What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Not broken a billion yet with 3 balls let alone a single mode!
Playing it lots & loving it though!
That's all that matters. It's a super fun game to play.

Some of the scoring tweaks on 0.98 are cool. Makes the second tier modes much more valuable if you play them well. That King Ghidorah mode I played very well with Rodan running throughout and Flee'd with 2 seconds remaining.

Rampage has also had a major boost which makes it worth continuing after making the extra and DPx after the second rampage. If you can play through 2 rampages and have Rodan running, there are going to be huge scores, as in 200m+ per shot by the end and scores in the 1/2B+ range!

Got my GZ just a few weeks ago, I’ve clocked up 472 plays so far - says it all really.
Tier 2 King Ghidorah, Terror of Mechazilla & Monster Zero modes are superb, nice when you stumble upon a mini wizard mode.
Can anyone tell me what criteria needs to be met to unlock Tier 2 battles? I’ve done it, but not sure how.

Got my GZ just a few weeks ago, I’ve clocked up 472 plays so far - says it all really.
Tier 2 King Ghidorah, Terror of Mechazilla & Monster Zero modes are superb, nice when you stumble upon a mini wizard mode.
Can anyone tell me what criteria needs to be met to unlock Tier 2 battles? I’ve done it, but not sure how.
There’s no tier 2 in your first city. Once you move to your next city I think you have to complete half of a tier 1 battle and then you can select a tier 2 battle next time. If you select the tier 2 battle without completing the tier 1 battle you can’t go back to that tier 1 battle to complete it later.

There’s no tier 2 in your first city. Once you move to your next city I think you have to complete half of a tier 1 battle and then you can select a tier 2 battle next time. If you select the tier 2 battle without completing the tier 1 battle you can’t go back to that tier 1 battle to complete it later.
Ah ok - I was getting more then half way through a Tier 1, then changing City expecting to then be able to choose a Tier 2 (I got it the wrong way round by the sounds of it), right - let’s go and boot up GZ…. again. 👍

Reactions: Jib
I'm nowhere near on this stuff. I think I've only successfully completed a battle 4 times in 200 hundred games so I'm miles away from winning a battle on a second city.

I'm still trying to destroy all of the tanks in Tokyo😂.

It's another Elwin masterpiece that I'm playing 5% of but it's thoroughly enjoyable and I'm still having 5-10 minute games so I don't feel it's too brutal.

I can always achieve something be it shooting a few jets, smashing the bridge, hitting some loops or getting Mecha GZ multiball.

I can totally understand why many believe this is the greatest game ever.

Yep, just played it solidly for well over an hour and my top score was 350m but I did get all of the jets at one point but really I've made no progress at all. Just hitting satisfying shots really. I think I'll have to up the number of balls per game if I'm going to see what the designers have created and learn the game. I can't seem to get to that first round of extra balls.

Played Deadpool afterwards and got 700m, defeated loads of villains and probably completed over half of the game. Very rewarding for my standard of play.

Yep, just played it solidly for well over an hour and my top score was 350m but I did get all of the jets at one point but really I've made no progress at all. Just hitting satisfying shots really. I think I'll have to up the number of balls per game if I'm going to see what the designers have created and learn the game. I can't seem to get to that first round of extra balls.

Played Deadpool afterwards and got 700m, defeated loads of villains and probably completed over half of the game. Very rewarding for my standard of play.
Pinfest, we will stick a bunch of money in Chris B's Zilla and unlock the game. It will be a joy. If you can score 700m on Deadpool, you will be able to score much more on Zilla, just need to approach it in the right way. And your right about the extra's, getting to them as early as possible is key 👊

Pinfest, we will stick a bunch of money in Chris B's Zilla and unlock the game. It will be a joy. If you can score 700m on Deadpool, you will be able to score much more on Zilla, just need to approach it in the right way. And your right about the extra's, getting to them as early as possible is key 👊

Show me the way oh wise oracle of the West.

And pop on a chinwag before pinfest whilst you're at it 😉

I'm nowhere near on this stuff. I think I've only successfully completed a battle 4 times in 200 hundred games so I'm miles away from winning a battle on a second city.

I'm still trying to destroy all of the tanks in Tokyo😂.

It's another Elwin masterpiece that I'm playing 5% of but it's thoroughly enjoyable and I'm still having 5-10 minute games so I don't feel it's too brutal.

I can always achieve something be it shooting a few jets, smashing the bridge, hitting some loops or getting Mecha GZ multiball.

I can totally understand why many believe this is the greatest game ever.
Told you it was the GOAT 🐐 deep enough for great players enjoyable enough for rubbish ones like me !

Told you it was the GOAT 🐐 deep enough for great players enjoyable enough for rubbish ones like me !

It is an amazing game game. I'll go with 'keeper' rather than 'Goat' but it's certainly lived up to the hype.

It's a joy to shoot and possibly the best collection of overall shots on any game I've played.

Had a 6.6B game earlier and just put up my highest score yet, 8.2B. Only a bit higher than my previous high and really didn't capitalise on destruction jackpots in the 4th city. This game always leaves you wanting more. Had a good Monster rampage around 1B as well, I think if you really nail it you could get that up to around 2B on the third rampage with Rodan running. Still absolutely loving it, can't wait for King of the Monsters

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-20-22-14-40-661_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-20-22-14-40-661_com.android.chrome.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220820_153952.jpg
    IMG_20220820_153952.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 20
Anyone beat 11 consecutive loops?

View attachment 174428

Just went to Retroids arcade bar in Worcester. What a top venue, wonderful lineup of games in excellent condition. Top owner too, really nice chap.

Finished my best game on 5.2B. the game is a bit slower and floaty than mine which meant that looping was significantly easier. My best was 13 loops! On my game, my best is still 11.

I was also playing with a slight handicap 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20220823_142435.jpg
    IMG_20220823_142435.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 60
  • SAVE_20220823_174540.jpg
    SAVE_20220823_174540.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 57
Just went to Retroids arcade bar in Worcester. What a top venue, wonderful lineup of games in excellent condition. Top owner too, really nice chap.

Finished my best game on 5.2B. the game is a bit slower and floaty than mine which meant that looping was significantly easier. My best was 13 loops! On my game, my best is still 11.

Looks fantastic, wish we had some venues like this in the north/north west.

5.2B? That’s crazy, look forward to seeing you play Godzilla at pinfest, bloody amazing score.

Looks fantastic, wish we had some venues like this in the north/north west.

5.2B? That’s crazy, look forward to seeing you play Godzilla at pinfest, bloody amazing score.
Did you know about this place:-

Or is it not close enough or up to standard?

Did you know about this place:-

Or is it not close enough or up to standard?
Didn’t know about that place at all, looks great though and nice selection of pins.

Unfortunately it’s no closer to me than TILT, we desperately need somewhere in the north west.

Handicap?! Looks like you've got yourself a coach!

Handicap?! Looks like you've got yourself a coach!
I think that's what he thinks he is! But mainly he just covers my eyes. To be fair there were a few guys watching him on Godzilla, he trapped the ball on the left flipper (which is hard enough!) And I said, shoot the right ramp and he bloody nailed it! Proud dad moment for sure

For those who didn't make it to Pinfest. I managed to do this on @CHRIS B PINBALLS Godzilla. Thanks so much for lending us your pride and joys mate

I think technically I should be able to claim that as my high score too bud. If I hadn't said 'Craig, you want to try out a game on the premium?' it never would have happened! ;) Also me putting the pressure on with 18million ready and waiting must have motivated you.

Back
Top Bottom