What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I think of it roughly as
$msrp
/£-$ rate
X1.2 for vat
+£500 shipping

Taking £$ at 1.08
Pro $6999 = £8276
Prem $9699 = £11276
LE $12999 = £14943

Prices here suck but you can see why.

Obviously that’s just a rough estimation. I’m not going to pretend I know how Phil or other businesses trade in other currencies. I have no idea how they give prices on machines they don’t have in stock and know won’t be built for 6+ months.
You are missing that the us prices are before $400 shipping and state and local gst goods and services tax. Depending on where you live state and local sales taxes in it can be anywhere from 6% to 11% so a typical US buyer will be paying $8,000 for a pro by the time it is delivered. Almost all the difference between pricing between here and US is that we pay 20% vat and they typically pay a much lower 8% sales tax.

Recent change in exchange rates hasn't helped either.

But if BOE increases interest rates by another 0.75% on top of what we have had already we would be similar to US rates and £/$ exchange rate should then strengthen and if we got back to 1.35 theoretically the price of a pro should come back down to £7k.

Downside is that would immediately add another £1,000 a year to the interest on an average size variable rate mortgage or a fixed rate mortgage when next remortgaged.

Something I’ve been pondering..
With Elwin tasked with the 60th street level pin.
We know he’s a master but I think he’s got his work cut out.
I mean, everyone will compare it to the mainstream release gameplay + price wise.
I've no doubt Elwyns game will sell out immediately, it's a just a pitty very few people will get to own one, or even get to play one. Such a waste. Lucky for us Neil is sure to get one so if you play in his comps you'll be in luck. Listening to the Gomez interview on the latest insider podcast it does sound like it's going to be something special.

or add a percentage to cover labour, delivery, marketing and sponsorship costs, storage, and some profit.
Sorry if I come across pedantic but when I hear mark up it shouts money for nothing.
I have no issue in any enterprise making a profit.
You are missing that the us prices are before $400 shipping and state and local gst goods and services tax. Depending on where you live state and local sales taxes in it can be anywhere from 6% to 11% so a typical US buyer will be paying $8,000 for a pro by the time it is delivered. Almost all the difference between pricing between here and US is that we pay 20% vat and they typically pay a much lower 8% sales tax.

But if BOE increases interest rates by another 0.75% on top of what we have had already we would be similar to US rates and £/$ exchange rate should then strengthen and if we got back to 1.35 theoretically the price of a pro should come back down to £7k.

Downside is that would immediately add another £1,000 a year to the interest on an average size variable rate mortgage or a fixed rate mortgage when next remortgaged.
Do stern sell direct to retailers in usa? or do they sell to main distributors who then sell to retailers (like we have in uk?)

I wasn't missing that, I wasn't saying $msrp is how much they pay in the states for a delivered machine, I was showing how using the $msrp you can roughly work out the £msrp and see that it's not just businesses over here hiking prices for no reason. The £cost isn't affected by the US taxes and delivery, just our own.

So do we know when we get to see the game play? I take it Jack Danger will be doing it with others but so far I cant see a date?

^^ date TBC I believe due to finalising license - content etc….
They can’t stream stuff until that’s sorted.
Bit strange as could potentially be pulled.

How much money do Electrocoin wedge on top of the price and how essential is their involvement? Not suggesting for a second anything is going to change but am interested to know

Yeah I know that. Why doesn't Stern sell directly to dealers here? Too much hassle? How much do Electrocoin add to the cost?
I think it's to do with Stern having a minimum order/ having to take a certain number of every title and that being too big a risk for the individual companies here given the size of the market.

I think it's to do with Stern having a minimum order/ having to take a certain number of every title and that being too big a risk for the individual companies here given the size of the market.

Ah okay that makes sense Jib. So the American distributers are selling way more machines than Phil or HLD etc and so can order bulk directly? Over here Electrocoin take the risk and then end up with a warehouse full of Beatles

Ah okay that makes sense Jib. So the American distributers are selling way more machines than Phil or HLD etc and so can order bulk directly? Over here Electrocoin take the risk and then end up with a warehouse full of Beatles
That's what I think but I'm not saying it's a fact!

Originally Deith Leisure were sole distributor for data east but passed over to Electricoin with Phantom . Good timing for Electricoin as that was the first commercially successful game.

Also good for me as l picked up the deith showroom samples of secret service and torpedo alley for a couple of 100 each.

Thats probably the most interesting part, scope for mods is huge, with so much inspiration from the films to draw from.

I think of it roughly as
$msrp
/£-$ rate
X1.2 for vat
+£500 shipping

Taking £$ at 1.08
Pro $6999 = £8276
Prem $9699 = £11276
LE $12999 = £14943

Prices here suck but you can see why.

Obviously that’s just a rough estimation. I’m not going to pretend I know how Phil or other businesses trade in other currencies. I have no idea how they give prices on machines they don’t have in stock and know won’t be built for 6+ months.
Pro - £8200
Prem - £11.5

there is no 10% import duty. just vat on import, which of course the importing company electrocoin will reclaim, however they will then re add vat to their sales price to their customer - who is one of the retailers. who will also markup the price a second time.
Thanks @AlanJ, I hadn't realised this had changed, it's a good benefit.
Do you know if this relates to all US to UK imports or just certain sectors?

You n me both, I'm aiming for an LE, I love the Bond franchise and couldn't miss this. But I am still finding it hard to tell myself it's good value.

I purchased the Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond (one of 250) for not much more than the LE Bond pin will cost. The bike will be by far the superior purchase, but I must have the pin
Now I’ve seen those LE prices and the fact George Gomez himself has all but confirmed they held back on the Goldfinger art assets for another LE/SLE down the road, I’m happy I missed out on the LE this time round.

Huge huge Bond fan but the prices are insane now and if a Goldfinger LE does happen down the road that’s the one I’d want.

Now I’ve seen those LE prices and the fact George Gomez himself has all but confirmed they held back on the Goldfinger art assets for another LE/SLE down the road, I’m happy I missed out on the LE this time round.

Huge huge Bond fan but the prices are insane now and if a Goldfinger LE does happen down the road that’s the one I’d want.
Oh god, did Gomez say that, where was this, it must have slipped past me and yes a goldfinger LE would have an amazing colour scheme wouldn't it.

Perhaps original LE owners and keepers get first dibs for their blind loyalty 🤔

Can we see more of what people are planning in the way of customisations?

Nothing to show yet Phil because I'd need to know the game was a keeper, however . . . .

Re-theme to Gold Finger with mirrored backglass.

Side armour in the shape of the pistol with the flipper button where the trigger is. Alternatively gold plated armour but

Cabinet decals would be predominantly the Aston but also with Bond and a few of the characters sort or offset behind
BOND-CAR-212-Goldfinger.jpg

I'm thinking the basic colour scheme needs to be very subtle Gold, Silver Black & White becaue there's enough colour on the PF.

Ironically the complete opposite of what I told the airbrush artist to do with BM66 when I saw him yesterday.

You gonna wait for an additional price increase ..lol
The Goldfinger poster art has already been shown on current editions.
Can’t see what else they will do except put a long naked gold lady in low res on the side with more movie posters on the opposite side.
With some gold armour and lockdown maybe.

I remember that outstanding Terminator 2 in full chrome and always regretted not buying it. At the time I just couldn't push myself financially. I think it was a @chris b creation.

If Goldfinger could get close, I'd be duty bound to buy it.

You gonna wait for an additional price increase ..lol
The Goldfinger poster art has already been shown on current editions.
Can’t see what else they will do except put a long naked gold lady in low res on the side with more movie posters on the opposite side.
With some gold armour and lockdown maybe.
Words directly out of the mouth of George Gomez, “If the James Bond game sells well, then down the road there may well be some Goldfinger representation.”

To me it can only mean one thing, a Goldfinger LE, there’s no other representation they can give, Goldfinger audio and video is included in the pro/prem/le, Goldfinger representation on the cabinet art right side with film posts on all 3 models, but the release LE very specifically says Thunderball LE on feature matrix, flyer, plaques etc.

It’s pretty certain it’ll happen. They’ll already have the decals designed. The demand is there. Thunderball LE sold out in seconds.

Goldfinger LE would be the ultimate variation for me.

Stern could "milk" this far above Star Wars or any previous license.

PIN version would be Never Say Never Again - available at Costco 2023

Back
Top Bottom