What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
And if anyone is interested in Pinclash, which is why he has made this video, as it's the task being set, here is the promo video

I kinda of envy you. I first played Godzilla 17 months ago when I went to D82, my first impressions were good but it felt like a tough game, not as tough as I first thought but the flippers on the one I played were pretty hot. I daresay this is one of the best all time games, but folks said that about Keith's previous games.

If you haven't got a set of flipper fans then I'd strongly advise them for this game.

Neil.

Agreed, for me it just keeps getting better and better. Me and my brother picked up a JP2 as after borrowing Wayne's I really did miss it and to be honest its the only game I've played that comes close to Godzilla. I've had JP2 since Christmas, still play Godzilla twice as much as JP2

I kinda agree with @Neil McRae on this one and will go as far to say the best Pinball ever made to date bar none! A Bold statement I know but the flow and design is just incredible and something none of his previous games gave me and I've had them all!
AIQ was his best outing previous to this which it too has great flow but I struggled with JP and IMDN due to bricked shots and lots of annoying clunky ones but im not the greatest player and i’m sure some find them a lot easier than me.

John Borg recently did a podcast and I'm sure he talks about IMDN nearly being GOTG, man that would have been awesome!

John Borg recently did a podcast and I'm sure he talks about IMDN nearly being GOTG, man that would have been awesome!
Am I one of the few that think GOTG is perfect already as it is and in every way? I absolutely love it, so much so I went from a Pro to an LE and it now resides with a friend of mine which I hope to swap around and rotate now and again with a few of mine.

Jim @myPinballs code takes GOTG to another level.

Another vote for a superb game. Im no pro pinballer but i know i good game when i play one. I’ve had several friends hang out who don’t play pinball and they just can’t leave gz alone. Creech is the only other game i’ve played ( bar cactus ) that also has me coming back but yet every time it all stops and it’s back on gz.
There are so many different things going on that you can play a different game within the game. Im really pleased with it. Very satisfying.

Another vote for a superb game. Im no pro pinballer but i know i good game when i play one. I’ve had several friends hang out who don’t play pinball and they just can’t leave gz alone. Creech is the only other game i’ve played ( bar cactus ) that also has me coming back but yet every time it all stops and it’s back on gz.
There are so many different things going on that you can play a different game within the game. Im really pleased with it. Very satisfying.
Would be interesting to know what KE considers to be his best and also personal favourite of all the games he’s created, I don’t think you can find anything online where he discusses this , for commercial reasons Stern probably place a restriction on him rating his own designs. He did seem to have a lot of love for JP on a video I saw on the creation of JP. But from everything I’ve read it feels like Godzilla is his magnum opus.

Godzilla is an incredible game.

Wonderful shots, great code, excellent theme and some really varied and interesting ball paths.

I can't wait to see what Elwin does next.

Listen to him on loserkid and he talks about even more ideaa and gives us a UK Open shoutout ;)

IMDN is beating me up on a daily basis. What a tough ole game. I have to have a game of GZ afterwards to prove i’m not a **** player
master the ramps on IMDN ignore the upper flippers and you get pretty far.

Would be interesting to know what KE considers to be his best and also personal favourite of all the games he’s created, I don’t think you can find anything online where he discusses this , for commercial reasons Stern probably place a restriction on him rating his own designs. He did seem to have a lot of love for JP on a video I saw on the creation of JP. But from everything I’ve read it feels like Godzilla is his magnum opus.

I've definitely heard him say that he thinks GZ is his best game and before that it was JP2, not sure what podcast that was. He's very critical of his own work and is always very honest in interviews in my opinion. Clearly he can't be as honest as he was before he was at Stern. I remember he commentated on finals at PAPA one year and I remember him saying that he hated how Stern flippers felt, not sure he could say that today 😂

Not for me but might interest others, supersize your Spike2 screen!

Attachments

• 99657D66-C399-46D0-8EE9-2799FF60C1D2.png
    99657D66-C399-46D0-8EE9-2799FF60C1D2.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 6F4979ED-3890-4D5B-8DED-E2BCD695A3B2.png
    6F4979ED-3890-4D5B-8DED-E2BCD695A3B2.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 1E5CDB05-0054-4D03-89CF-561975F54A24.png
    1E5CDB05-0054-4D03-89CF-561975F54A24.png
    162 KB · Views: 58
yeah Jon from Jackbar who has been testing it sent me some photos this week - looks cool but pricey to change 20 of them!

yeah Jon from Jackbar who has been testing it sent me some photos this week - looks cool but pricey to change 20 of them!
Yeah it might cost you a few quid Neil.

On games like bm66 (which used restored/blu ray footage if I am remembering that correctly) it could look really good.

Get rid of the backglass - stick in a 27/28inch monitor

Enlarging the monitor is easy. Making it look good is the hard bit.

Perhaps they should go back to the system 11 backbox design and have a large screen lower down and big speakers in the top. Get some 9 inch by 6 inch oval car speakers.....

But doing new speakers like that you need a decent amp......

So as probably the newest member to the Godzilla club I’m wanting to see what the rest of you guys have done with rubber colours. Mines still has the nasty original black one’s. What colours have you guys went for? I’m thinking green for the most part. Bonus points for pics!!

Cheers Alan

So as probably the newest member to the Godzilla club I’m wanting to see what the rest of you guys have done with rubber colours. Mines still has the nasty original black one’s. What colours have you guys went for? I’m thinking green for the most part. Bonus points for pics!!

Cheers Alan

Congratulations mate. I went for silver but they're more grey if I'm honest.

Cheers Alan
Congratulations mate. I went for silver but they're more grey if I'm honest.
Martin came with my prem last Thursday, absolutely loving it, incredible game! Gonzo your introduction video was very helpful in giving me a clue as to what I was actually supposed to be doing, so thanks for that.
One thing I’ve noticed is when the tower collapses on multiball , every time the balls go sdtm, which is clearly a tad frustrating, has this come up with other owners any fixes?

Martin came with my prem last Thursday, absolutely loving it, incredible game! Gonzo your introduction video was very helpful in giving me a clue as to what I was actually supposed to be doing, so thanks for that.
One thing I’ve noticed is when the tower collapses on multiball , every time the balls go sdtm, which is clearly a tad frustrating, has this come up with other owners any fixes?

Glad to be of help mate and congratulations on your new game.

I have this modification on the top which stops the drain and looks better than the original part too.

I purchased it from a member on here who doesn't have any left but I've seen them on pinside.20230220_100941.jpg

Back
Top Bottom