What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Completely cured mine by bringing the left hand guide in so it’s touching the launch ramp, before that my auto plunge was hitting the tiny guide next to the switch in the mechazilla loop and bouncing up towards mechazilla. Never does it now.
Hi Andy could you please post a picture

Hi Andy could you please post a picture
It’s earlier in this thread somewhere 👍
Post 1363

You can also adjust the auto plunge strength but you want it it hit the magnet each time for the start of GZ MB (on the Pro)

Last edited:
Well I'm still looking into the skill shot ball launch rattle. I've now also removed the level bubble which intrudes a little and I think the ball hits, I do believe this improves things. But more important than anything is how you release the plunger rather than how far you pull it back.
I know it's not mega points in the scheme of things, I just like things to work and it bugs me.

Is there such a thing as a better plunger?

Another theory is that the ball launch being so short, could be improved by a lane narrower mod to bring in each side 2mm or so in order to launch in the intended designed direction. I mean it's a skill shot, not a lucky dip right?
Post 1363

You can also adjust the auto plunge strength but you want it it hit the magnet each time for the start of GZ MB (on the Pro)
Post 1363

Thanks Andy will give this a try and see if it solves the manual plunge issue also

Thanks Andy will give this a try and see if it solves the manual plunge issue also
Hi I have a slow mo Which after messing with the shooter plunger et cetera and getting the ball going straight up the lane the slo-mo shows the ball was not quite enough inertia it falls off the end of the ramp because the end of the ramp is curved the curve throws the ball to the left.However A very slightly stronger plunge will allow you to flow over the curve and get past the rattle however the difference is so small it’s hardly skill and the difference on the plunger is about quarter of an inch.Also if you see in the video I have a ruler down the Right hand side of the shooter lane because another problem could be that the ball even with a little bit more shove is dropping on the stainless steel in the lane to the right after the ramp finishes. Video won’t load sorry too big

Further to my last post I extended the ruler and that has fixed my rattle so a mod is needed I think

Attachments

• 8A69340B-1BC4-4EFB-AA1F-0FA03668D630.jpeg
    8A69340B-1BC4-4EFB-AA1F-0FA03668D630.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 3EBF65EE-3655-4F22-9970-3E505532FEFC.jpeg
    3EBF65EE-3655-4F22-9970-3E505532FEFC.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 33
@mplayfield did you bring in the left hand guide as Andy suggested and it didn't quite cure it then?

Interesting view on the speed of the ball drop off end of ramp stopping it rolling left due to the end of ramp curve, if true, raising the ramp with more washers would mean more pace required to hit skill. As I said earlier, I put a single washer under and it helped, but didn't solve, so when I'm home I may put a second washer under.
I shaped this on two sides so as not to intrude on the lane, it cannot be seen when fitted underneath.

Attachments

• 20220919_103439.jpg
    20220919_103439.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220919_102530.jpg
    20220919_102530.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 19
@mplayfield did you bring in the left hand guide as Andy suggested and it didn't quite cure it then?

Interesting view on the speed of the ball drop off end of ramp stopping it rolling left due to the end of ramp curve, if true, raising the ramp with more washers would mean more pace required to hit skill. As I said earlier, I put a single washer under and it helped, but didn't solve, so when I'm home I may put a second washer under.
I shaped this on two sides so as not to intrude on the lane, it cannot be seen when fitted underneath.

Hi Itried the washers and it improved but was not right still.the ball needs to go straight I have made a lane guide extension thing and it has cured it. The problem is with The ball as it leaves the end of the ramp it descends and catches the lane guide on the play field. Now I have this template I will ask @Colywobbles nicely if he will make me a proper one. A bit more testing needed first but pretty sure I’m there

Hi Itried the washers and it improved but was not right still.the ball needs to go straight I have made a lane guide extension thing and it has cured it. The problem is with The ball as it leaves the end of the ramp it descends and catches the lane guide on the play field. Now I have this template I will ask @Colywobbles nicely if he will make me a proper one. A bit more testing needed first but pretty sure I’m there

Attachments

• 097EE62E-D7E9-474B-B193-6369DEEF9A28.jpeg
    097EE62E-D7E9-474B-B193-6369DEEF9A28.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DFFE3A54-7157-4C6F-A312-198EA9F1ADF0.jpeg
    DFFE3A54-7157-4C6F-A312-198EA9F1ADF0.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 32
Joined the KOTM club today. (Standard 3 ball settings, EBs on) Didn't beat @roadshow16 's score but came close. KOTM itself was pretty nice though! 2.5 Billion King Ghidorah bounty or something like that...
Really fun wizard mode, hats off to Mr. Elwin once more.

Attachments

• 20220926_220921.jpg
    20220926_220921.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220926_220836.jpg
    20220926_220836.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 27
Well done mate, awesome KOTM. I'm guessing you made it through all 4 of the stage 1 battles? And then collected with 2 balls still in play? Really awesome stuff. Looking forward to getting back there and trying to put something decent together 👍

Well done mate, awesome KOTM. I'm guessing you made it through all 4 of the stage 1 battles? And then collected with 2 balls still in play? Really awesome stuff. Looking forward to getting back there and trying to put something decent together 👍
I beat three of the stage 1 battles and drained before hitting the captive ball to finish Titanosaurus. Then did manage to collect with 2 balls after using Anguirus mid way through. Man, can't believe after all that I did not qualify Monster Island Madness (didn't know how and did not beat planet x victory challenge MB anyway) that is going to be extremely hard to get to...

Last edited:
Yeah Planet X victory multiball is going to be so hard to complete. I came super close on Chris B's game at Pinfest (obviously before 1.0 code) but other than that, nowhere near

A few niggles out of the box:

1. That shooter lane is terrible - skillshots impossible... will try to adjust or something as per earlier posts but why do Stern let it out like this if it worked OK on first production run?

2. Had ball "stuck" at top of orbit... why is it so flat?

3. Pop bumper doesn't seem to pop :( I tried the coil test and that makes it pop... is there something else I should check?

4. TL flipper doesn't sit very flush to orbit edge so getting a bobble 50% of the time... anyone else got this? Can the flipper easily adjust to make it smoother?

1. That shooter lane is terrible - skillshots impossible... will try to adjust or something as per earlier posts but why do Stern let it out like this if it worked OK on first production run?

1) try moving the playfield left or right in the cab. For some reason stern decided not to fit the little metal playfield alignment dodads to the inside of the cabinet so there's a good amount of play between the cab and the playfield meaning alignment with the shooter rod side to side is just luck.

2) I've personally only seen that happen on pros I've played, its never happened on my own premium ( not sure if the guide is slightly different behind the building or maybe it's just a setup issue )

3. Pop bumper doesn't seem to pop :( I tried the coil test and that makes it pop... is there something else I should check?

4. TL flipper doesn't sit very flush to orbit edge so getting a bobble 50% of the time... anyone else got this? Can the flipper easily adjust to make it smoother?
Hi the skill shot is a pain and took me ages to sort but mine is perfect now with my mod, @Colywobbles is making a nice one for me and if all good im sure he will sort you out with one .

I wonder what material he's using, if they work, I think I'd like stainless steel. Obviously this isn't happening yet though.

I wonder what material he's using, if they work, I think I'd like stainless steel. Obviously this isn't happening yet though.
we discussed material but were limited as it cannot be thicker than 2mm as the double sided tape i used is quite thick as well ,anything extra disrupts the shooter lane . I think he is going to try using the material from the door plaques but i will be happy with anything that looks tidy

1) try moving the playfield left or right in the cab. For some reason stern decided not to fit the little metal playfield alignment dodads to the inside of the cabinet so there's a good amount of play between the cab and the playfield meaning alignment with the shooter rod side to side is just luck.

Oh yes you can see the difference and that did help a bit thanks but still only about a 25% fix... I also get the magna-grab multiball (Pro only) failing about 50% of the time, it seems to sometimes fall short and then just starts the MB immediately... hopefully another consequence of wobbling in the shooter lane and not a different issue.

Hi the skill shot is a pain and took me ages to sort but mine is perfect now with my mod, @Colywobbles is making a nice one for me and if all good im sure he will sort you out with one .

@Colywobbles please add me as an interested party to this mod, thanks! (Though it seems crazy to have to create a mod to get a NIB to launch a ball cleanly)

Check the switch in test - if the coil activates in test then it’s likely a switch issue.
Ah right... switch doesn't work - what do I look at next, do I need to raise the playfield and look for the physical switch connection or something? (As you can tell I play pinball machines more than I fix them :))

Ah right... switch doesn't work - what do I look at next, do I need to raise the playfield and look for the physical switch connection or something? (As you can tell I play pinball machines more than I fix them :))
Hi Mark yes lift up playfield Balls out first then check there’s no wire off and follow it back check any connectors .maybe the switch itself though

Back
Top Bottom