What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Karl is streaming Godzilla with King of the Monsters for those who don't mind seeing it before they get there themselves!

Amazing stream of the game and another wizard mode to come!!!

Here's Karl playing KotM. The final film clip when you finish that mode is epic 😂

Just managed to watch Karl's stream. What an amazing mode, those film clips are incredible. Cannot wait to play it. It inspired me and I went and had an epic game on my game. Really tried to max everything and got greedy so didn't play Planet X, but still managed to beat my top score (excluding the one at Pinfest). What I was really pleased about though was my heart ray and Monster Zero scores, I knew it was possible but had never really maxed it out. This was about as good as I could do I think, would be interested to know if anyone has seen any higher. It was a 15m base at 8x with Rodan running. What a game.

Attachments

• IMG_20220906_211024.jpg
    IMG_20220906_211024.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220906_211035.jpg
    IMG_20220906_211035.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 22
Just managed to watch Karl's stream. What an amazing mode, those film clips are incredible. Cannot wait to play it. It inspired me and I went and had an epic game on my game. Really tried to max everything and got greedy so didn't play Planet X, but still managed to beat my top score (excluding the one at Pinfest). What I was really pleased about though was my heart ray and Monster Zero scores, I knew it was possible but had never really maxed it out. This was about as good as I could do I think, would be interested to know if anyone has seen any higher. It was a 15m base at 8x with Rodan running. What a game.
Great stuff Craig, my best monster zero is just over 1 Bill - will have to give it another crack. What was your final score?

Also - (sorry if I missed it) does anyone know when the new code is dropping?

Great stuff Craig, my best monster zero is just over 1 Bill - will have to give it another crack. What was your final score?

Also - (sorry if I missed it) does anyone know when the new code is dropping?

Nice mate, before tonight I was only around 450m I think, so was well pleased with that. Finished just short of 9B, but wasn't even in the 4th city, just shows that if you really max each city, play Rampage, Monster Zero, Terror and and the tier 2 modes well, massive scores are really achievable by the time you make it to Planet X. Missed a 1B+ destruction jackpot as well 🙈

Not sure when the new code drops Yeun, hopefully soon!!

I don't think the rules are particularly complicated on GZ, it's overwhelming to someone new to the machine because there's just so much you can choose ( and get distracted by ) to do.

Found the titlforum ruleset and watched a few of these streams - confused to heck now -need to wait until my game arrives Friday and start piecing it all together.

You start off in Tokyo.

Hit some ramps then shoot for the scoop. Choose a monster to battle and fight him by hitting the lit shots.

Repeat above and move onto the next city by hitting the scoop again.

Whilst in a city you can destroy a load off stuff too which will boost your score.

More destruction in between battles = more points.

Found the titlforum ruleset and watched a few of these streams - confused to heck now -need to wait until my game arrives Friday and start piecing it all together.
Kris has nailed it above Alan, there is a lot of nuance as you go along if you feel so inclined, but Kris has basically summed up the whole game there. As Kev said it's actually a pretty simple game to understand once you have stood in front of it for a few hours. Hope you really enjoy it mate

You start off in Tokyo.

Hit some ramps then shoot for the scoop. Choose a monster to battle and fight him by hitting the lit shots.

Repeat above and move onto the next city by hitting the scoop again.

Whilst in a city you can destroy a load off stuff too which will boost your score.

More destruction in between battles = more points.

Thanks for this, I also have a Premium arriving soon and like @AlanJ couldn't make much sense of the rules from the streams I’ve seen and the short time I’ve had on the game. Really looking forward to this one.

Thanks for this, I also have a Premium arriving soon and like @AlanJ couldn't make much sense of the rules from the streams I’ve seen and the short time I’ve had on the game. Really looking forward to this one.

Honestly, stick to the above and you'll work the rest out yourself. The multiballs will happen accidentally but you'll soon suss out why and when.

Speaking for myself there can be an information overload on a lot of these new Sterns.

The scoop is the key in this game because it allows you to battle the giant monsters and move onto the next city. Just remember to hit some ramps initially which will activate the scoop initially.

Basically there are 4 cities (Tokyo, New York, Paris & Exeter 😉) and 4 monsters (1 to battle in each city).

To explain any additional modes will just get confusing so just bash some bridges, tanks & buildings it between and hit the upper loop shot a few times.

Without doubt the easiest way to learn the rules on any game (but especially modern Sterns) is to first play the game to get to know where the ball returns to from a ramp/loop or scoop.
Then, and only then, read the rules. Then go back to the machine and play it again trying to incorporate some of the rules or strategies.
Then just keep playing and referring back to the rules to get the details and strategies for maxing out scores and stacking.

They're really not that complicated if you do it this way.

Agree Wayne, just play it and enjoy the learning of how the game plays, maybe make the odd note. I used to watch videos before I got a game and it kinda spoils it. Much prefer now to explore the game myself.

I’d get chrome candy’s metal plastic replacements, cols plastic protector, the dark green Godzilla from pinball life with their speaker upgrade kit.

I’d get chrome candy’s metal plastic replacements, cols plastic protector, the dark green Godzilla from pinball life with their speaker upgrade kit.
More money to be spent!
Surprised on the speaker upgrade is only $100 but the green godzilla is $100 for a bit of painted plastic

Back
Top Bottom