What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I thought about doing some videos on my machines for getting to wizard modes for the average player but I dont have the equipment or the confidence 😂

You definitely should mate. I'd watch. I made this with an old phone, my current phone and a tripod with a selfie stick gaffer taped to it 😂. It's not Dead Flip or anything but just about did the trick.

You definitely should mate. I'd watch. I made this with an old phone, my current phone and a tripod with a selfie stick gaffer taped to it 😂. It's not Dead Flip or anything but just about did the trick.

That’s a good setup. I’m also not sure if I can talk and play at the same time other than swear words 😆 I’d consider myself an average player so just want to show that you can still get to wizard modes and enjoy most of what a game has to offer if you take a certain course, even if you’re not world class.

You're absolutely spot on Alan. I should probably take the settings down a bit but I do have it on 4 ball now.
How about the tilt plunger? Where do you set that?
For me I find it tilts super easy and so I lowered the bob so that top of bob only catches to the underside of the wire ring, so now the bob hanging wire and the top of tilt bob work tilt simultaneously.
And still it catches me out tilting.

How about the tilt plunger? Where do you set that?
For me I find it tilts super easy and so I lowered the bob so that top of bob only catches to the underside of the wire ring, so now the bob hanging wire and the top of tilt bob work tilt simultaneously.
And still it catches me out tilting.

I don't seem to have an issue with that at all and I do move the machine a bit.

I don't seem to have an issue with that at all and I do move the machine a bit.
Well I agree with you, it's a tough game, I have hit 1bn twice now, but also only got out of Tokyo about 3 times.
Although I think I read to complete a city before moving on, so I stay if not complete.
How I'll ever complete two cities is beyond me.
Although I have stayed on factory setting for almost everything barring the tilt bob and I'm not sure if my tilt settings are "legal" or not.

I'm always cautious of 5 balls because if you play away or play anyone on insider connected, I feel they must be on 3 balls.

Well I agree with you, it's a tough game, I have hit 1bn twice now, but also only got out of Tokyo about 3 times.
Although I think I bread to complete a city before moving on, so I stay if not complete.
How I'll ever complete two cities is beyond me.
Although I have stayed on factory setting for almost everything barring the tilt bob and I'm not sure if my tilt settings are "legal" or not.

I'm always cautious of 5 balls because if you play away or play anyone on insider connected, I feel they must be on 3 balls.

Yeah, the whole 3 balls thing is a bit like eating a Korma when you go out for a curry. People might take the p1$$ and question your manliness but it's the right thing to do 😂.

I see 3 ball games are: for operators to make money, for really good home players, and, for shows and comps. rest of time put it on as many balls as you like 😂😂

If you’re interested in getting UK league fit - set it on 4 balls and no extra balls.

Seems some folk want to get to planet x as fast as possible, ie play the battles asap and leave each city asap. The other strategy is to get all the city inserts lit and go for the big scores.

I’m experimenting with both at the mo.

Okay now that I didn’t realise, I’ll have to go and try to get a few times to see if that’s it! Bloody irritating
So this is exactly what it was, annoying always the third time it happens I actually need the ball save!!!

Not sure who posted they set there GZ to 4 balls (maybe gonzo vids) but this has just bought the game to another level for me. Yes I know it’s 4 balls but wow I’m getting so much more out of the game now. I was averaging 250-350 but the last few games i just got 500-550! First time I got saucer attack mutliball and had monster zero!

Any vids on how the hell to attack this! I think I get the idea that you keep shooting and building the bae jackpot with the risk of bombing out without locking a ball?

Edit: just seen last few posts talking about 3-4 balls lol! Must read all posts next time!

I see 3 ball games are: for operators to make money, for really good home players, and, for shows and comps. rest of time put it on as many balls as you like 😂😂
Not sure who posted they set there GZ to 4 balls (maybe gonzo vids) but this has just bought the game to another level for me. Yes I know it’s 4 balls but wow I’m getting so much more out of the game now. I was averaging 250-350 but the last few games i just got 500-550! First time I got saucer attack mutliball and had monster zero!
It's genuinely fascinating reading how people's experiences and desires are so different - and with the exact same pin, as well :)

It really brings home to me all the debate over on the TNA 2.0 thread (which @Gonzo describes as TA - TNA Anonymous) :cool:

It would never occur to me to put on more than 3 balls. I am quite happy, provided I'm enjoying the shots, to play the exact same few video sequences/modes over-and-over again without seeing anymore of the game. In fact, I feel that the existence of stuff in the game that I'm unlikely to see for years, if ever, makes it more interesting and skipping that stuff would constitute 'spoilers'.

I don't know whether it's personality, age or formative gaming influences. I don't remember playing early arcade games, but maybe that visceral repetitiveness has stuck somewhere 👾

View attachment 180667

Only played a few games so far. On a soft plunge the ball tends to rattle which I need to look at. Apart from that seems to be playing great. Best score over the first three games was just shy of 400m so I def have some way to go. Looking forward to getting stuck in.
Getting the same thing with the plunge.
Struggling to be able to get it around to the upper flipper with the rattle.

mine rattles two. it’s that metal ball guide rail that it seems to hit on the way up.
I've played 4 different machines on location without an issue, so unsure why this batch appears to be having this problem.

Getting the same thing with the plunge.
Struggling to be able to get it around to the upper flipper with the rattle.

mine rattles two. it’s that metal ball guide rail that it seems to hit on the way up.

Looks like we have the exact same problem - struggling with the skill shot that loops around the upper flipper. Hard plunge is fine.

I was having similar alignment issues with my plunger - this helped

Thanks for this, I was going to take slow mo video to try to work out what’s going on but will try this first. Not tonight though. I can live with it tonight.

I'm sure this isn't solely a GZ adjustment, but standard adjustment 56 is "target game time" which is factory set to 1:45 and can be adjusted.

How exactly does the game make you drain earlier or later?

I’m getting a ball stuck on the bridge around once a game - ball search releases it but it’s obviously not meant to be that way. Anyone else had a similar issue?

I’m getting a ball stuck on the bridge around once a game - ball search releases it but it’s obviously not meant to be that way. Anyone else had a similar issue?
Are the plastics on the bridge sides jamming against each other? If so slacken the screws holding them on, pull them apart and tighten the screws.

Did stern fix the problem with the plastic smashing under the bridge yet?

If not get your clear dot on underneath the bridge or add the washers to the solenoid asap, before theres a bunch more new machines with smashed plastics 😬

Back
Top Bottom