What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Cheers partner not sure about grey either to be honest as I like I bit of colour… I do like your metallic grey flippers. Where’d you get them from?

Well the grey have picked up the dirt quite a bit too but there's so much colour from Davey's mods and cols plastics that it's cool.

The bats were from somewhere called the Pinball Center and they delivered quite quickly.

Since studying the game and learning shots these past few weeks - i say learning - i’ve got my 2nd best score last night. Was a brief encounter as was walking past and thought i’d have a quick go before bed but the game lasted and by the last ball ( which was an extra ) i became a little tired and impatient

For non pro game play how does this rate ? just want to see where i sit when scores are given - if i haven’t even scratched the surface please don’t rip me a new one on here …..

Attachments

• A73E2AF9-AD01-497D-8BEF-D0773E7F198C.jpeg
    A73E2AF9-AD01-497D-8BEF-D0773E7F198C.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 59
Since studying the game and learning shots these past few weeks - i say learning - i’ve got my 2nd best score last night. Was a brief encounter as was walking past and thought i’d have a quick go before bed but the game lasted and by the last ball ( which was an extra ) i became a little tired and impatient

For non pro game play how does this rate ? just want to see where i sit when scores are given - if i haven’t even scratched the surface please don’t rip me a new one on here …..
Well done, it's a very good score, I think most people would be pleased with that score (apart from @roadshow16 )! If you put that up in a competition 4 player game you'll most likely win it

still yet to break 1 billion.

Stopped for a random game the other week and scored about 890,000,000 on first ball. Then the other two plus an extra basically went straight down the drain 😂

one day!.

Ever notice how many of your best games are the ones where you dont have much time and just jump on for a 'quick one', then one ball lasts 45 minutes, and you cant finish the game as you have to run.. damn annoying :)

Last edited:
Great, thanks. i’ll keep plugging away then

I’ve found once you start creeping past 1/2 billion more stuff starts appearing , you get more of his allies and i’ve had the 3 head monster twice appear

Is there a kind of game play limit for this game. As in what is expected to be got by the designer for average game play ?

Say your playing Bioshock / dead space and you complete the game in good stead but don’t hit all the enemies or collect all the ammo or power ups etc but you get to the finish ?

Great, thanks. i’ll keep plugging away then

I’ve found once you start creeping past 1/2 billion more stuff starts appearing , you get more of his allies and i’ve had the 3 head monster twice appear

Is there a kind of game play limit for this game. As in what is expected to be got by the designer for average game play ?

Say your playing Bioshock / dead space and you complete the game in good stead but don’t hit all the enemies or collect all the ammo or power ups etc but you get to the finish ?

I think you're in the best part of learning Godzilla.

I've not read any instructions and I'm certainly not running the latest code but it's a great game.

I only sussed out the flying saucer multiball thingy last week and now I'm shooting for the saucer all the time and trying to get the extra ball early.

I found a really good limited flip mode too which was excellent. I was playing doubles with @Jmac , I can't remember what it was but really good fun.

I'm getting to Monster Zero more regularly now. The game is packed but it's not a quick 5 min game, that's for sure.

I found a really good limited flip mode too which was excellent. I was playing doubles with @Jmac , I can't remember what it was but really good fun.

I'm getting to Monster Zero more regularly now. The game is packed but it's not a quick 5 min game, that's for sure.
The 'timed flip mode' is Terror of MechaGodzilla. To qualify it you need to get the SJP in Mecha MB, AND get to the 4th power up at the scoop. Then you shoot the building to start it - a great fun mode, but I haven't figured out how to maximise scoring in it and get around 320mil almost every time.

Whereas to qualify Monster Zero you need to hit a SJP in GZ MB, AND get to the 4th power up at the scoop. Then once again you shoot the building to start.

Should you get the SJP in both MBs before getting to the 4th power up, you get the choice as to which one you play first - you play the 2nd one once you get the 8th power up.

I only sussed out the flying saucer multiball thingy last week and now I'm shooting for the saucer all the time and trying to get the extra ball early.
If you defeat the saucer via the right inlane (shatz) you actually destroy 2 saucers at once.
I prefer shooting the upper edge of the saucer so it only just glances it and goes straight in to the scoop, much safer.

I won't give any more things away which I've learned, other than, you can get all 3 allies lit at the scoop before you've even started a kaiju mode - one of them after only a single flip! Lighting allies - and collecting them - is the secret to any big score.

I won't give any more things away which I've learned, other than, you can get all 3 allies lit at the scoop before you've even started a kaiju mode - one of them after only a single flip! Lighting allies - and collecting them - is the secret to any big score.
single flip???

The tips that were posted ( thank you for that ) i glanced through and some of them i simply don’t understand. Like Gonzo mentioned i’m too am messing around with parts of the game. For the last week i’ve been focusing on hitting the cannon which is a real tricky one. From this i get a lot of reverse skill shots and also learning to let the ball roll from the left to right flipper to aim up for the top playfield. There is also that saucer shot with the scoop rebound like mentioned above. My max is 6 on the loop.
Most games are around 500m but lately they are lasting alot longer with skill shots, extra balls and 4 and 5 ball multi balls.
Plus after installing these today and playing it is a whole new level now
I play 5 balls but the difference these flippers are making i might try 3

Attachments

• 52C2ECC9-961E-407E-AE8A-A4D1D6EDBCAE.jpeg
    52C2ECC9-961E-407E-AE8A-A4D1D6EDBCAE.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 27
What a fantastic game.. been playing the premium for around a month now and game is next level when you get it going, also starting to get some decent ish scores. One thing I’m not sure of is how do you get the multiplying going as you destroy a city. Does it have to be done in one ball? Also in relation to the multiball drain not had one issue with this one whereas I played on location and kept happening so maybe just a levelling issue.

Attachments

• B167B47D-570D-4CFE-BC88-1F931A16B2B6.jpeg
    B167B47D-570D-4CFE-BC88-1F931A16B2B6.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 24
What a fantastic game.. been playing the premium for around a month now and game is next level when you get it going, also starting to get some decent ish scores. One thing I’m not sure of is how do you get the multiplying going as you destroy a city. Does it have to be done in one ball? Also in relation to the multiball drain not had one issue with this one whereas I played on location and kept happening so maybe just a levelling issue.
A few pages back i was asking about levelling and a few members gave some helpful methods to check its right

Just a note on these new flippers. I turned the power back to stock from full on fitment and now turned both bottom flippers down to 200 . It’s not smashing the ball into the power lines anymore or the edges of the right ramp etc
I feel it may get turned down more as i can still easily make it up both ramps. There is certainly more control though by my hands it’s still rubbish 😂

A few pages back i was asking about levelling and a few members gave some helpful methods to check its right

Just a note on these new flippers. I turned the power back to stock from full on fitment and now turned both bottom flippers down to 200 . It’s not smashing the ball into the power lines anymore or the edges of the right ramp etc
I feel it may get turned down more as i can still easily make it up both ramps. There is certainly more control though by my hands it’s still rubbish 😂

I'm very interested in these flippers and im glad to hear they're makinga difference..... keep us posted because I'm tempted.

I'm very interested in these flippers and im glad to hear they're makinga difference..... keep us posted because I'm tempted.
Your more than welcome to come try them
out prior. I got hit £50 on import fyi - my set was $220
I’m running @Wayne J cooling fans too

3 weeks into owning Godzilla Orem and I have to say I’m struggling , it just seems so damn tough. It’s an incredible, beautiful game but 9 times out of ten I just can’t seem to get started, balls seem to drain left right and centre at light speed every few seconds ! don’t get me wrong I couldn’t be more average as a player, I’ve had a high a score of 230m on it but most of the time I get around 12-15m and the games over before I’ve blinked … rinse and repeat . I turn on JP and although it’s supposed to be a harder game I find it so much easier to control things and play for an enjoyable amount of time. I’m going to keep plugging away for a while longer but not sure purely on how crap I seem to be and rising frustration levels that it will be a keeper , might look for a stranger things, medieval trade.

3 weeks into owning Godzilla Orem and I have to say I’m struggling , it just seems so damn tough. It’s an incredible, beautiful game but 9 times out of ten I just can’t seem to get started, balls seem to drain left right and centre at light speed every few seconds ! don’t get me wrong I couldn’t be more average as a player, I’ve had a high a score of 230m on it but most of the time I get around 12-15m and the games over before I’ve blinked … rinse and repeat . I turn on JP and although it’s supposed to be a harder game I find it so much easier to control things and play for an enjoyable amount of time. I’m going to keep plugging away for a while longer but not sure purely on how crap I seem to be and rising frustration levels that it will be a keeper , might look for a stranger things, medieval trade.
Maybe you have it set too steep? Trying adjusting the angle and maybe move the outlane posts to the easier position?

Same for me, get it on 10 ball games and plenty of extra balls. Thats they way I'm enjoying it!!!!

Can you take a video of you playing?

Well maybe we can offer some help in how you are playing? I watch the members at PBR and help them with small changes to play that can make a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom