What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Looks like 8200 for pro and 11500 for premium now if that’s the case it’s broke the camels back I’m out on both you’ve got to draw a line you can’t keep getting hit with increases

Looks like 8200 for pro and 11500 for premium now if that’s the case it’s broke the camels back I’m out on both you’ve got to draw a line you can’t keep getting hit with increases
Even on Pinside a lot of people are saying they are out and not buying this nib due to the price.

There has always been the odd post about being price out but I’ve not seen it at such a common rate as I’m seeing it now; almost every third post

Even on Pinside a lot of people are saying they are out and not buying this nib due to the price.

There has always been the odd post about being price out but I’ve not seen it at such a common rate as I’m seeing it now; almost every third post
Real shame pinheads getting priced out of a hobby they love

Broke my back too, this is getting ridiculous ( as if it hasn't been ridiculous for a long time now! ) . I'm not paying £8k+ for a freaking pro! and £11.5 for a premium now? it's going to take a very special machine for me to pay that, and this isn't it.

Broke my back too, this is getting ridiculous ( as if it hasn't been ridiculous for a long time now! ) . I'm not paying £8k+ for a freaking pro! and £11.5 for a premium now? it's going to take a very special machine for me to pay that, and this isn't it.
Well by the time that special machine comes (BTTF I’m looking at you) pros will be 10k+ and premiums will be 16/17k at the rate we are going

Real shame pinheads getting priced out of a hobby they love
Yep sucks balls, but I can’t say I’m unhappy with my existing lineup, will just keep it and enjoy, will add bond because it’s bond and it’s a #1 theme for me along wi the BTTF.

But it will likely be the last nib I get, with BTTF being my only other exception. My other dream themes won’t ever get made especially by Stern.

There will be hardly any pins sold here when we get to that point.
I’m starting to worry we are at that point now mate, like you just said you where interested but your out, pabs above is the same, phils last nib and only cause it’s bond he’s going for it, same for me it’s bond and I’m getting a massive payout from my ex so buying a pin with some of it will royally **** her off = priceless!!

Damn these prices, all down to the noobs 🙄
Now it’s ignorant comments like this that really boil my ****

So what your saying is us noob to the hobby are responsible for increase in raw material costs , increase in energy prices , the Russian Ukraine war , covid and the fact that people don’t want to go back to work so companies oaying more to get new staff , bigger ips being brought on board probably costing a fortune , shipping from the states costing more than its ever done …. All this is down to us noobs and our new money in a hobby that many cry out they want more people in the hobby ?

Really? what an ignorant statement I bet all you good old boys are only wanting £2000 for your Spider-Man and £1000 for demo man ? Oh no that’s right you’ve took advantage on the increased value of your pins that you bought 10 year ago for £500 each

Give ya head a wobble

Yep, and 1 year ago it was 1.40... had it remained at that, the £8.2k pro would be "only" £6.44k. Nothing to do with noobs or Stern's greed - just forex.
Well let’s be fair Stern have been doing what 2-3 price increases a year on average? I’d say Sterns greed certainly hasn’t helped but it’s not the main cause.

Also grown men should not use the words noob or noobs and if anything a larger customer base, results in more sales which should in theory mean there is no need for continual price increases.

Is that really the 60th edition though?
Well let’s be fair Stern have been doing what 2-3 price increases a year on average? I’d say Sterns greed certainly hasn’t helped but it’s not the main cause.

Also grown men should not use the words noob or noobs and if anything a larger customer base, results in more sales which should in theory mean there is no need for continual price increases.

But grown men are absolutely allowed to say 'boobs' right?

it amazes me in a hobby that is meant to be welcoming to new blood, that they are met with such resentment by a portion of the community...

Having more people interested in the hobby can only be a good thing ...more people to sell to means the likes of stern no doubt have a larger bom budget and go after IPS that once they could never dream of bringing to pinball reality.

Is that really the 60th edition though?

But grown men are absolutely allowed to say 'boobs' right?
Few in Pinside posted Elwin said it’s a rough mock-up.

Damn right Boob/s is allowed and encourage 😂

So what your saying is us noob to the hobby are responsible for increase in raw material costs , increase in energy prices , the Russian Ukraine war , covid and the fact that people don’t want to go back to work so companies oaying more to get new staff , bigger ips being brought on board probably costing a fortune , shipping from the states costing more than its ever done …. All this is down to us noobs and our new money in a hobby that many cry out they want more people in the hobby ?

Really? what an ignorant statement I bet all you good old boys are only wanting £2000 for your Spider-Man and £1000 for demo man ? Oh no that’s right you’ve took advantage on the increased value of your pins that you bought 10 year ago for £500 each

Give ya head a wobble
To be fair (and speaking as a n00b), my husband's theory is that part of the price increases are down to a shortage of 'barn finds'.

So, in the past, my understanding is you could pick up an old pin for £200 and there was a huge supply of older pins in barns and lockups. Over time, some enthusiasts built up huge collections of pinball machines, which they - in some cases - kept tombstoned to await restoration, etc.

As 80s nostalgia became a thing and the analogue renaissance happened (some of us spend so long on the computer for work we're desperate to get off the screen in our free time), then the supply of vintage pins began to dwindle. Eventually, there wasn't a huge supply of £500 Twilight Zones sitting in a barn, or someone's garage, or covered in dirt at the back of a cafe somewhere. And, at that point, prices began to rise.

There does seem to be a cohort of people who believe they're entitled to build up collections of 10+ desirable pins and are cross that prices mean it's not possible for even a rich person to do so.

there are always cheap pins about. it’s finding them. “cheap” is a relative term. the cheap price is higher now.

expect to see more pins for sale as people sell to pay their bills. I’ve been offered quite a few games recently. (nothing i want though)

Give ya head a wobble
Lol…. are you from 🇺🇸… did you not see the roll eyes emoji…..lol it’s called sarcasm.
I’m a noob too 😂

I would rather pay 11500 for a stern premium than the same for a tna 2 in fact even more now with the exchange rate and I know which one will hold its value more

Back
Top Bottom