What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
- If the James Bond game sells well, down the road there may be some "Goldfinger representation.

Wait a minute, does this mean we will get a Goldfinger LE down the road, like JJP did with WOZ RR & YBR.

Think the creech model on monster bash bouncing around a bit on a spring under a clear window.
so not mega then ....im looking at the pro and thinking the pro might just be fine is the premium worth extra Im not sure, jet pack bond might slow pace down and get on your wick

can’t see this being a stone cold classic. depends on the code. the playfield layout is just weird
Weird = different and that’s great !
The left loop going up to a ramp is from ST but that was a great shot.
Nice use of 3rd flipper.
With all the films it looks like it may be a deep game, that’s also good.
Lots to shoot at but it’s how it’s coded along with the sound which could make it great.
Cabinet art is crap on all of them, not that worried as don’t really see it.
Translites not great but be plenty of choice if you want to change it.
Rocket looks crap but drop targets and ball lock are sound.
Jet pack doesn’t look good but it says you can drop on 2 targets.
Ejectors seat is nice so is the double right ramp.
Ball save’s look interesting depending on code.
Playfield art not the best but neither was Baywatch but the game was great and I still think Godzilla art, sound and screen footage are awful but look how well that’s rated.
If you like bond then this could be really immersive, but waiting for the gameplay to see how it plays and sounds.

Pics attached

Attachments

• JamesBond-LE-Playfield_LO RES.jpg
    JamesBond-LE-Playfield_LO RES.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 67
  • JamesBond-Premium-Playfield_LO RES.jpg
    JamesBond-Premium-Playfield_LO RES.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 69
  • JamesBond-Pro-Playfield_LO RES.jpg
    JamesBond-Pro-Playfield_LO RES.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 69
Myself personally whilst still waiting for gameplay vid can see this will be a release like aiq where the pro is just fine …. I think the underwater thing on the left is pointless … jet pack bond will prob get old quick and slow things down the ball lock is cool round the cock and balls but is it worth £3k extra? Also even though it’s a yellow canary at lease the pro right away you recognise as bond the premium you need to have a good look to see it’s even bond

for me it's all about what ther music will be like at this point... if it doesn't 'rock' and is just plain retro bond themed soundtrack throughout then pass

I watched FRWL yesterday and some of the music during tense scenes is perfect for pinball. If they use the music right it will be up there Stranger Things for immersion, could be a brilliant world under glass with the assets they have...

Quite like the look of the Pro, looks to be the faster playing machine. Really need to hear the audio and sound effects also though.

Sent this to my mate last week. I was saying I quite like the yellow retro look, and just needed the trim painted and some speaker upgrades.

Bond Pro Mod.jpeg

From Gary Stern:-

A dream come true – pinball based on a fantastic theme with movie history, including 25 films which were released generation after generation. Today we introduce Stern’s latest games, James Bond 007. With Bond movies and licensed products having grossed over $15 Billion worldwide, this movie franchise, the franchise that created the spy genre, reaches its 60th anniversary this year.

Stern EVP/CCO George Gomez took the lead and designed our 3 cornerstone games – James Bond 007 Pro Edition, Premium Edition and Limited Edition. George has based his Bond games on the six genre defining Sean Connery films:

Dr.No

From Russia With Love

Goldfinger

Thunderball

You Only Live Twice

Diamonds Are Forever

An enthusiast Bond fan since early childhood, George has an encyclopedic knowledge of all things Bond. The opportunity to bring to pinball the mechanical action of gadgets created by “Q” and action scenes included in these Bond movies energized his creativity. James Bond 007 is a passion project for George. That passion shows in the games he has created.

I hope you have watched Seth’s and my webinar and our game play videos to see all the memorable action and features straight from James Bond that our games capture. All Cornerstone Editions have, of course, an Aston Martin DB5 ejecting a ball thru its opening roof. A 3 bank drop target protects the custom molded SPECTRE “Bird One” rocket that senses and moves when hit. The underwater Thunderball fight scene is illuminated on the playfield. And much more.

The James Bond 007 Premium Edition adds more action and features. The ball is shot up the “Bird One” rocket gantry to be captured for multiball. The underwater fight scene utilizes molded characters under the playfield. A magnet on a sculpted moving James Bond JetPack captures the ball. The Premium has Dr. No’s Dragon Tank, illuminated and with 2 targets for players to attempt hitting by releasing the ball from the JetPack magnet.

Each movie’s titles, villains, henchmen, SPECTRE weapons and Bond women are symbolized in strings of light up inserts. Progressions through each and through the SPECTRE spellout are visually exhibited to great and novice players.

I could add a detailed list of all the other mechanical devices – 3rd flipper, wire ramps, stainless ramps, up posts, vuks, control gates. It’s better that you watch the videos and play the games.

James Bond 007 play excitement is enhanced with film clips, plus Stern created animation so detailed it has been mistaken for film. Voices from the six movies are carefully integrated into the game. Leading with the iconic John Barry’s Bond theme music from Dr. No, other compositions from each movie are utilized in that movie’s game play sequences and modes. Included are performances by Matt Monro, Nancy Sinatra and Shirley Bassey.

The James Bond 007 games feature art adapted from famous Bond illustrators & designers Frank McCarthy, Robert McGinnis and Ken Adam. The Pro, Premium and Limited Editions each highlight a different movie. The movie’s poster has been adapted for each edition’s backglass. The cabinet right sides, different for each edition, have Bond movie posters from the 5 Connery movies not featured in that game’s backglass. The left side has art themed around the edition’s highlighted movie. The playfield art includes all six of the Connery movies.

The 1,000 James Bond 007 Limited Edition are numbered 001 to 1000. Each has:

High gloss metallic armor and legs

Mirrored backglass

Upgraded audio system

Shaker motor

Non-glare playfield glass

Certificate of authenticity signed by President Seth Davis and me

Designer George Gomez autograph

Sequentially numbered (001 to 1000) plate

And there is more. Keith Elwin has designed a retro inspired James Bond 007 60th Anniversary Limited Edition, capturing all James Bonds and their films. It’s a classic drop target game with 10 drop targets, Oddjob kinetic spinning disc, and many fast flowing spinners. In addition to traditional score reels, an LCD display is mounted in the playfield. This highly collectible limited model will be numbered 001-500. A full reveal will be coming soon.

All James Bond 007 ship Insider Connected™ capable. Utilizing the power of the internet, we will issue special Bond “Assignments” only possible on connected games.

James Bond 007 games will be available in November. We will begin with Pro Editions, followed by Limited Edition games, and then Premium Editions. The 60th Anniversary Limited Edition production will be in December. Information on accessories is coming soon.

We are all aware that inflation has caused parts and labor cost increases. Supply chain difficulties have resulted in additional cost increases. We annually have increased our wholesale sales prices, and new prices will be set for James Bond 007. Our sales reps will be able to give you prices for all games (cornerstone, 60th, studio & home editions) and also for requests of specific Limited Edition numbers.

Prices on prior cornerstone models will increase to the James Bond 007 level on January 1, 2023. A new UMRP, MAP and MSRP list will be sent to USA customers. The list will indicate these prices for James Bond 007 games. For other models it will indicate current prices and the prices at January 1, 2023. For models that are reaching end of life in 2022, the UMRP/MAP/MSRP will not increase on January 1, 2023. Included are Guardians of the Galaxy, Led Zeppelin, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We will accept cancellations, should you so desire

Jack Danger will stream James Bond 007 Premium/LE Editions. For updated information, please check https://facebook.com/sternpinball

They're on the 007 international store.

But the fine print is USA shipping only.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220922-213736.png
    Screenshot_20220922-213736.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 20
Lets hope the gameplay isn't as slow as the Only Live twice film.....(waits for flame to start about it being the best Bond film ever).

Back
Top Bottom