What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12” vinyl - share your new buys, old classics etc

Star fleet there’s a rarity , world wide live a cracking one too , my buy this week

Attachments

• 1EDF975F-B6D5-4385-AD74-4ED7189958CD.jpeg
    1EDF975F-B6D5-4385-AD74-4ED7189958CD.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 099E242E-4EC8-4566-B34A-3CFF277B2E4F.jpeg
    099E242E-4EC8-4566-B34A-3CFF277B2E4F.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 15
Star Fleet is a re-issued box set
Rather good

That gold disc must be worth a fortune.
To get one that was presented to the Artist themselves is rare!
Yeah got it to sell on , Clapton not my bag but rare to get artist own . I have Alan mcgees definitely maybe , boneheads what’s the story and Mike moodys slide it in ….oh and van halen first album to warners ceo , rest are non artist related

Yeah got it to sell on , Clapton not my bag but rare to get artist own . I have Alan mcgees definitely maybe , boneheads what’s the story and Mike moodys slide it in ….oh and van halen first album to warners ceo , rest are non artist related
You throw in the Van Halen debut album as if its nothing!
Jesus - send it me ! :)

So guys - I have really got into getting Japanese vinyl lately.

Really like the sound of it, and the packaging always seems good quality.

Yes it is a bit more expensive, but I really like the sound of it. They definately use a different EQ curve when they cut.

Yes it is a bit more expensive, but I really like the sound of it. They definately use a different EQ curve when they cut.
Love my Beatles japanese stuff. mainly singles and eps. some at 33&1/3

Before I mentioned what I did my vinyl and how I still use it in digital format. I built a big jukebox to house my Horsify jukebox but about a month ago. I spent every weekend (3 weeks) making a different version to run on a raspberry (any machine really).

So this raspberry Pi has a 1tb hard drive, all set up network etc, I can dump music there and scan it to go through and get tags, covers etc.

It doesn't matter where I am on the network I can access the server and do whatever. I use it for DJ Horsify, once that got implemented I haven't worked on it since, that's all I need for now to push power, DJ Horsify runs and just keeps going. I rate all my music so you then set well "I just want 4-5 star rated" , which you are most of the time not wanting to skip songs because you don't like them.

I have a touchscreen on the desk so it can also be controlled from that which I called HorsiPi.

Anything Pop through 50s - 90s will generally have the 12" covers.

1694774585850.png1694774600979.png1694774618346.png1694774634204.png

Filters for DJ to use:

1694777210240.png1694777233223.png 1694777248051.png

Then apply your filters to the DJ:

1694777265023.png

Last edited:

I’ve got a few Japanese releases and they all sound superb.

A couple of ZZ Top albums, John Lee Hooker and Let it Bleed. They just are so warm and clear with incredible instrument separation.

They really take their time to make sure every copy sounds fantastic.

I'm not surprised, the Japanese are obsessed with vinyl, when I went to Tokyo I've never seen so many record shops, which was about 12 years ago.

This turntable pretty cool

I had a demo in a department store in Tokyo and thought wow that's interesting and looked into perhaps buying it, stopped when I translated the price 🤔, which with yen I need a calculator, """"k me it made linn look cheap.

I'm not surprised, the Japanese are obsessed with vinyl, when I went to Tokyo I've never seen so many record shops, which was about 12 years ago.

This turntable pretty cool

I had a demo in a department store in Tokyo and thought wow that's interesting and looked into perhaps buying it, stopped when I translated the price 🤔, which with yen I need a calculator, """"k me it made linn look cheap.
A pal of mine owns one of those turntables. He went off to tour Japan in 1992 and came back with one in one of the bands flightcases.

All the component values have been removed from most things, and a couple of PCBs are resined over making a repair impossible without sending it back.

I do actually rate the sound of it. I do believe now it has a long waiting list to get hold of one.

A pal of mine owns one of those turntables. He went off to tour Japan in 1992 and came back with one in one of the bands flightcases.

All the component values have been removed from most things, and a couple of PCBs are resined over making a repair impossible without sending it back.

I do actually rate the sound of it. I do believe now it has a long waiting list to get hold of one.
Wow, that's pretty cool, I thought the sound was very good, the price not at all, but it's all relative I suppose. Shame repairs are impossible.

Wow, that's pretty cool, I thought the sound was very good, the price not at all, but it's all relative I suppose. Shame repairs are impossible.
They want you to send everything back to them. It must have 20-30 trim pots inside when I took the lid off.

He is a very well off muscian who is not short of a bob or two as they say.

It has been back once in all these years for a service and that was about £5K.

So next time people moan about a £200 node board in a £12K Stern premium you should refer them to this post.

From memory he paid about £22K - and he got away with zero import duty.

He does have 3 other amazing turntable.

Recently he got one of those maglev turntables after I showed him it on youtube.

I need to flog some of my records as my gamesroom needs a new flat roof and I’ve run out of pins to sell!

Is Discogs the best place? I did catalog my stuff last year so assume it is then relatively easy?

Back
Top Bottom