What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
my first pin ever.. do I just get the GZ premium or wait ot see what the bond pins are all about? any opinions..

my first pin ever.. do I just get the GZ premium or wait ot see what the bond pins are all about? any opinions..

Don't think anywhere has stock of GZ prem right now, so may as well wait it out...

I am doing that at least ha!

I can throughly recommend GZ Prem. i have bided my time buying my first Stern LCD game - passing up tempting ones like deadpool, jurassic and then passing on led zep and beatles - two of my fave bands. gz is truly amazing.

Agreed. I’ve had quite a few Stern LCD games - BM66 Prem, JP2 LE, EHOH Prem, Stranger Things Prem and most recently Deadpool Prem - and whilst it’s early days Godzilla Prem really is something a bit special. I’ve def put more games on it over the past couple of days than I normally do with a new machine.

Just a few pinheads chewing the fat, sharing some thoughts in a civilised way, just as Bond would have liked.

Don't think anywhere has stock of GZ prem right now, so may as well wait it out...

I am doing that at least ha!
I have a deposit on one... but thinking bond could possibly turn out better (also not crazy about the GZ theme/art which has been the only thing holding me back).. bond is also meh to me but more suitable for the man cave etc.

I can throughly recommend GZ Prem. i have bided my time buying my first Stern LCD game - passing up tempting ones like deadpool, jurassic and then passing on led zep and beatles - two of my fave bands. gz is truly amazing.
thanks for the feedback!

Agreed. I’ve had quite a few Stern LCD games - BM66 Prem, JP2 LE, EHOH Prem, Stranger Things Prem and most recently Deadpool Prem - and whilst it’s early days Godzilla Prem really is something a bit special. I’ve def put more games on it over the past couple of days than I normally do with a new machine.
any technical issues with it compared to your other games? do you think its a fun game for different types of players of all ages.. not only serious pinheads..?

I have a deposit on one... but thinking bond could possibly turn out better (also not crazy about the GZ theme/art which has been the only thing holding me back).. bond is also meh to me but more suitable for the man cave etc.

GZ is the first machine to knock MM from the top spot on the Pinside Top 100 list for more than a week or two. It’s also designed by Elwin, and really benefits from a very different layout. I think Bond looks like it could be fun, but I really doubt it will turn out better.

any technical issues with it compared to your other games? do you think its a fun game for different types of players of all ages.. not only serious pinheads..?

No problems so far but I’ve only had it for a few days. It’s a huge amount of fun. The theme on its own doesn’t do much for me, but it really works for pinball. I wouldn’t describe it as a serious pinhead machine in the slightest.

I have a deposit on one... but thinking bond could possibly turn out better (also not crazy about the GZ theme/art which has been the only thing holding me back)
So why'd you put a deposit on one? Seriously, any half decent pin makes a good feature in a man cave. GZ will not disappoint and nor will Bond I guess.

I always think the music makes a big difference, I loved Godzillas beat after watching it first time, you can YouTube anything your thinking of for a good trailer, it's a good start without physically playing each one you fancy.

Then read lots of reviews and take a punt, worse case is you sell in 6 months after a good trial and it'll not have lost much in value really.

GZ is the first machine to knock MM from the top spot on the Pinside Top 100 list for more than a week or two. It’s also designed by Elwin, and really benefits from a very different layout. I think Bond looks like it could be fun, but I really doubt it will turn out better.

No problems so far but I’ve only had it for a few days. It’s a huge amount of fun. The theme on its own doesn’t do much for me, but it really works for pinball. I wouldn’t describe it as a serious pinhead machine in the slightest.
I think i'll go for it, thanks!
One more question, when a new stern releases how long usually till the first batch of pro's/premiums arrive in the UK?

So why'd you put a deposit on one? Seriously, any half decent pin makes a good feature in a man cave. GZ will not disappoint and nor will Bond I guess.

I always think the music makes a big difference, I loved Godzillas beat after watching it first time, you can YouTube anything your thinking of for a good trailer, it's a good start without physically playing each one you fancy.

Then read lots of reviews and take a punt, worse case is you sell in 6 months after a good trial and it'll not have lost much in value really.
I actually did play the pro for a few minutes and loved the gameplay but want to be sure on my purchase as I only have room for 1 pin.. I also recognize it's one of the GOATS.. I think I am totally in. Thanks for your reply, very helpful.

I actually did play the pro for a few minutes and loved the gameplay but want to be sure on my purchase as I only have room for 1 pin.. I also recognize it's one of the GOATS.. I think I am totally in. Thanks for your reply, very helpful.
Well if you end up not liking GZ you will have no problems selling it, probably for more than you paid for it

Personally I hate the theme, I've played it a fair few times and just can't get into it. But I'm in the minority and I can see that it's great, I just personally don't like it.

It's a sensible nib purchase it's a win win either way, hate no problem selling, love it buy @stumblor great Tokyo sign mod! 😀

I think i'll go for it, thanks!
One more question, when a new stern releases how long usually till the first batch of pro's/premiums arrive in the UK?

Pros and LEs land first. Prob around six to eight weeks after the official reveal? First batch of premiums probably another couple of months after that first batch.

You may only have room for one; that doesn’t mean that the one you get is the one you’ll always have. You can always trade it down the line, or sell and buy another. Don’t worry too much, as long as you buy a popular machine then you’ll have no problems switching it out for something else when you fancy a change.

If you’re anywhere near the South Coast you’re welcome to drop in for a few games of GZ Prem whilst you’re waiting for yours. Hell of a game to get for your first one though.

Pros and LEs land first. Prob around six to eight weeks after the official reveal? First batch of premiums probably another couple of months after that first batch.

You may only have room for one; that doesn’t mean that the one you get is the one you’ll always have. You can always trade it down the line, or sell and buy another. Don’t worry too much, as long as you buy a popular machine then you’ll have no problems switching it out for something else when you fancy a change.

If you’re anywhere near the South Coast you’re welcome to drop in for a few games of GZ Prem whilst you’re waiting for yours. Hell of a game to get for your first one though.
Thanks man, appreciate! btw looking at your avatar big lebowski is probably my dream theme... too bad it's so hard to get and I heard not the best pin maker.

I’ve seen and played GZ premium.
I think Elwin is a brilliant designer.
The artwork, retro video and sound do nothing for me whatsoever and at that kind of money I need at least 1 of those 3 plus the gameplay and code to be excellent so I passed and no regrets.
Same with Batman66, no doubt a fun game, and does a great job of recreating that era of Batman like Godzilla does with the early Japanese godzilla but they don’t do anything for me at all.
Bond artwork is awful.
Playfield layout looks interesting enough for me to want to see how it plays.
I hope the ramps aren’t the usual clunky brickfests that Gomez is known for and that even if the video content isn’t great, that at least they nail the sound and music and not have some southern softie or worse, American Scottish impersonator doing Connery call-outs or similar, especially when we could simply use Neil !
And finally the code, needs to be fun but deep enough to keep you entertained.
Time will tell, but that’s my letterbox view on it and I’ve owned enough games and lost enough money to warrant an informed opinion.

I’ve seen and played GZ premium.
I think Elwin is a brilliant designer.
The artwork, retro video and sound do nothing for me whatsoever and at that kind of money I need at least 1 of those 3 plus the gameplay and code to be excellent so I passed and no regrets.
Same with Batman66, no doubt a fun game, and does a great job of recreating that era of Batman like Godzilla does with the early Japanese godzilla but they don’t do anything for me at all.
Bond artwork is awful.
Playfield layout looks interesting enough for me to want to see how it plays.
I hope the ramps aren’t the usual clunky brickfests that Gomez is known for and that even if the video content isn’t great, that at least they nail the sound and music and not have some southern softie or worse, American Scottish impersonator doing Connery call-outs or similar, especially when we could simply use Neil !
And finally the code, needs to be fun but deep enough to keep you entertained.
Time will tell, but that’s my letterbox view on it and I’ve owned enough games and lost enough money to warrant an informed opinion.
fair enough... star wars premium?

fair enough... star wars premium?
Would have loved a decent Star Wars pin, a grail title same as bond.
I wanted to buy a premium, the hyper rail was very nice but the playfield was so bare and the code is multiplier based and put me off.
I’m not the greatest player but I’ve beat a few mode based tables in my time, but when the best of the best struggle to get anywhere I have to acknowledge that I’m not going to get much progress out of it.
I like difficulty where it kicks your **** in a way that makes you want to play again, and deep enough to keep you entertained without feeling that you’ll never see everything the table has to offer, which was the hobbits flaw but I miss it.
Punishing tables that have that addictive quality are whirlwind - one of my top 3 games, Tron, TWD, brutal but fair and they make you improve.
And unfortunately, especially now, I have to think about how easy it will be to move a table on as I can no longer afford to have 6 or 7 tables, in fact, with premiums now 11k, I have just the one,

Thanks man, appreciate! btw looking at your avatar big lebowski is probably my dream theme... too bad it's so hard to get and I heard not the best pin maker.
its true back in 2016 when it came out there were a lot of issues. I bought one this year and it’s built like a tank. They fixed many issues. It’s just an amazing pin on every level. The only thing about it is…. They STILL haven’t finished tge vide and git the wizard mode in lol.

its true back in 2016 when it came out there were a lot of issues. I bought one this year and it’s built like a tank. They fixed many issues. It’s just an amazing pin on every level. The only thing about it is…. They STILL haven’t finished tge vide and git the wizard mode in lol.

What Code are you running on TBL @LondonBase

What crazy times we live in...

Queen is dead...

I'm unbanned before Neil

And Bond was leaked... Fair play to @Big Phil and @Gonzo for having the balls to hold their hands up and taking it on the chin! Not many people would do that!

Bond LE will be appearing at Tilt hopefully in November
Welcome back!
Thanks for doing that flipped to death t-shirt for my daughter, nice surprise as the old one was worn to death😂👍

Back
Top Bottom