What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
So many interesting things on the playfield and then you see the naff green plastic monster in the top left.
looking forward to playing it though.

Game great art great music call outs and video absolutely shocking and I can’t understand why they have gone with grey power coat on the le
In on a pro and premium
Looks like they had a pot left over from the Mando LEs 😂

Theme is not for me, but the Premium looks very cool, with some great shots and tech. Alas, no room nor pinball funds left at JAG’s Arcade.

Real collectors piece this. Great for fans of Japanese merch. I’d love one. It’s no Stern fan layout which I like. Nice toys on the Premium/LE. I sort of wish spooky had tried harder to secure this. Great art as usual from the master. Expect LE ‘s to command a premium in the future..

Last edited:
I do quite like the idea of the rotating ramp in front of Mecha Godzilla. Seems like it will be quite the sequence of shots needed to start that multiball.

I also reckon there's going to be some pretty sweet bridge mods coming for the Pro

Godzilla Multiball: Just because you’re defending the world doesn’t mean you can’t hurt some innocent civilians too. Shooting the scoop underneath the center building, as well as the two ramps that cut through the roof of the building, will eventually light the locks at the center scoop (shown by the Damage Meter in front of the building). Once three balls have been locked (virtually on the Pro or physically on the Prem / LE), Godzilla Multiball will start.

Mechagodzilla Multiball: Mechagodzilla was one of Godzilla’s first true villains, and the Xiliens brought it back. Shoot the right spinner enough times to power up Mechagodzilla and bring him online; the rotary target bank in front of him will then spin around to reveal three standup targets, which must each be hit to lower the shield defenses. One last shot to Mechagodzilla itself will begin the Multiball. (On the Pro, this simply requires spinner hits.)

Bridge Attack Multiball: Godzilla would rather break bridges than build new ones. Making enough switch hits will like the Magna-Grab captive ball to attack the bridge and lower the Bridge Integrity. Once the Bridge Integrity reaches 0, the next right ramp shot will start the Multiball.

Tank Attack Multiball: The many tanks designed to defeat Godzilla are continuing to roam across the city, and must be destroyed. Shooting the shots lit with green “TANK” inserts will start the Multiball.

Tesla Strike: Completing the Powerline standup targets scattered across the playfield enough times will light the center spinner for Tesla Strike.

Kaiju Battle: Hitting both ramps enough times will light the scoop to start Kaiju Battle.

Monster Rampage: Shooting the left spinner lane enough times will immediately start Monster Rampage.

Fighter Attack: Rolling over the lit return lanes will light the Fighter Attack missile sequence. Completing all 6 missiles will start Fighter Attack.

Planet X: Start this mini-wizard mode by ridding the four cities of all monsters.

Power-Ups: Completing select tasks throughout the game will light the scoop to score a power-up that impacts the rest of the game. The desired power-up can be selected using the flippers.

King of the Monsters: Final wizard mode, for defeating all the monsters and the invading Xiliens.

If you need to make room, I'm sure Rudy would like to meet his long lost construction destruction enthusiast children.👷😉

Funny you should say that. At school pick-up today I asked Ivy how she would feel if I had to sell Funhouse to make way for Godzilla? Devastated she said, quote unquote.

Future pinball hoarder right there.

The only slight complaint, and it is slight is the art. It's not bad at all but I think in my head when I hear Zombie Yeti X Godzilla the result is a bit more exciting perhaps. It's good but not great imo.

Neil mate no one watches the Raymond Burr version ffs! That's the chopped up edit for the Yanks.

I don't hate it or anything. Just a bit clean looking maybe? Can't put my finger on it and not in any way a deal breaker.

To me the art is way too colourful and busy and too similar to the AIQ art style. Would have preferred fewer colours to be prominent than the mix they've used of red, blue, yellow and green in similar measures. Shame the Pro is misisng as much as it is.

LE price is insane, you would at least expect Godzuki thrown in somewhere for 12k+
Hang mans noose on special just now…..
For those call outs and music 😬

1st chance I’ve had to study the features on all 3 models due to running around all day and work calling a late meeting.
I did however find time to ring Phil and confirm my order with payment in full so as not to miss out.
Although it does say Sold Out I guess this will be through the distributors and they may be available for a while in the UK but I wasn’t gonna take the chance hence the instant buy for me.

So Art seems to be the beef with pinside and a few on here but the fact they reflective Decals on the LE are hard to capture via pics and will only be appreciated in the flesh. Also with differing art packages on each sides is always a win win so I’m stoked.
I will reserve judgment on armour until it’s here but the PF in the pics is mind blowing and typical Yeti style which some maybe tiring of by now but not me.
Fingers crossed the flow is nice and shots easily accesabble by average players Like myself then it will be the total dream package of Elwin/Yeti to take avengers of its mantle.
My thoughts on pro are also mostly positive as wire ramps and drop targets go a long way in my book unlike the travesty of the ramps on Mando. I also love the fact they gave everyone an unpredictable pop bumper in the vain of R&M but probably a little less brutal being further away.
Stern have definitely knocked it out of the park with this one and it looks the best reveal ever from them to date.

A great view of just how packed this game is. Puts me in mind of how good the world under glass was of GBLE at release.

974712E1-3830-4ED7-BFBA-DF568F488CC0.jpeg

also shows how much nice the prem/LE apron is compared to the pro.

I've slept on it. I don't like the art. It isn't Godzilla. It's the Simpsons make up gun approach to colouring. It worked brilliantly for Turtles and AIQ but it's not very Godzilla to me. And I say this as a little bit of a Kaiju geek.

IKMF.gif

That aside. I feel like you need to go Premium on this if at all possible. The building collapse to start multiball and the bridge are superb. I would only ever go Pro but compared to the other Elwin games I feel like it might be much easier to justify the premium cost.

I've slept on it. I don't like the art. It isn't Godzilla. It's the Simpsons make up gun approach to colouring. It worked brilliantly for Turtles and AIQ but it's not very Godzilla to me. And I say this as a little bit of a Kaiju geek.
It’s been mentioned on an Ultraman thread that’s the arts not on point, cucumberzilla!
Premium looks great, can’t wait to play it.
1631695944205.png

I'm also not loving the art. It's good but too rainbow-y and vivid imo. LE cab art is rather nice. Pro and prem cab a bit same-y.

I like the way the 4 orbits feed into each other - reminds me of imdn. Looking forward to seeing how it plays.

The moving building looks really great and is imo the only strong reason to get the prem/le. The bridge is ok, but the spinner turntable is just meh - I'd rather have the pro's layout there.

The apron on the pro looks ghastly.

Nice art is a bonus, can’t be that bothered as I just bought a Gold Wings😂
But I really don’t like the clown colours, too much for me.

I do love the art style of Yeti and Godzilla is no exception and I can’t wait to see the foil decal finish if IM vault was anything to go by.

However I totally agree his pins are getting a bit samey and it’s maybe a good time to get Franchi back on board and the dude that done Mando as he was well on point too.

Back
Top Bottom