What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Ok, a few things clicked last night. Had my best game so far, only 4B, but missed two massive destruction jackpots, the last one was 66Mx11 with Rodan 🙈. Had Planet X lit but kept gambling going for the bigger destruction jackpots and drained out before taking it. So left billions out there. What a game, the gamble is fantastic. Always loved ACDC for the same reasons, this surpasses that for the in game gambling decisions that need to be made.

Just watched back Karl's 47B game. Haven't watched it since owning the game and now understand a lot more what's happening with the Annihilation and Carnage bonuses, those were the bits I just couldn't work out.

On 0.93 code it's very different to JP2 and IMDN. It's a much shorter path to the end, but much wider in terms of the decisions you can make in each city, interesting decision that I'm really enjoying. If the game can be made a bit longer on 1.0 code, not necessarily the super long journey of the other 2 games, but a bit longer with a stretch goal to reach for, I think it will be very hard to beat this game.

One of the things I like about the Elwin games is he always gives you an easier option or out if you're going for modes over score (haven't played AIQ enough to know about that but for sure the other 3). In Imdn you have to start the Eddie modes but you can basically ignore them and work on mummy, trooper or power features if you're just trying to get to the beast and don't care about score. In JP, if a dino escapes you don't have to repeat that paddock, you just don't score as much, in control room and t-rex modes you can work on the paddock and essentially ignore them as long as you start them and still get to escape nublar. Gz is the same, you can go for all the inserts and completing all the battles or you can just move through the cities as quickly as possible and get to planet x. It's nice to have options depending on how you're feeling or how your first ball goes.

I'm ignoring RTTH and WDRTE in these examples because I'm a mere mortal!

Last edited:
Just been watching a couple of videos going over gameplay as I’ve yet to see a GZ in person. Terror of Mechagodzilla looks like one of the most fun modes ever

Getting the hang of this 😬

Managed to complete Planet X as well, not for a huge score, but was nice to do. Everything in me wanted to keep gambling for more destruction jackpots but it was my last ball so I bailed out.

Wonderful game, nowhere near maxing it out like Karl did, but certainly felt good.

Attachments

• IMG_20220728_232353.jpg
    IMG_20220728_232353.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 32
Just been watching a couple of videos going over gameplay as I’ve yet to see a GZ in person. Terror of Mechagodzilla looks like one of the most fun modes ever
Just got to that mode this morning, it’s better than the A:IQ limited flips mode as it’s a lot tricker and will take longer to master. Gotta love a mode that keeps chucking in another ball as the score goes up, similar in a way to GAPPA Angry.
Just cleaned & waxed mine, it’s playing very fast now, as it should.

A question for GZ Pro owners - has anyone found a good figure to go in place of the 2D GZ in the top left corner.
Loads of different ones on eBay, a 9” sounds appealing but is probably too big, no one want a 2” one - can’t do a lot with that, a too girthy one might damage the sides. Just wondered what the best size is? Oh and my question about a GZ figure still stands 👍

A question for GZ Pro owners - has anyone found a good figure to go in place of the 2D GZ in the top left corner.
Loads of different ones on eBay, a 9” sounds appealing but is probably too big, no one want a 2” one - can’t do a lot with that, a too girthy one might damage the sides. Just wondered what the best size is? Oh and my question about a GZ figure still stands 👍
Working on a figure, but might be a little while (have a ‘few’ saucers to sort first). Not sure if that helps but just putting it out there.

Working on a figure, but might be a little while (have a ‘few’ saucers to sort first). Not sure if that helps but just putting it out there.
Good news mate. Is that both Mecha and Godzilla?

Andy I've ordered a 7" Mecha toy from eBay, I'll let you know how I get on

If anyone has their auto launch sometimes bounce off the small lane guide next to the switch on the auto launch ‘landing zone’ and end up next to (or hitting) the Mechagodzilla plastic. I’ve fixed mine as below:

GZ auto launch fixed.

Launch power HAS to be on default for the balls to hit the magnet in prep for GZ MB.

Adjustments to auto launch prongs made zero difference.

There’s a gap between the launch ramp & the left hand guide wall, I wedged a long piece of 2mm plastic to narrow the launch lane & this cured it. So…

Remove ramp, remove two screws at end of left hand guide, move the guide in so it’ll be touching the ramp (ie: funnelling the launch lane), make a small pilot hole or indent then carefully screw just the end screw back in a new position - SORTED!

BADBBEAC-E31D-4106-BB9D-C09129B56EA1.jpeg22C02A1B-871D-4BE3-8D3A-D7F77B06CB93.jpeg

If anyone has their auto launch sometimes bounce off the small lane guide next to the switch on the auto launch ‘landing zone’ and end up next to (or hitting) the Mechagodzilla plastic. I’ve fixed mine as below:

GZ auto launch fixed.

Launch power HAS to be on default for the balls to hit the magnet in prep for GZ MB.

Adjustments to auto launch prongs made zero difference.

There’s a gap between the launch ramp & the left hand guide wall, I wedged a long piece of 2mm plastic to narrow the launch lane & this cured it. So…

Remove ramp, remove two screws at end of left hand guide, move the guide in so it’ll be touching the ramp (ie: funnelling the launch lane), make a small pilot hole or indent then carefully screw just the end screw back in a new position - SORTED!

View attachment 177012View attachment 177013

I haven’t had a problem on GZ but did have to adjust both JP and IMDN in different ways. The short shooter lanes obviously free up more area in the top half of the playfield but they do seem to have issues.

Mechagodzilla Magnet - pulse magnet when trying to drop any ball that has been held, this will try to shake loose residual magnetism balls
- Mechagodzilla Magnet - added a warning sound and lamp effect when the held ball is about to drop
- Godzilla Multiball - Super Jackpot now has a base value of 10M
- Planet X Bonus - after finishing Planet X you can now work your way through 3 city objectives (Tanks, Bridge, and Power) to light Planet X Bonus at the scoop, worth 19% your Planet X total.
- City Select - added objective status icons to upper right of screen
- City Select - added control perk text for each city
- Super Spinner - now defaults to 2X spinner value (was 6X) + another 1X per godzilla city under control... godzilla powerup L7 now adds +2X. No more cap to the super spinner rip.
- Loops - boosted loop cap by 2X --> 750K to 1.5M
- Annihilation Bonus - adding a 75 switch cap for Bridge Annihilation qualifying
- Fight Or Flee - hold ball in the scoop / on the magnet after fight or flee through the totals... player can blowoff if they want to skip
- Fight Or Flee - added amount of seconds that will award as a preview before choosing fight
- Fight Or Flee - added time bonus text when flee is selected
- Fight Or Flee - added sub total and total when flee is selected
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah - Jackpot at scoop awards 2X instead of 1X value
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah - added award value / jackpot value status meters
- Godzilla vs. Megalon and Gigan - Jackpot base changed from 1.5M to 3M
- Godzilla vs. Ghidorah and Gigan - arrow shots changed from 2.5M to 7.5M
- Godzilla vs. Ghidorah and Gigan - added switches / flee jackpot value status meters
- Battle Timer - fixed an issue where timers would occasionally not show on the screen for some Battles
- Oxygen Destroyer - fixed an issue with the building not going to the 1st floor for Oxygen Destroyer when Super Train was running
- Godzilla Powerup - Level 5 - moved "Sacuer Attack +3 Seconds" to Level 1 left side pool
- Godzilla Powerup - Level 5 - added "Collect Imposter" to where "Saucer Attack +3 Seconds" was
- Godzilla Powerup - Level 1 - added "Monster Rampage Spot Letter" to right side pool
- Godzilla Powerup - "Tier 1 Battle Timers +10 Seconds" changed to +20 Seconds
- Godzilla Powerup - "Tier 2 Battle Timers +10 Seconds" changed to +20 Seconds
- Monster Rampage - Destruction Jackpot Multiplier increment will now also light Advance Rampage insert
- Monster Rampage - Summon Ally will only light Advance Rampage insert until Monster Rampage has been started the first time
- Monster Rampage - added Rampage X that starts at 1X and gets permanently incremented for each award level
- Monster Rampage - +1X at Extra Ball
- Monster Rampage - +1X at Destruction Jackpot Builds
- Monster Rampage - now showing Rampage X on background text
- Monster Rampage - award that increments the X shows text that the current Rampage X has increased
- Monster Rampage - changed adjustment "RAMPAGE ADDITIONAL SHOT FOR +1 DJP" default from 12 to 16
- Monster Rampage - changed contribution to Destruction Jackpot base value from 5% to 1%
- Monster Rampage - changed priority of award display so it shows up before the Extra Ball award and also will kill the Extra Ball award if another Rampage Award happens
- Tank Attack Multiball - change Godzilla Wallop shot spot order to prioritize shots closer to Godzilla Shot first
- Flipper Display Blowoff - added blowoff of "Battle Is Lit" display effect if the ball is held
- Mystery Award - changed "Advance Rampage" award to "Light Advance Rampage" award and allow it to be chosen any time the Advance Rampage insert is un-lit
- Hedorah - can be qualified again on the 6th Secret Combo
- Super Train - shot up the middle awards a "Super Train Exit Jackpot" which is equal to the current mode total to that point and exits the mode
- Instant Info - added power page for powerlines status
- Instant Info - added Annihilation info for Bridge, Tanks, and Power pages contains current Annihilation percent, value, and multiplier when the applicable annihilations are running
- High Score To Date - added "LOOP TOTAL CHAMPION" which is the highest total loop score achieved for a grouping of consecutive loop shots
- High Score To Data - added "SUPER SPINNER CHAMPION" which is the highest total Super Spinner rip now that it is no longer capped
- DJ Mixer - added Oxygen Destroyer song
- DJ Mixer - added Godzilla themed background option, see "DJ MIXER BACKGROUND" adjustment

Was asked to do a couple of city silhouettes for the flame lights which came out quite nice and reworked my shooter coindoor and Button plaque to make them a little more blingy if that’s your thing.
Also extended the building plastic a little more to stop airballs off the switches either side of the building. This can be done in clear if preferred.
Finally another mention of the bridge plastic due to a couple more owners having contacted me due to the original plastic breaking. Mine is now removed totally and lives in the coin box now and the red one can take the bashing as I will replace FOC should it break (not that anyones has yet) just cover postage at cost.

E9AB0F67-9D0D-4112-B07B-7A98F51E65C1.jpegE67F4080-EC7C-48E8-92C3-874BBA7767A4.jpeg0DF451CF-9BFC-4474-AD54-E47790595F7F.jpegBDE88C8B-752E-408A-8169-766D8C6913F9.jpeg
4E855EA1-8374-4741-8881-75AD88CC7DAC.jpeg

Last edited:
EBay - it’s the 2009 Bandai one, the legs pop right off! Keep an eye out on eBay & Amazon.
Still can’t decide on a GZ yet, the Neca 1954 poster version looks good but it’s about £65

3D printed figure slightly larger than the stock one and obviously posed to fit the space.
Same figure as the zombi yeti artwork.

Been trying to find the time to finish these off but not having much luck getting the painting done at the moment.

In expectantly Bought a fish tales a couple of months back and got distracted with refurbing it.

20220805_171513.jpg20220805_171452.jpg20220805_171618.jpg

One thing to note, if your going with a larger figure then you will need to use a post to raise the spot light infront (also means extended the wires for this as i dont think theres enough slack). Otherwise all the face/top third of the figure will be in shadow all the time.
Stern obviously put more work into the lighting than you would think, so a bit more to make this work right than just plopping in a bigger figure.
Or maybe im just anal and those details wont bother others :)

Last edited:
Does the building mech have an anti-trap sensor… I:e stuck ball stopping building movement so as to prevent damage?

Does the building mech have an anti-trap sensor… I:e stuck ball stopping building movement so as to prevent damage?
Great video here with Harrison Drake, the lead Engineer on Godzilla, explaining very well how it all works. I'm sure he mentions at some point that he has tested the building jam with his finger! . Well worth a watch.

Yeah, just checked 1:12:12

Reason I mentioned.. wondering if an obstruction would damage the motor.
I got a ball stuck at the rear of the building.
Went into ball search and started raising building.
Ball got trapped in area shown in image between the wireform and plastic.
I could see what was happening and killed the power.
The ball was stuck fast in the area and the plastic bent almost 45 degrees.
I had to undue the wireform screws to release the jammed ball.
To my amazement, plastic never acquired damage or worse snapped!

I tell you though, it was stuck big time.
The designer talks about the motor just stalling so hopefully not enough torque to cause any damage to the motor with an obstruction.
I've since tested the full range of movement of building in test mode and all appears norminal.Drake.jpg

Back
Top Bottom