What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
It’s always been this way. Guess they have to do everything they can to make the LE seem like a worthwhile upgrade.
Yeah i’m new to modern sterns - i did check the feature matrix and saw it wasn’t included, so was expecting to have to add one.

Can’t stop playing this game. it’s got plenty going on. hands are aching like mad now.

Played the ass off this game. rules are not too bad to understand. there is a lot of different things, but they are starting to make sense now. 👍😃. had to stop playing as my finger joints in my left hand are sore 😩

Played the ass off this game. rules are not too bad to understand. there is a lot of different things, but they are starting to make sense now. 👍😃. had to stop playing as my finger joints in my left hand are sore 😩
Good game then al?

This just confused the heck out of me, I got home drunk and started GZ up.

GZ says ball missing, they were all there when I left.
Instead of thinking logically and clearing ball tray, I started looking through glass to see where it might be and I found a ball (not the lost ball) in the most bizarre place. As in a ball could not get there by fault.

I took the glass off and decided I need the ball to play, but really, it just couldn't be retrieved without dismantling too much.

When I realised this, I cleared the ball tray and it seems the missing ball was just a blip.

However, I still have thus spoof ball under the bridge and built into and behind the plastics, behind the bridge magnet.
It's frickin bizarre.

Attachments

• 20220910_223959.jpg
    20220910_223959.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220910_223953.jpg
    20220910_223953.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Haha
Reactions: Jib
This just confused the heck out of me, I got home drunk and started GZ up.

GZ says ball missing, they were all there when I left.
Instead of thinking logically and clearing ball tray, I started looking through glass to see where it might be and I found a ball (not the lost ball) in the most bizarre place. As in a ball could not get there by fault.

I took the glass off and decided I need the ball to play, but really, it just couldn't be retrieved without dismantling too much.

When I realised this, I cleared the ball tray and it seems the missing ball was just a blip.

However, I still have thus spoof ball under the bridge and built into and behind the plastics, behind the bridge magnet.
It's frickin bizarre.
Stop drinking lol that’s the captive ball

Stop drinking lol that’s the captive ball
I think I was the captive ball for a while!

This is a windup surely.

Not on my part, seriously there is a ball there, had the game 24hrs, no way I'm fancying around to put a ball there. It's mental, it must have been purposefully jailed in that spot by whoever put the machine together.

Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Attachments

• 16628493292721446730076673446514.jpg
    16628493292721446730076673446514.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Haha
Reactions: Jib
I think I was the captive ball for a while!

Not on my part, seriously there is a ball there, had the game 24hrs, no way I'm fancying around to put a ball there. It's mental, it must have been purposefully jailed in that spot by whoever put the machine together.

Once you see it, you can't unsee it.
Lol go to bed, if you don’t work it out for yourself in the morning someone will explain then

Ahh your joking, so it's meant to be there I guess, is this some form of counter balance. Yep, bed time, now I'm ashamed of myself 🙁

Working on some flipper toppers for Godzilla anyone interested? Not a sale btw, that may come later if any interest.

Attachments

• 731487B3-2A61-47DC-B466-336D711202C4.jpeg
    731487B3-2A61-47DC-B466-336D711202C4.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 11
  • C87917E2-553E-41A9-9E98-5119D8728B87.jpeg
    C87917E2-553E-41A9-9E98-5119D8728B87.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 11
Captive ball, quite a few games have them, dates back to the 60s.
Yes, but - to be fair - they’re usually at the front in clear view (like in A:IQ or Fish Tales).

We actually had a variant of that last night. GZ told me to ‘shoot the captive ball’ and I was looking around for the captive ball, which I was sure wasn’t there. I kept thinking “Maybe there’s one on the Pro…?” And my husband said ”it means the bridge” (bear in mind, I’ve owned this thing since January). So, I duly shot the bridge, unaware, until this morning, that there was an actual captive ball stuck behind the bridge magnet.

So now i have a reasonable understanding of the rules, I am ready for the next stage of leaning , which is what to actually go for in order to build a big score

It looks like end of ball bonuses are pretty tiny in comparison to other scoring opportunities. Is that a correct observation ?

So far I’ve been concentrating on lighting the scoop for a battle and then been practicing learning what to do in each of the tier one battles. My shot accuracy not that good (yet) so struggling to complete any of these consistently .

All the other stuff multiballs tanks, bridge, etc etc are just happening at random.

I think i’ll keep practising so i can complete each of the tier one battles as they clearly are important. I also figured out even completing 1/2 a battle is useful as it lights an Ally.

I’m so pleased there is so much to learn on this game and I guess so many ways to stack stuff. This is going to be with ne for quite some time.

Interestingly. i’m finding it easier to hit the left ramp than the right ramp!!!!!! wtf?

So now i have a reasonable understanding of the rules, I am ready for the next stage of leaning , which is what to actually go for in order to build a big score

It looks like end of ball bonuses are pretty tiny in comparison to other scoring opportunities. Is that a correct observation ?

So far I’ve been concentrating on lighting the scoop for a battle and then been practicing learning what to do in each of the tier one battles. My shot accuracy not that good (yet) so struggling to complete any of these consistently .

All the other stuff multiballs tanks, bridge, etc etc are just happening at random.

I think i’ll keep practising so i can complete each of the tier one battles as they clearly are important. I also figured out even completing 1/2 a battle is useful as it lights an Ally.

I’m so pleased there is so much to learn on this game and I guess so many ways to stack stuff. This is going to be with ne for quite some time.

Interestingly. i’m finding it easier to hit the left ramp than the right ramp!!!!!! wtf?

That left ramp is so satisfying Alan.

I'd start hitting more stuff in between battles now because it's fun. Take down the bridge, kill some tanks and destroy a few powerlines in each city.

That's me done on GZ advice, you'll have to consult the players who wear the big boy pants 😂

I’m not a good player, but I’d recommend qualifying the battle by shooting the ramps, but don’t start the battle. Then, continue shooting the ramps (lower-risk shots) to qualify the building lock. Then, shoot two balls into the building, but don’t start the multiball. THEN, start the mode and only THEN start Godzilla multiball.

GZ multiball is relatively low-scoring in my experience, but you can get loads of the shots done, especially for Ebirah, when you’re in multiball.

If you’re on a roll (and are s**t player on a roll, not a good player on a roll), you can qualify the building multiball several times, thereby allowing you to complete lots of things without aiming too hard (if you’re a good player on a roll, you can get to Planet X).

I find MechaGodzilla multi-ball to be higher risk to qualify unless you’re really struggling to hit the scoop - at which point, fill your boots shooting it. But, again, if you look like you’re about to start it by accident, stay away from that area until you’ve got something else (like jet fighters) going on.

I’m not a good player, but I’d recommend qualifying the battle by shooting the ramps, but don’t start the battle. Then, continue shooting the ramps (lower-risk shots) to qualify the building lock. Then, shoot two balls into the building, but don’t start the multiball. THEN, start the mode and only THEN start Godzilla multiball.

GZ multiball is relatively low-scoring in my experience, but you can get loads of the shots done, especially for Ebirah, when you’re in multiball.

If you’re on a roll (and are s**t player on a roll, not a good player on a roll), you can qualify the building multiball several times, thereby allowing you to complete lots of things without aiming too hard (if you’re a good player on a roll, you can get to Planet X).

I find MechaGodzilla multi-ball to be higher risk to qualify unless you’re really struggling to hit the scoop - at which point, fill your boots shooting it. But, again, if you look like you’re about to start it by accident, stay away from that area until you’ve got something else (like jet fighters) going on.
Personally I prefer to do the modes outside of mbs! It also lets you concentrate on getting the sjps to qualify monster zero and terror rather than worrying about a timer on a mode.

Also if you struggle to complete tier 1 battles, just remember you only have to get half way through them to move on to the tier 2 battles and on to Planet X. You can get to Planet X on a much quicker route doing this and fleeing tier 2s if that’s your goal. I also think, but would have to check that you don’t even have to get half way through the first tier 1 in Tokyo, you can just start it and when the timer runs out move into your 2nd city. So if there’s a particular battle you struggle with chose it first.

Personally I prefer to do the modes outside of mbs! It also lets you concentrate on getting the sjps to qualify monster zero and terror rather than worrying about a timer on a mode.

Also if you struggle to complete tier 1 battles, just remember you only have to get half way through them to move on to the tier 2 battles and on to Planet X. You can get to Planet X on a much quicker route doing this and fleeing tier 2s if that’s your goal. I also think, but would have to check that you don’t even have to get half way through the first tier 1 in Tokyo, you can just start it and when the timer runs out move into your 2nd city. So if there’s a particular battle you struggle with chose it first.
Yes, but the game will be ruined if I went to Planet X before completing everything else first :eek:

Also, I tend to get higher scores if I do multiple modes/activities inside multiball. And the entire purpose of playing (for me, anyway) is to beat the current high score(s) - specifically, to ensure that I’m Grand Champion and my husband isn’t… 😈

But, yes, people play differently and, if you want to see everything quickly, my suggestion may not be the best :)

I like Titanosarus with multiball as that right hand power line target is hard to hit on purpose. Take heat ray in too incase it still isn't getting hit.
i just can’t hit that right hand power line target. it’s frustrating me to hell

that’s todays practice shot 😂

i just can’t hit that right hand power line target. it’s frustrating me to hell

that’s todays practice shot 😂
If you’ve been trying to get it from the upper flipper try from the lower left, I find that much easier and safer, if I miss hopefully it goes up the right ramp for a safe return to try again

New to the forum and this will be my first pinball machine, gone for the premium model. In fact I’ve probably played 10 games of pinball in my life come to think of it.

I have a few questions (well more than a few lol)

Does it come with instructions on basic game modes / how to play ? If not is there a guide on here ?

Will it usually ship with latest game code from factory or do they all need updating ?

What would your advice be for getting good at it?

Typically , assuming normal play every day, how long or how many games might the machine last before developing minor issues that need rectifying.

Is the money slot setup for pound coins out the box / is it easy to configure how many balls you get for that money.

How much money will it store before needing emptying

New to the forum and this will be my first pinball machine, gone for the premium model. In fact I’ve probably played 10 games of pinball in my life come to think of it.

I have a few questions (well more than a few lol)

Does it come with instructions on basic game modes / how to play ? If not is there a guide on here ?

It has a VERY basic tutorial on the screen in attract mode. You can find a rulesheet here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-godzilla-rulesheet/7210

Will it usually ship with latest game code from factory or do they all need updating ?

Needs updating, but it’s very simple to do that.

What would your advice be for getting good at it?

Play a lot.

Typically , assuming normal play every day, how long or how many games might the machine last before developing minor issues that need rectifying.
They’re designed to be in arcades, so a long time.

Is the money slot setup for pound coins out the box / is it easy to configure how many balls you get for that money.

You can set it to Free Play at home. So, no money required. Use the coin box for storing random cr*p (e.g. manuals) inside the cabinet.

Mine is setup to freeplay and no rematch at the end of every game, still blows rematch smoke rings and pops when it matches. Odd.

Back
Top Bottom