What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
So now i have a reasonable understanding of the rules, I am ready for the next stage of leaning , which is what to actually go for in order to build a big score

Beyond the basics of how to fight kaiju, I really recommend watching this.
It teaches you the importance of the other features (tank, bridge, power lines) and how they all work together for big scores.

(normal caveat applies that I know the theory but can't execute 😂)

Well my bridge is playing up. if it rattles and then its supposed to return to normal, often it’s getting stuck, so traps a ball there. looks like the plastic sides of the 2 half’s are getting stuck on each other

Anyone else have the issue that when you shoot the reverse building shot (inbetween captive ball And building) that the ball save doesn’t kick in?

I’d say it’s 50/50 if it activates for me or not, not sure if it’s a common problem or not?

I am so glad i passed on a lot of stern pins, and then bought this as my first stern lcd. i came close on deadpool - glad i waited

GZ will go long before Deadpool does.

I can at least get close to completing Deadpool but like most Elwin games I find myself playing the same first 10% of Godzilla before I run out of balls.

Don't get me wrong, it is genius and all that but I play it every day and rarely get 500m never mind get to mini wizard mode.

A brilliant game that's frustratingly out of reach.

I can at least get close to completing Deadpool but like most Elwin games I find myself playing the same first 10% of Godzilla before I run out of balls.

Don't get me wrong, it is genius and all that but I play it every day and rarely get 500m never mind get to mini wizard mode.

Kris what’s your IC user name mate? Wouldn’t mind adding you on my connections.

Kris what’s your IC user name mate? Wouldn’t mind adding you on my connections.

I don't use it mate, sorry. If I start I'll let you know but at the moment I'm trying to source a replacement apron and remove it from GZ and will do the same with Bond.

I'm pretty sure it's just Kris Gonzo though.

I don't use it mate, sorry. If I start I'll let you know but at the moment I'm trying to source a replacement apron and remove it from GZ and will do the same with Bond.

I'm pretty sure it's just Kris Gonzo though.
You need to get on it mate those achievements are pretty fun, except for Dwights games those are infuriating 😂

With the new home team set up mate, just unplug the scanner completely from your Godzilla, put a wifi usb dongle thingy and a 16gb sd card in your other Spike2 games, plug the scanner in, scan game set it up, set up home team and unplug scanner.

Free IC for all your games 😁

You need to get on it mate those achievements are pretty fun, except for Dwights games those are infuriating 😂

With the new home team set up mate, just unplug the scanner completely from your Godzilla, put a wifi usb dongle thingy and a 16gb sd card in your other Spike2 games, plug the scanner in, scan game set it up, set up home team and unplug scanner.

Free IC for all your games 😁

It doesn't like my Internet mate. I've spent hours trying and others have tried too.

The first week I had GZ I spent more time trying to get IC to work than playing the game.

Basically it doesn't like my mancave network and doesn't recognise it as a secure system.

Anyway, seeing everyone else scoring billions makes me want to sell GZ so best stay unconnected 🤣

It doesn't like my Internet mate. I've spent hours trying and others have tried too.

The first week I had GZ I spent more time trying to get IC to work than playing the game.

Basically it doesn't like my mancave network and doesn't recognise it as a secure system.

Anyway, seeing everyone else scoring billions makes me want to sell GZ so best stay unconnected 🤣
Maybe it’s because you have a U.K. game and your trying to connect from Portugal 😂😂

We’ve never got to 500m - our GC is 400 and something million!

No desire to sell ours tho’. It’s fun even played badly and at least there’ll be lots still to see once we suck less :)

I can’t even imagine owning a pin we could almost complete. I think I’d sell it straight away. I finally beat the high score on Flash Gordon this morning, and was like “I won the game - do I sell it now?” It was something like 920,000… so I’m now going for 1 million. After we got to 500m/1 billion on Fish Tales, we changed the pitch and fitted lightning flippers.

Well my bridge is playing up. if it rattles and then its supposed to return to normal, often it’s getting stuck, so traps a ball there. looks like the plastic sides of the 2 half’s are getting stuck on each other
Have you sorted this Al? If not try loosening the small screws that hold the bridge plastics on, move the plastics as far from each other as you can and re-tighten screws.

We’ve never got to 500m - our GC is 400 and something million!

No desire to sell ours tho’. It’s fun even played badly and at least there’ll be lots still to see once we suck less :)

I can’t even imagine owning a pin we could almost complete. I think I’d sell it straight away. I finally beat the high score on Flash Gordon this morning, and was like “I won the game - do I sell it now?” It was something like 920,000… so I’m now going for 1 million. After we got to 500m/1 billion on Fish Tales, we changed the pitch and fitted lightning flippers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not selling it anytime soon.

I haven't completed Batman or Deadpool but they do feel accessible and achievable one day. I've been been told that there is a mini wizard mode on GZ which is similar to Gappa Angry on Elvira but I've never played it. whereas I'd get there on Elvira about once per week.

It's not about completing it because I'd never expect to complete an Elwin game. It's just that the wizard mode and extra balls are placed a little too deep for me to enjoy the game consistently.

I feel like someone has recommended an excellent series on Netflix but I'm watching the first the episode over and over again 😂.

I love the shots and ball-paths, I thoroughly enjoy them and they're possibly the best on any game I've played. It's the code that's difficult but I can absolutely understand why so many think it's the best game ever.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not selling it anytime soon.

I haven't completed Batman or Deadpool but they do feel accessible and achievable one day. I've been been told that there is a mini wizard mode on GZ which is similar to Gappa Angry on Elvira but I've never played it. whereas I'd get there on Elvira about once per week.

It's not about completing it because I'd never expect to complete an Elwin game. It's just that the wizard mode and extra balls are placed a little too deep for me to enjoy the game consistently.

I feel like someone has recommended an excellent series on Netflix but I'm watching the first the episode over and over again 😂.

I love the shots and ball-paths, I thoroughly enjoy them and they're possibly the best on any game I've played. It's the code that's difficult but I can absolutely understand why so many think it's the best game ever.
I take a different approach - 5 ball game, easy settings, loads of extra balls, then I can get through a lot of the game and really enjoy it. Once I learn it, then I can tighten it up. For me, It's all about the fun of playing the game, so I want to play it and get to experience all the modes. What's the point in splashing nearly £11k and then not using the majority of the features. it's like having a Ferrari and never putting your foot down / never taking it on a track day.

I take a different approach - 5 ball game, easy settings, loads of extra balls, then I can get through a lot of the game and really enjoy it. Once I learn it, then I can tighten it up. For me, It's all about the fun of playing the game, so I want to play it and get to experience all the modes. What's the point in splashing nearly £11k and then not using the majority of the features. it's like having a Ferrari and never putting your foot down / never taking it on a track day.

You're absolutely spot on Alan. I should probably take the settings down a bit but I do have it on 4 ball now.

This is what I mean about moving through the cities quicker if you feel you’re not seeing a lot of the game. It’ll also boost your score more than staying in the first city and trying to complete everything. If you stay in the first city and try to get all the tanks, all the power lines, the bridge etc that can take a lot of your game and limit your extra balls.

If you think DP is achievable I really think GZ is achievable too, you just can’t go for everything in every city. You’ll still get to see all those extras as the progress is saved city to city so maybe in your 2nd and 4th city you’ll get tanks etc just from going for the battles.

Godzilla is an amazing game that even once you get to Planet X you don’t feel it’s complete because there’s so much extra you can add into your game to slow you down getting there so I wouldn’t worry about that. It’s why it’s so popular with world class players even though they get to Planet X within the first few days of owning it.

Of course if you want to try and get everything in the first city play it how you most have fun! I’m just saying if you feel like you’re not seeing a lot of the game, you’ll see a lot more of it if you just concentrate getting to Planet X, the other stuff just happens.

Sounds kind of like Jurassic Park. Relatively easy to get to the Visitors Centre with practice but getting the perfect paddocks and taking different/longer paths through the park can be important

Sounds kind of like Jurassic Park. Relatively easy to get to the Visitors Centre with practice but getting the perfect paddocks and taking different/longer paths through the park can be important
Yeah, I love that Elwin gives these easier routes to things if you want them but also depth if you want that. IMDN has it too, if you want to get to the beast easier you can start all the modes for 2m2m and then during those modes concentrate on mummy and trooper in the single ball modes and qualifying cyborg in the multiballs. Then as you get better you can start doing the modes properly.

I thought about doing some videos on my machines for getting to wizard modes for the average player but I dont have the equipment or the confidence 😂

Back
Top Bottom