What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
When you see the LE’s in the flesh they all look stunning pieces, dare I say worth the money. Maybe Stern could charge a bit more on the LE’s and reduce the price of the pro’s for the lower end collector and op.

In some ways I agree with Kenny that the Prem is the one you would want in your home arcade but £3k is a lot of money which our casual players wont go ga ga over so its a Pro for me. Only premiums I have are Batman 66 and Elvira as that was the entry level and Munsters cos I wanted the black and white one.

Always been a great fan of the theme especially the "campy" early films as Gary Stern put it LOL

with the cash I "save" on the Pro , I could get one of these and put on the roof to promote it

In some ways I agree with Kenny that the Prem is the one you would want in your home arcade but £3k is a lot of money which our casual players wont go ga ga over so its a Pro for me. Only premiums I have are Batman 66 and Elvira as that was the entry level and Munsters cos I wanted the black and white one.

Always been a great fan of the theme especially the "campy" early films as Gary Stern put it LOL

with the cash I "save" on the Pro , I could get one of these and put on the roof to promote it

looking forward to coming to try it out at EC when you get it. Looks really good but I'm out of space at home for a while!

No doubt at all that the toys on the Premium/LE look great and that Elwin pins are top sellers but do people forget the fixes needed on Iron Maiden Premiums, the problematic T Rex on JP Premiums, the pointless and again problematic subway on A:IQ.
One bonus with a Pro is its pretty much set up & play, I’ll be amazed if all the toys on Godzilla work straight away out of the box - this seems to be one area of these new pins where we are still let down consistently. It’s fine for people that love to tinker and perfect the operation of their pins but a real disappointment for those a bit less inclined to have a fiddle.
This genuinely puts me off premiums (as well as the price difference) - but with all that said, if these mechs/toys do all work from day one then I’ll get my coat and bow down to what’s potentially going to be a superb packed pin [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt at all that the toys on the Premium/LE look great and that Elwin pins are top sellers but do people forget the fixes needed on Iron Maiden Premiums, the problematic T Rex on JP Premiums, the pointless and again problematic subway on A:IQ.
One bonus with a Pro is its pretty much set up & play, I’ll be amazed if all the toys on Godzilla work straight away out of the box - this seems to be one area of these new pins where we are still let down consistently. It’s fine for people that love to tinker and perfect the operation of their pins but a real disappointment for those a bit less inclined to have a fiddle.
This genuinely puts me off premiums (as well as the price difference) - but with all that said, if these mechs/toys do all work from day one then I’ll get my coat and bow down to what’s potentially going to be a superb packed pin [emoji106]

Agreed, also problems with the Glider on Turtles, the TK lock on Stranger Things, the Electric Magic spinner on Led Zeppelin, the list goes on. The more there is on a Pin, the more there is to go wrong, especially with Stern trying to get Pins out the door as quickly as possible who knows how thoroughly they are tested before going into production, not very history tells us.

Last edited:

You are partial to a fiddle though

If pins didn’t go wrong that’s half the fun gone and I’m out !
Hehe, see i’d quite happily take an indestructible or self repairing machine! I do love to see the work people do though, your White Water was amazing and also the ideas people come up with for mods. Taking note that you said repairs are fun since Welly is 25mins down the road 😂

Hehe, see i’d quite happily take an indestructible or self repairing machine! I do love to see the work people do though, your White Water was amazing and also the ideas people come up with for mods. Taking note that you said repairs are fun since Welly is 25mins down the road 😂
Thanks 😊

When you see the LE’s in the flesh they all look stunning pieces, dare I say worth the money. Maybe Stern could charge a bit more on the LE’s and reduce the price of the pro’s for the lower end collector and op.
Is any new pin really worth the money? Can people say they get 9k worth of excitement out of It? The resale market is where it all balances out and I agree with your point on LE price increase. Considering most LE owners don't really play their pins and get equal or more than there initial outlay, then I don't think a higher price tag would really matter. If anything it might make them slightly more Limited.

Looks super hard so far lol, hopefully they're just getting a feel for it

Edit: nvm Elwin then shows off basically everything in one ball lol damn hes good

Last edited:
The shots are like butter and the whole integration is superb! Can’t wait to play this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks super hard so far lol, hopefully they're just getting a feel for it

Edit: nvm Elwin then shows off basically everything in one ball lol damn hes good

LCD presentation is ugly, very early code though I’m guessing
Magnet drop (Hawkeye shot) looks really good [emoji106]

Reactions: Jib
The shots are like butter and the whole integration is superb! Can’t wait to play this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Loving the layout, the way that magnagrab works, the single pop bumper position is great. Not loving the sound package personally. The rock music in it very much reminds me of playing Mustang ( not my kind of music ). Looks like it shoots great, no Jurassic park tight shots here. Love the 2 side loops.

Last edited:
I wonder if you can be logged into insider connected and not have the achievements pop up on screen during play

Only watched the first 20mins, will watch it all latr. After a few dodgy balls Keith blows it up. Looks great. Good flow. Like the position of the pop bumper and the magna grab lock. Best thing to come out of Stern in ages. Thumbs up Keith and his team..

I've been half watching this morning at work. Looks spectacular. There is definitely a nod to Zilla from 98 (the Roland Emmerich one) which is a brave move! The nod being there's clearly an approximated version of this;.

Back
Top Bottom