What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
anyone got a link to the fans please?
you can get the 2 flipper ones or the set with the upper flipper one too. Either from Vic directly or Pinball Life

you can get the 2 flipper ones or the set with the upper flipper one too. Either from Vic directly or Pinball Life
cheers

As others have mentioned, I (with guidance from @Sven Normansson :D ) am starting to work on a prototype coil cooling system, which will be significantly cheaper than the version from Pinmonk (excellent as they are). I've already ordered some different samples and will be potentially trialling them this evening,

Once I have more details I'll create a new thread.

Attachments

• 20220922_092543.jpg
    20220922_092543.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220922_092534.jpg
    20220922_092534.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 27
Craig and I (and I'm sure Wayne later) reckon it's roughly an hour to get to KoTM, there is noticeable fade when trying to make the right ramp after an hour (most other shots seemed ok)
Right ramp was the issue for me too (until fitting the Pinmonk fans). What some people don't realise is that the fade is noticeable long before the ramp is unmakeable - it is a gradual process which first manifests with the timing of shots being a little sooner.

I wouldn't count on me getting close any time soon.
I gave it a full strip and clean after finally getting it back and set up after Pinfest this week - it plays like a complete and utter BarSteward at the moment.

As others have mentioned, I (with guidance from @Sven Normansson :D ) am starting to work on a prototype coil cooling system, which will be significantly cheaper than the version from Pinmonk (excellent as they are). I've already ordered some different samples and will be potentially trialling them this evening,

Is that an electric RC car motor heatsink and fan?? Would be cool and I nice accident if the diameter of an rs540 type motor is in fact the same as a stern flipper coil.

Godzilla arrives tomorrow. Shame I'm away all weekend.
Does anyone the pallet size of a NIB? 😬

Is that an electric RC car motor heatsink and fan?? Would be cool and I nice accident if the diameter of an rs540 type motor is in fact the same as a stern flipper coil.
The problem being that the flipper coils used by Stern aren't all the same diameter - on Deadpool for example the left and right flippers have different strength coils, which in turn have slightly different diameters :( .

The problem being that the flipper coils used by Stern aren't all the same diameter - on Deadpool for example the left and right flippers have different strength coils, which in turn have slightly different diameters :( .
Get a section of aluminium bar the correct diameter and reform the heatsink in a vice

I was hoping the new update had the KOTM mode selectable when you hold both flippers (like JP), fingers crossed that comes later

I was hoping the new update had the KOTM mode selectable when you hold both flippers (like JP), fingers crossed that comes later
Pretty sure Keith said somewhere you will be able to access a challenge mode like JP2 and AIQ.

These look awesome Wayne well done! Much better than the pinmonk knockoffs I had printed up 🤭

Keep us posted, interested to see how things progress.

From memory they worked out a way to circumvent it after a few days, can't remember the specifics though.

Edit

Found the details. Excerpt is from this post

100% This round of updates will screw them over again.

A friend just had it confirmed from Scorbit. USB serial has been completely closed down as part of this update as expected.

Apparently scorbit switched to WiFi connectivity for spike2 a while ago which gets around it, which is good.

@Fubar probably has implications to the mod you've been working on though?

A friend just had it confirmed from Scorbit. USB serial has been completely closed down as part of this update as expected.
They removed the USB-serial driver a while back. I did manage to work around that though. More annoyingly they removed the convenient debug menu I was using. In any case I don't have a game to play around with anymore so haven't explored this new round of updates...

I have to unbox my NIB games on the drive as they won't fit through my gate - it's yet to be raining 🤞
That was the next option. As nice as the Hadfields guy was, he tried once and we gave up. Once it started raining again I had to get the neighbor to help me get it through

Well I'm still looking into the skill shot ball launch rattle. I've now also removed the level bubble which intrudes a little and I think the ball hits, I do believe this improves things. But more important than anything is how you release the plunger rather than how far you pull it back.
I know it's not mega points in the scheme of things, I just like things to work and it bugs me.

Is there such a thing as a better plunger?

Another theory is that the ball launch being so short, could be improved by a lane narrower mod to bring in each side 2mm or so in order to launch in the intended designed direction. I mean it's a skill shot, not a lucky dip right?

Well I'm still looking into the skill shot ball launch rattle. I've now also removed the level bubble which intrudes a little and I think the ball hits, I do believe this improves things. But more important than anything is how you release the plunger rather than how far you pull it back.
I know it's not mega points in the scheme of things, I just like things to work and it bugs me.

Is there such a thing as a better plunger?

Another theory is that the ball launch being so short, could be improved by a lane narrower mod to bring in each side 2mm or so in order to launch in the intended designed direction. I mean it's a skill shot, not a lucky dip right?
Completely cured mine by bringing the left hand guide in so it’s touching the launch ramp, before that my auto plunge was hitting the tiny guide next to the switch in the mechazilla loop and bouncing up towards mechazilla. Never does it now.

Back
Top Bottom