What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I’m joking. Genuinely.

If this isn’t a PR scoop by Stern (and, if it isn’t, they need to get a new PR*), then I think they were seriously naive and it doesn’t matter who leaked it - someone was always going to…

*I have B2B, consumer, national and local newspaper experience and are currently looking for a broader roster of US clients. I play pinball. I charge reasonable commercial rates and live, post-Brexit, in a low(er)-income country. George Gomez, get in touch.
Whether you think you're joking or not, it is just stirring the pot.

There are certain individuals that feel the need to post constantly, whether they have anything to say or not - are you somehow getting paid per post?

One things for sure, Stern loves money, if leaks cost them sales they would sure as hell make sure they didn't happen.

Its only because of legends like Phil doing his thing ooop north and Kris spending free time making his podcast, promoting the hobby that there's even an audience waiting on the next new release, Stern existing as a company or new pinball at all.

From an outside point of view, this is just enthusiastic people wanting so share that with other like minded folk and nobody should be feeling bad about any of this.

One things for sure, Stern loves money, if leaks cost them sales they would sure as hell make sure they didn't happen.

Its only because of legends like Phil doing his thing ooop north and Kris spending free time making his podcast, promoting the hobby that there's even an audience waiting on the next new release, Stern existing as a company or new pinball at all.

From an outside point of view, this is just enthusiastic people wanting so share that with other like minded folk and nobody should be feeling bad about any of this.

Here here - exactly how I feel about it too.

I just hope this experience doesn't put either of these great people off the hobby. They're too valuable to us!

Well, what a few days! Didn’t quite turn out how I expected but it’s been an eye opener. I learned some valuable lessons and I certainly wont be making the same mistakes again.

I know what the next Stern pin is going to be after Bond already but I wont be giving even the slightest clue about it….

2F8693F9-850A-44B3-AD98-D72DBD9A625B.jpeg

It's been an interesting few days. I see your point about any future leaks. You yell Led Zeppelin, everybody says, "Huh? What?" You yell James Bond Pin, we've got a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July

Well, what a few days! Didn’t quite turn out how I expected but it’s been an eye opener. I learned some valuable lessons and I certainly wont be making the same mistakes again.

I know what the next Stern pin is going to be after Bond already but I wont be giving even the slightest clue about it….

View attachment 180952

Post of the year nominee

It’s on my visit list r next year too. Have a wedding in Phily. Think it’s about 100 mikes from there 👍🏻 Tgerescanother pkace too isn’t there? That laundry.
The famous Laundromat place was closed when I was there unfortunately, but there are other places with pins. I can't remember the name of it (I'll see if I can find out the name), but we ended up in place not too far from Dumbo which was a place with arcades and a good line up of pins.
As @Kaneda is on here now, maybe he can recommend some places?

By the way @Kaneda , whilst I wouldn't go as far to say I'm a fan, I used to listen to your pod and get some enjoyment out of them before it went behind a paywall and this morning I noticed you'd put up a free pod re; the TNA re-release. Pretty much agreed with everything you said on that occasion.
Is my assumption correct that the Kaneda we hear on the pod is basically a persona created to get attention? (the sometimes unnecessary ranting and douche bag like behavior of buying LE's to flip right away*, talking about yourself in the third person etc)

*you speak passionately about the behavior of pinheads overpaying for pins and blindly paying Stern's increasingly higher prices, however surely you know buying brand new scarce machines to flip straight away at grossly inflated prices is contributing to pushing up prices for everyone?

Last edited:

View attachment 180952

Can you send me some pictures please?

The famous Laundromat place was closed when I was there unfortunately, but there are other places with pins. I can't remember the name of it (I'll see if I can find out the name), but we ended up in place not too far from Dumbo which was a place with arcades and a good line up of pins.
As @Kaneda is on here now, maybe he can recommend some places?

By the way @Kaneda , whilst I wouldn't go as far to say I'm a fan, I used to listen to your pod and get some enjoyment out of them before it went behind a paywall and this morning I noticed you'd put up a free pod re; the TNA re-release. Pretty much agreed with everything you said on that occasion.
Is my assumption correct that the Kaneda we hear on the pod is basically a persona created to get attention? (the sometimes unnecessary ranting and douche bag like behavior of buying LE's to flip right away*, talking about yourself in the third person etc)

*you speak passionately about the behavior of pinheads overpaying for pins and blindly paying Stern's increasingly higher prices, however surely you know buying brand new scarce machines to flip straight away at grossly inflated prices is contributing to pushing up prices for everyone?
I'm not sure Kaneda is a persona, what you hear is just Kaneda LOL he is who he is, you either hate him or love him.

Well after the various dramas of the past few weeks we have to ask the question - are all James Bond threads cursed?

I am without doubt having a Bond, I always was to be fair, but the toys on this look good and hoping jet pack Bond is magnetic and taking the ball somewhere interesting with skill drop, it must be.
Glad I saw the artwork as it did take me a while for it to grow on me, but now I've come accustomed to it, it's my belief that this just represents the early years.
In fact I'm hoping it's a smash hit and that Stern includes Little Nelly toy on the LE's

I'm a bit disappointed too. I was hoping for Pussy Galore or failing that, Xenia Onatopp.

Back
Top Bottom