What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Woop! new machine in the fledgling collection!
First NIB, almost feels a shame to run a ball over the lovely glossy playfield.

Space for 1 or maybe 2 more then out of room without getting silly and putting pins all over the house. might be time for a pin shed after that :)

Only had time for a brief play but can tell im gonna love this game!

One of the lights on the apron is out that lights the left flipper (will check connections when get a min) but other than that, all seems to be working.
Turned through power stright down to 160 so it dosent hammer it and added little clear pads under the bridge already just incase.

Got wifi connected but wont seem to update code to .90, keeps saying 0.80 is up to date.

Did see a post somewhere saying need to fully complete insider registration. Have fumbled my way through it but dosent seem to be registering my playtime etc on godzilla.
QR reader seems to be working as its lit and is making a bing sound when it reads the QR code off the phone.

Im obviously being dumb but any ideas what i might be missing? as wont see new code update and isnt logging my score etc on insider.

Attachments

• 20220201_201705.jpg
    20220201_201705.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Woop! new machine in the fledgling collection!
First NIB, almost feels a shame to run a ball over the lovely glossy playfield.

Space for 1 or maybe 2 more then out of room without getting silly and putting pins all over the house. might be time for a pin shed after that :)

Only had time for a brief play but can tell im gonna love this game!

One of the lights on the apron is out that lights the left flipper (will check connections when get a min) but other than that, all seems to be working.
Turned through power stright down to 160 so it dosent hammer it and added little clear pads under the bridge already just incase.

Got wifi connected but wont seem to update code to .90, keeps saying 0.80 is up to date.

Did see a post somewhere saying need to fully complete insider registration. Have fumbled my way through it but dosent seem to be registering my playtime etc on godzilla.
QR reader seems to be working as its lit and is making a bing sound when it reads the QR code off the phone.

Im obviously being dump but any ideas what i might be missing? as wont see new code update and isnt logging my score etc on insider.
Have you gone into the app and completed registration? That held me up briefly.

yes i think so, theres no separate app for mobile right? am accessing insider through web page on the phone (android). Seem to be logged in through that and on desktop.

how long did the 0.90 code update take people.. mine took 1.5hrs! I think it is because WiFi is weak through network booster to games room.

I believe You have to register your game with Stern on website. That will allow code updates.
yep that was it!, hadn't registered the game. not the clearest process is it but all good now thanks guys.

look forward to getting the shaker motor and side blades on at the weekend.

the black armors totally not doing it for me so it will be going off to powder coaters soon for sure,

the airbrushed rivet idea on pinside looked great but after seeing it on a machine in recent photos there, it turned out to be a bit of a let down really.

looks to "busy" and dosent really work IMHO, just messy.

Will be sticking with a uniform steel colour i think.

Has anyone done anything about the bridge hitting the plastic below it? It's only a matter of time before it breaks it. I've just fitted a little silicon stick on bumper thing on top of the plastic for now. How stern didn't think it was an issue is beyond me. Maybe a longer coil stop or plunger to restrict it's travel would do it.
I’m making a replacement for mine and putting the original in the coin box. You can barely see the graphic in it anyways.
I’ll post when it’s done.

From setup last week had the left apron LED out that lights the left flipper. Thought the board must be faulty.

decided to have another look tonight and realized was getting -5v on left and +5 on right LED.
Turns out had been wired with the polarity reversed from the factory!.

Didnt think to look for something like this on a new machine but just goes to show, still worth checking for silly mistakes.

Re-soldered and all working, having the LED out was triggering major OCD so back to enjoying the game now :)

@kevlar

Not sure if your still having issues with the light on your QR reader? but if so the issue on my flipper led got me thinking.

The qr reader has a cat5 plug going to it. Not sure if youve ever wired one of those before but getting a solid connection on all the wires can be a bit of a bugger.

Maybe find where the other end is (hopefully another molex or cat5 plug etc) and run a low voltage down each pin and test its reading on each pin on the QR end.

Im guessing theres a pin for voltage or signal for the light? maybe theres a schematic in the manual to check.

@kevlar

Not sure if your still having issues with the light on your QR reader? but if so the issue on my flipper led got me thinking.

The qr reader has a cat5 plug going to it. Not sure if youve ever wired one of those before but getting a solid connection on all the wires can be a bit of a bugger.

Maybe find where the other end is (hopefully another molex or cat5 plug etc) and run a low voltage down each pin and test its reading on each pin on the QR end.

Im guessing theres a pin for voltage or signal for the light? maybe theres a schematic in the manual to check.
Thanks, it's been tried with multiple Ethernet cables though.

Did you need that Dave or just for show?

got these whilst in the US

Attachments

• 8CFA179C-1C58-4EE4-94F1-1E3E87894277.jpeg
    8CFA179C-1C58-4EE4-94F1-1E3E87894277.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 728B3F46-3C44-4279-AB00-B791C5A660E6.jpeg
    728B3F46-3C44-4279-AB00-B791C5A660E6.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 54
Hmm crap photos but basically the newer fans and magnetic coil fan.

Do you think the magnet needs it Neil? I know earlier code had magnet heat issues but I haven't once had mine overheat.
I've not had any problems with the magnet overheating, but definitely noticing significant flipper fade on left flipper after just 1 game

I've not had any problems with the magnet overheating, but definitely noticing significant flipper fade on left flipper after just 1 game
have seen several people on pinside mention poor quality coil stops on newer sterns, and recommending changing them out.

Not noticing any issues yet with factory power settings.

Is this is a thing? if so what would be the recommended ones?

Yes this is a thing - you’ll see gold dust on the coin box Get replacements from Phil or pin parts And swap them when you see the dust.

ref magnet no idea I ordered it given the reports at the time. Will report back. The game benefits from flipper fan for sure.

have seen several people on pinside mention poor quality coil stops on newer sterns, and recommending changing them out.

Not noticing any issues yet with factory power settings.

Is this is a thing? if so what would be the recommended ones?
It's not the coil stops - in fact I've still got spare ones from when I bought JP. Didn't need to replace them on that or AIQ. (IMdn needed changing after a couple of weeks).

It's a predictable and noticeable lack of power, no sloppiness in flippers.

Yeah there are two issues:

1: Coils get hot and the flipper gets weaker (buy pinmonk fans)
2: Flipper stops working well at all - coil stop failure - replace coil stops. Agree with Wayne that this seems rarer than what folks say. My GZ Pro required new coil stops within 1000 plays. JP2 LE needed it at roughly the same number of games (but a widely different work load). I'd say its worth having a couple as a spare given they are cheap to buy.

Neil.

Not Godzilla but I added pinmonk fans to my TMNT yesterday and the difference is massive, backhands to the right ramp especially noticeable. Well worth the money in my opinion, only problem with them is, now I have to buy them for JP too!

My only gripe with pinmonk fans (other than the price) is that you can hear them. It bothers me when the machine is sitting there in attract mode...

My only gripe with pinmonk fans (other than the price) is that you can hear them. It bothers me when the machine is sitting there in attract mode...
Yeah you can definitely hear them when not playing but when I'm playing I cant hear them at all and I only turn it on when I'm playing so that's not an issue for me. Probably pretty annoying noise if you have it on while doing something else though or if you have a room of pins and like them all on when you play.

if the noise is an issue can you not make your own.

Use noctua fans instead of cheap ones of ali express (and still save a ton of money in the process). CFM will probably be less though.

Unfortunate trade off; size, cfm, noise.

Back
Top Bottom