What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Godzilla Hype Train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I'm starting to put these out into the wild now after being tied up with some other mod work for a while. See attached video for a little footage in the machine. As mentioned previously, I've aimed for a translucent finish that allows the light through the resin to give a bigger light impact than I've seen in other saucer mods. These are hand finished, but there will be imperfections as you'll see in the pictures and video, but I feel that these are acceptable from a players distance. This 'should' fit Davey's Lollipop light rings too - hopefully he'll be able to share more on that in weeks to come. These are £40 plus postage if you're interested. At the moment I'll just take orders for me to start work on the batch, and payment will be once I'm committed to print.
Cheers!

IMG_1416.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1423.jpeg
    IMG_1423.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Saucer Mod.mp4
    36.3 MB
unnamed.jpg

Neil normally posts these so read in a Scottish accent ....

V0.94.0 - May 4th, 2022
========================
- Terror of Mechagodzilla - added this new mini wizard mode that is qualified by scoring a Super Jackpot in Mechagodzilla Multiball
- Terror of Mechagodzilla - Flip count based multiball consisting of 4 stages
- Flip start count 30 (max)
- Stage 1 - 1 ball.
- All lit standup targets score points and boost target value.
- Lit targets also add back 1 flip to flip counter.
- Complete all standup targets to add many flips to flip counter.
- Each drain subtracts 6 flips.
- Once flips run out target values are locked in for stage 4 and stage 2 begins.
- Stage 2 - 2 ball multiball.
- Flip counter resets to 45.
- Shoot spinners to build and collect spinner value for stage 4.
- Complete 100 spins to add flips to flip counter.
- Left and Right spinner score higher than center spinner.
- Each drain subtracts 5 flips.
- Once flips run out stage 3 begins.
- Stage 3 - 3 ball multiball.
- Flip counter resets to 50.
- Shoot left and right ramps to score and boost ramp value for stage 4.
- Collect 8 ramps to add flips to flip counter.
- Each drain subtracts 4 flips.
- Once flips run out stage 4 begins.
- Stage 4 - 4 ball multiball, flips reset to 100. No more flips can be added.
- Targets, spinners and ramps all lit at their locked in value.
- Pop bumper and captive ball score 3 mil.
- Drains subtract 3 flips.
- Once flips run out balls are collected and Terror of Mechagodzilla ends.
- Godzilla Powerup - Level 5 and above are only available after qualifiying Terror of Mechagodzilla from Mechagodzilla Multiball Super Jackpot
- Godzilla Powerup - Collect Bonus award is now awarded at Level 1 as 3X Bonus and at level 9 for 10X Bonus
- Godzilla Powerup - allow Rodan powerup to add time if Rodan was recently started at the scoop and you select the "RODAN TIMER +15 SECONDS" Godzilla Powerup
- Heat Ray - fixed an issue where you can start a second Heat Ray when the first one is already running
- Rage Combo - combo is now unlit if the building is about to move to a different floor that will not allow the combo to be made, it will re-light when building moves back to floor 1
- Destruction Jackpot - fixed an issue where the Magnet would drop the ball early if you got the ball through the Building before the total screen for the mode was complete
- Allies - fixed an issue where you could activate Anguirus after the multiball was already completed when draining all balls
- Godzilla Multiball - fixed a display issue where the display would show Jackpot 1,000,000 on the screen when no Jackpots were actually being awarded
- Tank Attack Multiball - fixed an issue when the multiball ends with the Super Jackpot Lit the lamp effect will remain lit until the next Tank Attack Multiball is started
- Earth Bonus - fixed an issue where the Earth bonus score would not round down after taking half of the value resulting in a 5 in the 1's place instead of a 0 sometimes
- Insider Connected - fixed an issue where collecting all the City Combos would not award an achievement
- High Score Champions - added Terror of Mechagodzilla and Monster Zero champions
- Instant Info - 1st page will now show the city background if the Mechagodzilla Shield background is blocking the current city status
- Instant Info - add additional award info details for Tanks, Loops, Tail Whip, Trains, and Saucers
- Callouts - adding many more callouts to the game
- Sound Effects - adding many more sound effects to the game
- Light Shows - adding many more light shows to the game

- Adjustment Changes:
- added "ANNIHILATION DRAIN BASE AMOUNT" default:20M min:10M max:100M

- System - Updated to V3.14 on OS: V2.6.0

- Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected menu.
A machine must be unregister from an Insider Connected account prior to being
added to a new account. Hilighting and selecting "Yes, unregister this game."
will unregister the game from your account.

- Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and WiFi signal strength displayed in top corners of display.

- Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE PLAY ONLY".

To get to the mini wizard it’s power level 5 btw And a mechLagos super Jack (hit the right spinner or heat ray it).

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s been nerfed since the first score but it’s no simple mode to get. Expect it will get nerfed again.

Neil.

In the last few days I've been testing the Spike2 compatibility of my Lollypops board in my Godzilla Premium.

3 x LED/Sensor combinations:

1. Lolly LED Ring in @Jazzbouche 's amazing UFO mod, triggered by the pop switch
2. Single Lolly post light in left sling, triggered by sling switch
3. Single Lolly post light in right sling, triggered by sling switch

This leaves one port free - probably to implement sirlonzelots's awesome backbox lighting.

More info at https://stumblorpinball.com/products/lolp

In the last few days I've been testing the Spike2 compatibility of my Lollypops board in my Godzilla Premium.

3 x LED/Sensor combinations:

1. Lolly LED Ring in @Jazzbouche 's amazing UFO mod, triggered by the pop switch
2. Single Lolly post light in left sling, triggered by sling switch
3. Single Lolly post light in right sling, triggered by sling switch

This leaves one port free - probably to implement sirlonzelots's awesome backbox lighting.

More info at https://stumblorpinball.com/products/lolp
SWEET!! That looks wicked!! Awesome stuff.

so do I have to order some bits from you and something from JB?

also now that you've finished the proto do you still need the GZ premium ? :D :D :D

Neil

also now that you've finished the proto do you still need the GZ premium ? :D :D :D

Neil

No idea actually... we are playing it fast and loose at the moment!!

I still need to work out the installation method, since at the moment it requires cutting the LED ring cables and reattaching at the other end, since the wire holes are already packed tight due to the 2 cables from the RGB insert.

These might work for that purpose, and not too bulky:

1652276031890.png

I'll order some, and will chat with @Jazzbouche about what he wants to do.

GZ - best game I've ever played. it won't be leaving in a hurry!

Could certainly be linked in yep - it's just a question of whether those saucers have space in them for an LED ring?
Yeah, sorry matey, was thinking 3 x @Jazzbouche UFOs with your lollipops.
If it was doable, then trying to figure how to Mount the other two UFOs in the PF positions.
I think with your Lolipop lighting it would look fantastic.

Yeah, sorry matey, was thinking 3 x @Jazzbouche UFOs with your lollipops.
If it was doable, then trying to figure how to Mount the other two UFOs in the PF positions.
I think with you Lolipop lighting it would look fantastic.

Oh right well that's defo doable then, just like you say, working out how to mount them would be the biggest hurdle. JBs ufo is designed to be fixed to a pop body, so if you could find locations on the playfield to fix those, screws for example, that would be your best best, since the pop body would act as a bit of a plinth (and hold it all together). Clear bodies would work nicely.

After that, you'd just need to have a think about which PF switches triggered them.

Okay after having a chat with all the relevant parties, we're going to move forward with providing a kit. This will include:

1 x Lollypops controller board (runs the LEDs and the sensors)
1 x Jazzbouche UFO mod with RGB LED ring lighting
2 x Lolly RGB starpost lights (both slings)
1 x RGB LED strip and channel for the backbox (atomic breath)
1 x backbox bracket to mount the LED strip lighting.
All the necessary extenders, sensor cables etc

In a nutshell this would give you an interactive lit UFO, interactive sling postlights, and an interactive godzilla atomic breath effect in the backbox. By 'interactive' I mean that the patterns are triggered by in game switches. You could tie the backbox atomic breath pattern to whichever switch you wanted - I've been using the bridge newton ball which works well, but you could also use the 'atomic breath' button in the lockbar. The Lollypops has a 'fire' pattern which I'm guessing is the same algo used by the CIRI and by the DugFreez flamin' speaker lights (its an open source algo) which is the one that will be used for the pattern in the backbox.

The intention is to make the backbox bracket compatible with all versions, pro/prem/le (ie, whichever direction the atomic breath is pointing).

I'm in the process of working out the backbox bracket system, LED strip channels etc but when I have all the details I'll post photos of the kit + video demos. Reply or PM to get on the list.

Last edited:
Okay after having a chat with all the relevant parties, we're going to move forward with providing a kit. This will include:

1 x Lollypops controller board (runs the LEDs and the sensors)
1 x Jazzbouche UFO mod with RGB LED ring lighting
2 x Lolly RGB starpost lights (both slings)
1 x RGB LED strip and channel for the backbox (atomic breath)
1 x backbox bracket to mount the LED strip lighting.
All the necessary extenders, sensor cables etc

In a nutshell this would give you an interactive lit UFO, interactive sling postlights, and an interactive godzilla atomic breath effect in the backbox. By 'interactive' I mean that the patterns are triggered by in game switches. You could tie the backbox atomic breath pattern to whichever switch you wanted - I've been using the bridge newton ball which works well, but you could also use the 'atomic breath' button in the lockbar. The Lollypops has a 'fire' pattern which I'm guessing is the same algo used by the CIRI and by the DugFreez flamin' speaker lights (its an open source algo) which is the one that will be used for the pattern in the backbox.

The intention is to make the backbox bracket compatible with all versions, pro/prem/le (ie, whichever direction the atomic breath is pointing).

I'm in the process of working out the backbox bracket system, LED strip channels etc but when I have all the details I'll post photos of the kit + video demos. Reply or PM to get on the list.
Superb, please put me on this list matey :)

Back
Top Bottom