What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Thanks @Neil McRae for the instructions on how to set up a new pin!

Not quite an unboxing, but we had a few logistical issues early on with the size of the box -vs- our doorway.

C00DA881-CC56-40FF-ABAD-CBF5B6D9BD0E.jpeg

0C30057C-988E-4078-B1CA-3E2528E270E8.jpeg

73E71704-F512-4A89-8A45-D52F61AA8B11.jpeg

I also had to pop out midway through because our adjustable spanner had gone missing. Fortunately, our local ToolStation was open until 8pm.

7027A82D-CCE7-449D-9AAB-84A9725C2E66.jpeg

A01E1517-F5A7-451A-A076-6EB22494A705.jpeg

We checked under the playfield as per Neil’s instructions.
D46D7407-7196-442D-88F5-AE6008334A48.jpeg

022F3B8D-72C0-4F68-BA0F-E75DB72FC342.jpeg

Boy, the fan is loud. It sounds like a jet fighter taking off - even when the pin is in attract mode!

929FF76D-98D2-445D-993C-98AFE5277F90.jpeg

Not quite an unboxing, but we had a few logistical issues early on with the size of the box -vs- our doorway.

View attachment 158719

View attachment 158720

View attachment 158721

I also had to pop out midway through because our adjustable spanner had gone missing. Fortunately, our local ToolStation was open until 7:30pm.

View attachment 158722

View attachment 158723

View attachment 158724

View attachment 158725

Boy, the fan is loud. It sounds like a jet fighter taking off - even when the pin is in attract mode!

View attachment 158728
Congratulations

nothing like a new in box pin- enjoy - watch out next week for a big code drop. Which you can see some of on my stream from tonight.

View attachment 158719

View attachment 158720

View attachment 158721

I also had to pop out midway through because our adjustable spanner had gone missing. Fortunately, our local ToolStation was open until 8pm.

View attachment 158722

View attachment 158723

View attachment 158724

View attachment 158725

View attachment 158728
Enjoy that fresh NIB pinball smell! “Word from this Bird” - congratulations!!

Hope you have an excuse for being late for work tomorrow!
Well, we're both working from home! So, they're actually office pins (which get played during coffee/lunch breaks!)

Weirdly, I'm less excited by receiving GZ than LoTR or Fish Tales. I'd never played a physical full-sized pin before Fish Tales and I purchased LoTR without playing it, based on Pinside reviews and a YouTube video. I've played the GZ Pro at Funland almost every time I've had to take a trip into central London for the last few months, plus I've played the new one at FlipOut. So, it's pretty familiar to me and a testament to the quality of GZ that I wanted to fork out for a home version - I'm obviously over-the-moon that I've now got the opportunity to play whenever I want.

I am very entertained by the Godzilla Building Multiball. As I can barely hear the music on the arcade pins, it's been a really great experience seeing the building drop and getting the Blue Oyster Cult music.

GZ arrived today and setup. Anyone else have a DOA QR reader? mine lights up very briefly during boot then goes off and stays off. I've read others have the same issue on pinside, needs replacing I think.
I... might do. I have seen it flash briefly on boot up.

I haven't used the QR reader yet :oops: We set up the pin last night and haven't had the opportunity to do anything else except set it onto free play.

We'll try to do some 'workshopping/set up' this weekend. I'd happily cover up the QR reader entirely (it's really ugly), but I suspect it will make it harder to update the game.

GZ arrived today and setup. Anyone else have a DOA QR reader? mine lights up very briefly during boot then goes off and stays off. I've read others have the same issue on pinside, needs replacing I think.
Check the cables to it. what code ver is on it?

Updating as we speak. Scanner works but doesn't light up. You may say that's a good thing but for 10k it better all work. Have reseated cables. Let's see if code fixes it but doubtful. Some pinsiders have had theirs replaced.

It only lights up really dim
Only lights mega bright for seconds on boot up
Are you registered with stern insider and have you registered the machine ?

For anyone as underwhelmed by all the "off the shelf" Godzillas people are using to replace the comical one the machine comes with, am just in the process of rigging a wicked model to pose and scale properly to fit the machine, then resin print and paint.
Aiming to make this the best one by far, more to follow.

Attachments

• GZrig1.jpg
    GZrig1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 38
setup the game to be on wifi is worth it for the code updates, especially if you are on slower broadband. Connect to wifi and register the game - when new code becomes available it auto downloads it. you don't have to login to play if you don't want to but the Cheevo's are good fun.

Neil.

Note that the screws on a NIB stern are in the game and can chew up your nice wood floor or if you are from the north your linoleum.
Exactly this, happened when I wrapped my Stranger Things up for leaving as I forgot to put them in the separate box with all the other bits which I'd already sealed up so screwed them back into the Pin.

And I'll have you know it was laminate, not linoleum!

Exactly this, happened when I wrapped my Stranger Things up for leaving as I forgot to put them in the separate box with all the other bits which I'd already sealed up so screwed them back into the Pin.

And I'll have you know it was laminate, not linoleum!
I’m from up north and my floor is sold oak! Albeit leftovers from the SAGE at Gateshead that somehow found its way here as we northerners an enterprising lot 😉

F1C77C2F-85A9-4579-B7B1-E7251C77E676.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom