx
+ VAT so £x,xxx x1.2
= UK Cost "to distributor"
+ Distributor needs a profit or we lose a great resource.

This will be worst time in 37yrs to buy from US.
there is no 10% import duty. just vat on import, which of course the importing company electrocoin will reclaim, however they will then re add vat to their sales price to their customer - who is one of the retailers. who will also markup the price a second time.

Bond is a dream theme and I think it will be outstanding.
Most peeps whether they have the dollars or not just don’t like to feel they are being mugged.

Something I’ve been pondering..
With Elwin tasked with the 60th street level pin.
We know he’s a master but I think he’s got his work cut out.
I mean, everyone will compare it to the mainstream release gameplay + price wise.

I'm going to go play it at @steve brum venue in Jan i think he said, decide then, if i miss out i miss out, but then it's all down to BTTF lol. Money is tied up trying to go to the states for xmas, and the spending money has 20% less spending power han it did when i booked the bloody thing in June this year, and Mickey and his friends don't come cheap.

Back
Top Bottom