What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Was up at 5am with my boy, so watched the whole stream.

My initial thoughts were these, this looks very hard. The side loop looks tough for mere mortals, the feed from the spinner to the top flipper is super fast and will require some serious dialling in. Looping more than twice will be very tricky. The left ramp requires a perfect shot to make it, it's steep. When the magnet isn't activated the loop around the tower shoots straight down the middle. Mechagodzilla is so close to the flippers and so dangerous I can see people just avoiding it. It looks like the right ramp should be makeable from the top flipper, ala Avengers, but I didnt see anyone make it, I think it's too steep to be made from the top flipper. So many of the shots are dangerous, ball times are going to be short, it's going to frustrate people.

Then I watched the masters game from 1h20 mins. He's a genius. When you see him do that, its an art form. The magnet is fantastic, the left and right ramps are superb, looping the top flipper looks fantastic fun and then the lower loop shot around mechagodzilla to finish a combo? Looks just brilliant. If you want to see it really being played, really flowing, really showing off all that it beholds, watch Keith's game from 1h20 mins.

I stand by my initial observations, it's going to be frustrating and hard I think. Short ball times. The setup is going to be important, it's going to need to be finely tuned. But my god, what a design, so unique, what a player. Can't wait to play one.

Looking forward to seeing the pro flip, will be interesting the see how the tower functions and what it lacks. Everything else (the bridge, mechagodzilla) are nice, but not important to me.

No idea on the rules, but clearly a huge game in there that you just trust that Keith will get right. Exciting times for pinball

So happy nothing negative for me the whole package is a dream. Love the cheesy screen action and the mechs are on another level for stern. I’m really glad he carried over the Hawkeye shot onto here’s as it’s my fav shot on AIQ and I feel the destruction jackpot gets you super hyped and looks very satisfying a level above AIQ.
I Kinda say this a lot but WOW can’t wait.

I hope Stern carry on this trend for the sake of people not into Godzilla as a theme and up the BOM from now on otherwise people will only be waiting on the next Edwin game.

I agree with Craig - I think this looks like direction was closer to JP2 from a frustration point of view slightly nervous about that. Even Jack was struggling with the shots (yeah he wasn't well either).

But the package was fantastic, the only thing that looked turd was that QR scanner light being on all the ****ing time - thats going to drive me nuts.

Reactions: Jib
watching the video again. there are a lot of layout similarities to AIQ, the magna grab isn't a million miles away from the avengers tower and the middle shot very black window..

watching the video again. there are a lot of layout similarities to AIQ, the magna grab isn't a million miles away from the avengers tower and the middle shot very black window..

No bad thing that 😊

Like AIQ just with more toys.

It does look a bit of a tight shooter but ya know, shoot better. I think I'm a little less bothered than I thought I was be about the Premiums extras. Cool but definitely not essential.

I agree with Craig - I think this looks like direction was closer to JP2 from a frustration point of view slightly nervous about that. Even Jack was struggling with the shots (yeah he wasn't well either).

But the package was fantastic, the only thing that looked turd was that QR scanner light being on all the ****ing time - thats going to drive me nuts.
I think the scanners can be covered with a magnetic art piece for the home. That’s the rumour anyhow.
As for the tower mech holy sheet that’s a piece of pinball design genius with all its unique divertor options. I wonder what happens on the pro it must lose a lot in that department.

yeah I agree on he pro its got the essentials of the game unlike AIQ pro which is missing most of the game because of the marvel ramp.

also good to know all games will get another code update.

I THINK, despite loving the theme and thinking Lord Keith of Elwin is the saviour of pinball, I'm going to resist getting one for now. Might even go AIQ next and work my way through his games sequentially. Just need to get over the blandness of the theme/callouts etc. Godzilla is a quality theme but I don't feel they've quite nailed it but then again, trying to do justice to such a diverse franchise that encompasses so many films and styles is kind of an impossible task.

I dislike watching streams of games, I generally don't get anything from them as I like to feel how the shots in a game work to know whether I like it. I watched the stream and I thought the game looked immense. The building mech is ridiculous (1:10:25)

Hopefully at Expo they announce what I really want from Insider connected, which is head to head play in some way, that will be epic (imagine what it will be like if you can link up against a mate)

Huggers I’d wait and try to pickup a used premium. Buying a pro you’d always wish you’d bought a prem..I’ve still to play his first game Iron Maiden so I’m well behind the curve..

First impression is the flipper gap is too big. The initial music is too repetitive until blue oyster cult kicks in. I'd be in for a premium if anything so I can wait and at least play the pro.

I think it looks amazing, if you’re decent. Really looking forward to playing one but my initial thoughts were I’m just not good enough to enjoy it fully. JP I enjoyed at first as my first pin, then I thought this is too hard, then after a bit I got better and really enjoy it again. Turtles is just kicking my ass though, I suck so bad at it lol. The pop on Godzilla gives me a feeling I’ll be cursing it like the spinning pizza.

I think a lot of people will be really happy with Godzilla, it looks great, has a lot going on but I think I need a nice 2 flipper, fan layout for my next pin to enjoy something a bit less frustrating. If I get better over the next couple of years this will be near the top of my list for sure.

Keith absolutely slaughters the other players in that last game 😂 How many loops o_O

He makes the game look like an easy long player, but when the others play you can see it's actually a bit of a brutal drain fest!

Reactions: Jib
It looks and sounds amazing. Very tempted, Dawn's wondering what to get me for Christmas ;)

Got a lot of exposure as when I joined there were a couple of hundred stream viewers, but there 30k extra due to Shroud hosting. His stream chat thought Negan (Jeffery Dean Morgan) is an awesome pinball player :rofl:

I've got a new appreciation for modern sterns since Neil's event and watching the Godzilla stream it seems to tick a lot of boxes for me.

I'm drawn to pinball moments, toys, humour. The B/W era was great at this and I thought a lot of new pins feel too serious and miss that humour. Godzilla appears to be a step in the right direction. I'm not entirely keen on the call outs and music but its better than other modern games I've experienced 😁

I won't be affording a NIB for a long time, if ever. Hopefully in a year or so I'll be able to get a second hand stern prem and be able to get into the deeper games by owning one at home. Then I can sell and eventually get a Godzilla in the next decade 😂

I've got a new appreciation for modern sterns since Neil's event and watching the Godzilla stream it seems to tick a lot of boxes for me.

I'm drawn to pinball moments, toys, humour. The B/W era was great at this and I thought a lot of new pins feel too serious and miss that humour. Godzilla appears to be a step in the right direction. I'm not entirely keen on the call outs and music but its better than other modern games I've experienced 😁

I won't be affording a NIB for a long time, if ever. Hopefully in a year or so I'll be able to get a second hand stern prem and be able to get into the deeper games by owning one at home. Then I can sell and eventually get a Godzilla in the next decade 😂

Deadpool is one of the best games in recent years for that type of humour and enjoyment. Only recent stern i regret selling

Deadpool is one of the best games in recent years for that type of humour and enjoyment. Only recent stern i regret selling
I played Gonzos at Pinfest and did enjoy it! I suppose it helped that the material is already funny!

I’m amazed you let it go Jim! The retro feel of that pin was made just for the old school arcade brigade like us. After I saw yours when collecting GOTG it was forever in my sights and now sits pride of place in my lineup.

Back
Top Bottom