What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Why oh why is GodZilla another plastic toy. Modders do your thing!

(yes I know mecha god zilla is there but come on... where's the OG?)
Because its cheap! They have done this for years. It is not cheap to make moulds to make this kind of thing. Easier to buy something wholesale from China for a couple of quid and stick some kind of mounting. Southpark/Family Guy/Simpsons all use commonly available todays.

Theme does nothing for me, but looking at the wireforms on the pro and the nice mechs on the premiums and LEs, there must be some pretty sad/angry Mando customers out there.
If they can do wireforms on this Pro, why not Mando?

Looking forward to some gameplay, layout looks good

It is all down to the designers I think. I am unsure of the cost differences from making plastic ramps vs wireforms.

Reading what @Gary Flower posted - $200 increase down to the kit that most people will not want on the game. You have to have it - Gary (Stern) says. I think it looks awful on the apron.

Other price increases are inline really with everything else.

Watch the costs rise due to transport as well.

I also imagine the Godzilla licence is much cheaper than the Mando licence which I assume would have effected the BOM.
I would not assume anything about licenses.

Anyone looking for a new kidney?

Got one here for sale, only 10k 😂

Seriously though, that table looks gorgeous. I cannot wait to try this one one day soon!

Game great art great music call outs and video absolutely shocking and I can’t understand why they have gone with grey power coat on the le
In on a pro and premium
The Armour colour does look a little weird but I’m sure it will be stunning in the flesh. Maybe it’s to reflect Mecha Godzilla.

Game great art great music call outs and video absolutely shocking and I can’t understand why they have gone with grey power coat on the le
In on a pro and premium
The Callouts and Video are lifted from the English dub of the Showa-Era Godzilla movies. (I LOVE the fact they have an option for Subtitles so that you can use the original Japanese audio tracks instead!)

The grey powder-coat is a nod to Mecha-Godzilla.

The LE is awful.
I really don’t want to see it in person thanks.
Typical stripped pro, nothing new there.
Premium is a no brainer.
Like the layout, theme / art could have been better, I’d take my Mando LE anyday.
I’ll wait until I see a gameplay stream before I try and get on the bus !

Nice art and some interactive elements! I don't think I'll ever afford a NIB, I'll get sloppy seconds... Or more likely thirds on other sterns people move on to make room😁
Look forward to playing it at Neil's or elsewhere though!

Just called Phil 🤦‍♂️
If you need to make room, I'm sure Rudy would like to meet his long lost construction destruction enthusiast children.👷😉

Back
Top Bottom