What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Once the proto checked for any alterations needed I can do this in 1 or 2mm extruded acrylic in clear or alternatively 1, 1.5 or 2mm HIPs in various colours inc Black.

where do you fit this @Colywobbles ?
check the thread back to post 1685
Hi I have a slow mo Which after messing with the shooter plunger et cetera and getting the ball going straight up the lane the slo-mo shows the ball was not quite enough inertia it falls off the end of the ramp because the end of the ramp is curved the curve throws the ball to the left.However A very slightly stronger plunge will allow you to flow over the curve and get past the rattle .Also if you see in the video I have a ruler down the Right hand side of the shooter lane because another problem could be that the ball even with a little bit more shove is dropping on the stainless steel in the lane to the right after the ramp finishes. Video won’t load sorry too big

Looking forward to trying this, how would you suggest attaching?
I’ll stick some cheap thin double sided tape on the proto just lmk any adjustments and I’ll ament and do in whatever colour preferred.
I think maybe 3M tape for the finished one.

I’ll stick some cheap thin double sided tape on the proto just lmk any adjustments and I’ll ament and do in whatever colour preferred.
I think maybe 3M tape for the finished one.
HiCol I will try it with the thin tape but it may not work as well . Like you say though trial and error. As long as it’s more in total than 2mm to clear the side rail it should work

Once the proto checked for any alterations needed I can do this in 1 or 2mm extruded acrylic in clear or alternatively 1, 1.5 or 2mm HIPs in various colours inc Black.
Hi Col I don’t think it will work in 1mm my prototype is in 2mm with 2mm of tape behind it 1mm is thinner than the side rail we are trying to avoid

Hi Mark yes lift up playfield Balls out first then check there’s no wire off and follow it back check any connectors .maybe the switch itself though

Thanks for the help with this, pop bumper now working correctly! The switch was squashed closed so always "on" and never triggering, so I prised it apart a fraction and it now triggers as expected :clap:

How much maintanence/ time consuming issues expected from a NIB GZ Prem?
any feedback appreciated
Every machine is different. Some never need to be touched, some need quite a bit of tinkering, it's the luck of the draw. Rest assured that any issues you have, you can normally be helped out by people on here

How much maintanence/ time consuming issues expected from a NIB GZ Prem?
any feedback appreciated

Mine has been pretty good apart from the sdtm out of the building on multiball.

My last AIQ required a ton of adjustments out of the box and my Elvira was perfect but others had issues.

No issues with my GZLE really.

Apart from when the building went down and back up, it peeled the decal off the lower part.

It was due to the heat (Weather) and this made the rubber grommets under the playfield softer, causing building to lean forward a few mm and got caught on clear plastic in front of the building

This has been a common issue according to Patrick

Edit: Have posted procedure for building alignment for those that may have issue.

machine from first run. Does have the plunger issue.

didnt have the SDTM issue from building.

Have since moved the machine forward a bit as floor is sinking under the weight of all the pins 😂
(almost put a 7ft fish tank where these are now :eek:)

Both before and after moving a bit the machine was levelled with a digital meter. Now i have the SDTM issue. so go figure ??
That issue is obviously very sensitive to how the machine is set up.

Will fix it with a small clear dot at the building exit if need be.

Last edited:
So @mplayfield does that mean collywobbles is on with official prototypes?
Hi @Colywobbles sent me out a prototype in clear today and it works a treat so a big thanks to him . He is now going to do me a coloured one. Rattle fixed

Attachments

• A0974EE5-ECB8-49D3-9A27-E5532AD798B6.jpeg
    A0974EE5-ECB8-49D3-9A27-E5532AD798B6.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 68
  • B5DB1CE4-A689-447B-A685-C39DA2B6EC04.jpeg
    B5DB1CE4-A689-447B-A685-C39DA2B6EC04.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 68
machine from first run. Does have the plunger issue.

didnt have the SDTM issue from building.

Have since moved the machine forward a bit as floor is sinking under the weight of all the pins 😂
(almost put a 7ft fish tank where these are now :eek:)

Both before and after moving a bit the machine was levelled with a digital meter. Now i have the SDTM issue. so go figure ??
That issue is obviously very sensitive to how the machine is set up.

Will fix it with a small clear dot at the building exit if need be.
do most machines have this plunger issue?

Mine has been pretty good apart from the sdtm out of the building on multiball.

My last AIQ required a ton of adjustments out of the box and my Elvira was perfect but others had issues.
good to hear mostly no probs.. excited to recieve it!

I have a rattle on mine, so if this solves it then I'm keen. Would love to see it in action and what it actually does to solve the issue

I have a rattle on mine, so if this solves it then I'm keen. Would love to see it in action and what it actually does to solve the issue
the ball hugs the right hand rail and as it drops from the ramp to the playfield it hits the lower stainless ball guide and gets pushed left and rattles .I did several slow motion videos to find out what was happening it annoyed the hell out of me.

Attachments

• E4D79504-35E0-4CE8-8C13-59E27BDFF52A.jpeg
    E4D79504-35E0-4CE8-8C13-59E27BDFF52A.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom