What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Love the art package. This'll be my first modern game in the lineup so I'm excited to have a bit of newness - it certainly won't look samey to me. Although I never have really understood why they don't pull more artists in. There are *so* many good artists out there who 1. need to the work and 2. could add their own take on how pinball should look. Take the music poster scene for example (of which Yeti is a part of). In recent years, certain bands have been really forthcoming in getting relatively unknown artists to produce what is arguable an archaic way to promote, simply because it's a cool thing to do. And the art is amazing.

Think of what any one of the below would bring to pinball.

1631703408107.png1631703691100.png1631703875207.png1631703894704.png1631703323568.png
Miles TsangLuke MartinDrew MilwardDan MumfordZombie Yeti

Also @huggers calling himself a 'little bit' of a kaiju geek in the running for understatement of the forum 2021. 😂

I'm not getting the angst on the artwork. Its absolutely fantastic! I'm no Godzilla purist but I love it. I think as always seeing it in real times is super important.

Neil.

Love the art package. This'll be my first modern game in the lineup so I'm excited to have a bit of newness - it certainly won't look samey to me. Although I never have really understood why they don't pull more artists in. There are *so* many good artists out there who 1. need to the work and 2. could add their own take on how pinball should look. Take the music poster scene for example (of which Yeti is a part of). In recent years, certain bands have been really forthcoming in getting relatively unknown artists to produce what is arguable an archaic way to promote, simply because it's a cool thing to do. And the art is amazing.

Think of what any one of the below would bring to pinball.

Also @huggers calling himself a 'little bit' of a kaiju geek in the running for understatement of the forum 2021. 😂

I think there is a decent amount of training / learning curve for an artist and given they have some good artists they probably think they don't need the agro of doing anything else.

I don't see the samey point either; especially when Franchi is mentioned who in my view is _very_ samey!

TMNT-LE-Playfield-720x1180.jpg

118762479_10158841538274244_5508298926985137978_o.jpg

Godzilla-Premium-Playfield-scaled.jpg

it's hard to complain really isn't it. They're all pretty great. It's just not the direction I hoped for for this one.

Love the art, meh on the theme but the premium looks amazing!

Some different powder coat mock ups stolen from Facebook

View attachment 147696
Great to see what different colour powder coating would look like. I've tried various paint/photoshop programs to try to do this myself for other machines in past but never got it to work. I'm not that IT literate and quickly lose patience when it's not immediatley obviious how to do something and get very frustrated. Even tutorials on Youtbube don't seem to enable me to do this. If anyone knows which software can EASILY achieve this, would love to hear.

Great to see what different colour powder coating would look like. I've tried various paint/photoshop programs to try to do this myself for other machines in past but never got it to work. I'm not that IT literate and quickly lose patience when it's not immediatley obviious how to do something and get very frustrated. Even tutorials on Youtbube don't seem to enable me to do this. If anyone knows which software can EASILY achieve this, would love to hear.
I think photoshop does it easily, but using photoshop is anything but easy. :hmm:

Have watched a few clips of the pin, Lets be honest it looks awesome, slightly disappointed by the mech's i mean how cool would it be if godzilla moved forward an inch or two before the bridge collapsed ????? the ball magnet thing looks cool on the left , meka godzilla looks abit meh. tho i do like the skyscraper multi ball. overall best new lcd stern but i still dislike lcd sterns . Please stern bring back the dmd!!! nice habi trails and great art. shame about the price increase but seems that's pinball.. also please get rid of all this mobile phone scanning , the last thing i want to do when playing pinball is to upload or compare, it just pinball its analog and that's why i like it ... i dont like fortnight or ps5's i just like banging a ball around

shame they didn't include the grey with it.

folks saying its mando left overs. uhh really? :D

IMG_3952.JPG

Not to under sell the art package as I'm sure it takes Yeti about a year to make it all up and it really is spectacular. But it would be cool if they did an alternative art package. Somewhere between Munsters black and white and Star wars comic. Not a complete re drawing but maybe a more vintage look. Just as an option or something.

The art on the apron is a big step in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom