What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Fantastic update!

V0.90.0 - January, 27th, 2022
=============================
- Coin Switch - updated coin switch debounce timing when coins are inserted rapidly
- Skill Shot - added new skill shot type for plunging directly to the Pop Bumper
- Skill Shot - separated boost scoring between Secret and Normal Skill Shots
- Skill Shot - shot directly to the Skill Shot insert or Pop Bumper doesn't boost
- Skill Shot - Mecha Lane Skill Shots boost 250K
- Skill Shot - Secret Skill Shots boost 2M
- Skill Shot - removed 1M boost for all Skill Shots
- Skill Shot - fixed Super Secret Skill Shot ball saver from running out because ball is sitting in scoop waiting for the displays
- Planet X - added this new wizard mode available at the City Select when you play all of the Tier2 Battles
- Hedorah / Smog Monster Frenzy - added this new mode available at the Mystery award when you collect 2 Secret Combos
- Rage Combo - added a 5-way combo that starts when the Left Inlane insert is lit
- Rage Combo - shot sequence: Right Ramp -> Left Ramp -> Center Spinner -> Loop -> Tail Whip
- Rage Combo - 3M starting value and multiplies for each successful shot
- Rage Combo - +1M to starting value each subsequent start
- Rage Combo - complete 3 of 5 combos to Light Ally
- Rage Combo - complete 5 of 5 shots for 20M bonus on top of current value + Destruction Jackpot X
- City Combos - added combo info text to the award so you know what combination of shots was used to achieve it
- City Combos - added combo shot instructions to the Instant Info screen
- Secret Combos - added 10 secret combos
- Imposter Battle - up to 4 awards available when dropping the ball from a Magna Grab into left lane
- Imposter Battle - Award 1 - 15M + Light Ally
- Imposter Battle - Award 2 - 20M + Annihilation Bonus boosted +1%
- Imposter Battle - Award 3 - 30M + Destruction Jackpot X
- Imposter Battle - Award 4 - 250M
- City Carnage Bonus - added this new countup after leaving a City, bonus points are given for accumulated Annihilation bonuses for Powerlines, Tanks, and Bridge
- City Carnage Bonus - 1X multiplier is added for each running Annihilation Bonus that hasn't drained out yet
- City Carnage Bonus - an additional 1X multiplier is added for completing all the Objectives in a city before leaving
- Earth Bonus - added this new countup after leaving the final City, after this award the game will proceed to Planet X Multiball
- Godzilla Controls Perks - added Perks for Godzilla controlling specific cities as well as controlling a number of cities
- Godzilla Controls Perks - each city Godzilla controls gives a permanent +1 Bonus X
- Godzilla Controls Perks - 1st city controlled - 5M and +3 Godzilla Powerup
- Godzilla Controls Perks - 2nd city controlled - 10M and Extra Ball
- Godzilla Controls Perks - 3rd city controlled - 20M and Heat Ray speedup
- Godzilla Controls Perks - 4th city controlled - 40M and +15M Destruction Jackpot base value
- Godzilla Controls Perks - Tokyo controlled - Annihilation Bonus boosted +1%
- Godzilla Controls Perks - New York controlled - +2M Saucer base value
- Godzilla Controls Perks - Paris controlled - +500K Loop value
- Godzilla Controls Perks - London controlled - +4M Destruction Jackpot base value
- Building Locks - locking a ball in the Building now re-lights Skill Shots
- Destruction Jackpot - added countdown speech
- Destruction Jackpot - added a Destruction Jackpot Builds display effect that shows when the multiplier is incremented
- Destruction Jackpot - now permanently boosts Annihilation Bonuses by 1% when collected
- Destruction Jackpot - improved lightshow and sound effects
- Annihilation Bonus - Powerlines adjusted down to starting percent of 2%
- Annihilation Bonus - Tanks adjusted down to starting percent of 2%
- Annihilation Bonus - Bridge adjusted down to starting percent of 4%
- Annihilation Bonus - now available for Tanks and Bridge during a multiball, was previously not the case
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah - fixed an issue with the final award display not showing the correct value for the time bonus
- Mechagodzilla Multiball - fixed an issue with the ball saver where it was not consistently saving the ball
- Tank Attack Multiball - base jackpot now carries over from multiball to multiball
- Jet Fighter Attack - added Destruction Jackpot +1X award at 15 Jets destroyed instead of Godzilla Powerup +3
- Loops - lower Destruction Jackpot awards to 25 and 65 loops
- Loops - fixed an issue where Consecutive Loop Champion would not always be updated on multiplayer games
- Super Train - fixed an issue where Super Train Jackpot Champion would not always be updated on multiplayer games
- Rampage - shot count will hold over if Extra Ball was not earned
- Heat Ray - now enters a "cooldown" state when finishing a Super Spinner in Tier 2 Battles or Multiballs, once the mode ends the Heat Ray can be built up again
- Super Spinner - added 25M max spin value / 50M if playfield 2X is running
- All Tier 1 Battle Modes - if a Battle is not completed on the first try, the time remaining per second bonus is lowered from 500K to 50K
- All Tier 1 Battle Modes - final shot now totals up the the finishing bonus formula for seconds left in the mode
- Godzilla vs. Megalon - balanced scoring
- Godzilla vs. Megalon - improved shot grace handling
- Godzilla vs. Megalon - shot timer will now pause when game events hold up the ball
- Godzilla vs. Ghidorah and Gigan - fixed an issue with the final award display not showing the correct value for the time bonus
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah - scoop shot now only collects at 1X jackpot value
- Mystery - fixed an issue where Mystery would award Light Battle when it was not allowed in the current city
- Shoot Again - can now be interrupted by Skill Shot displays when awarded
- Tilt - added a Minilla Tilt / Danger theme in addition to the Gigan / Megalon that already exists
- Callouts - adding many more callouts to the game
- Sound Effects - adding many more sound effect to the game
- Light Shows - adding many more light shows to the game
- DJ Mixer - fixed an issue where attract mode would say the game was set to DJ MIXER mode which is not a valid default game mode.

- Adjustment Changes:
- added "HEDORAH SWITCH HITS" default:100 min:50 max:150 - controls how often Hedorah Jackpot is lit
- added "PLANET X MB BALL SAVE TIMER"
- changed "BRIDGE ANNIHILATION SCORING PCT" default from 8 to 4
- changed "POWERLINE ANNIHILATION SCORING PCT" default from 3 to 2
- changed "TANK ANNIHILATION SCORING PCT" default changed from 3 to 2

- System - Updated to V3.04.0 on OS: V2.6.0

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.83.0

- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with
Verified Location if the machine is registered to a pro account.

I’ve not updated the code from out-the-box and I 100% need to. I’m going to do it this weekend :oops:

That said, we are having enormous fun with the version 0.8 code. I expected to find the music and callouts annoying, but worth enduring for the excellent gameplay. But I’m loving the “English upper-class villain accents done by Californians” Xilien callouts. It’s such a temptation to shout “F**k you, Xiliens” whenever they come on.

Didn’t work at all even in test I wound it down manually to the bottom switch then it worked correctly so all up and running again just seemed strange

Mine made an ugly screech noise when it did the code update.

Has anyone done anything about the bridge hitting the plastic below it? It's only a matter of time before it breaks it. I've just fitted a little silicon stick on bumper thing on top of the plastic for now. How stern didn't think it was an issue is beyond me. Maybe a longer coil stop or plunger to restrict it's travel would do it.

Has anyone done anything about the bridge hitting the plastic below it? It's only a matter of time before it breaks it. I've just fitted a little silicon stick on bumper thing on top of the plastic for now. How stern didn't think it was an issue is beyond me. Maybe a longer coil stop or plunger to restrict it's travel would do it.
There has been broken plastics there on FB & pinside

mine has been ok so far and the ones at Tilt are ok and that game must get a hammering...

someone posted a fix on pinside using washers stuck to the end of the plunger to reduce travel. bit of trial and error for how many otherwise the bridge wouldnt open enough to allow the ball to drop.

was just going to use the silicone pads, at least to start with.

quite a few reports of the plastics cracking so day 1 fix.

I contacted STERN about the bridge plastics.
Gave them my Serial Number and 💥
They got back to me and are sending the fix kit for it when it’s done.

My plastic under bridge not broken yet, but edges of the bridge are showing signs of fracture

Last edited:
I contacted STERN about the bridge plastics.
Have them my Serial Number and 💥
They got back to me and are sending the fix kit for it when it’s done.

My plastic under bridge not broken yet, but edges of the bridge are showing signs of fracture
The plastics on the side of the bridge? there's a little slack in the screw holes on those so if you slacken the screws you can move them apart a little to hopefully stop them hitting each other.

Anyone else keep getting ball stuck on the wireform to the right inline? Balls bounce back and stick in the little divots where the spot welder has applied too much pressure. Ball not exactly stuck, a little bump of the machine frees it. Removed wireform, filed the rough edges of the little divots and refitted.IMG_20220201_120450.jpgIMG_20220201_120511.jpg

Love playing this game with the Japanese language option selected, anyone else or just me?

Being able to understand both options I can confirm that there is no advantage or disadvantage to knowing what is being said, I am equally bad with either language.

Go for whichever floats your boat!

Just works really well with the theme for me, adds a lot to the atmosphere of the game.

Back
Top Bottom