What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
3 weeks into owning Godzilla Orem and I have to say I’m struggling , it just seems so damn tough. It’s an incredible, beautiful game but 9 times out of ten I just can’t seem to get started, balls seem to drain left right and centre at light speed every few seconds ! don’t get me wrong I couldn’t be more average as a player, I’ve had a high a score of 230m on it but most of the time I get around 12-15m and the games over before I’ve blinked … rinse and repeat . I turn on JP and although it’s supposed to be a harder game I find it so much easier to control things and play for an enjoyable amount of time. I’m going to keep plugging away for a while longer but not sure purely on how crap I seem to be and rising frustration levels that it will be a keeper , might look for a stranger things, medieval trade.

I'll be in Horsemonden on Wednesday. If you're home I can pass through TW at about 3-4pm and just take a look and perhaps offer some advice?

Yes I’m around, that’s very kind of you. I’ll pm you my address , thanks again

Well get it sorted. I'll bring the level, we can check the set-up and just go through the basic game-play and get you enjoying the game.

I didn't get along with Godzilla initially. I remember phoning Craig and saying it had to go . . . . . now it's a keeper.

Strange as I find this one of my easiest games the flow is so forgiving, deadflips and trapping balls are a dream and 3 ball games if nothing else can be extremely long to the point I often pass on GZ in favour of other games in my lineup that will kick my **** and keep me on the 1 more game rinse repeat train.
Just to note I recently levelled mine at 6.5% from the 7.2 I had it 16 odd months and just as easy. BTW I'm no great shakes as a player and my crappy scores reflect this. 😂

I hope Gonzo can help you see it a bit clearer Christian. I’ve got a similar issue with Buck Hunter at the moment but decided to fit an elastic band over the left outlane entrance so i can enjoy the game for longer

I hope Gonzo can help you see it a bit clearer Christian. I’ve got a similar issue with Buck Hunter at the moment but decided to fit an elastic band over the left outlane entrance so i can enjoy the game for longer
Cheers Rob would be good to get you down here soon too

Possibly , but when you have it on 5 balls and the game is over in less than 3 mins because the ball just heads direct down the left drain lane i think there is more to it than that

i’m ok at nudging but mostly there is no saving it

The white saucer plate had me thinking for a while now and managed to source a clear pop body and skirt. I wasent aware of the 3rd part still seen in white ( not sure what colour would work best there as clear might show it too raw ) but ultimately when playing i now don’t have the white skirt

Prob not to everyone’s taste

Attachments

• C6636966-F0B4-47B9-A0F7-3C24D4A6EADA.jpeg
    C6636966-F0B4-47B9-A0F7-3C24D4A6EADA.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 0B00B201-94F5-4B2E-AF3D-3AF850836A0C.jpeg
    0B00B201-94F5-4B2E-AF3D-3AF850836A0C.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 38
Loops.png

Just saw this on Pinside - maybe it is worth taking the Magna Grab and Loop bonuses when you have a choice.

He also posted this straight after.

Loop 2.png

Seems to be as big a bug as Icarus on IMdn

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jib
Certainly doesn't look that nice to me either, two models but you can spend even more money and upgrade them.

Starts around 1:30

Fortunately, not. It seems to be by the people who did the funky TZ topper with the moving ball. Except, this time, they… erm, dropped the ball.
Correct, the makers are called Electric Circus or something like that. Considering how good the TZ topper is I was expecting better here but this doesn’t look good.

Stern topper reveal is tomorrow, $999-$1199 rumoured price, likely just flat plastics.

Back
Top Bottom