What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup sweepstake thread

LOL. Just saw Suarez getting confused about the difference between a defender and a kebab. What a bellend.

He's an enigma, completely nuts. The great Columbian's are about to hand Japan's asses to them, already qualified, but about to finish it off in style

OK the group stage is over, and now there are 16 left

28th= (last place) these 5 knocked out after 2 games: CAM (total 0 points), AUS (0), ENG (1), SPA (3), BOS (3)
17th= (group stage), these 11 knocked out after 3 games: HON (0), GHA (1), JAP (1), IRA (1), KOR (1), RUS (2), CRO (3), ITA (3), IVO (3), ECU (4), POR (4)

everyone up there ^^^ we're all losers, though i feel sorry for the ones that got 4 points, as several of the qualifiers only got 4 themselves. ah well, that's sport. feel free to post up what you're offering as a prize, losers.

who is left?

Brazil @Wizcat Paul G 3-1F 7-2 3-1
QF1
Chile @Matti B Matti 28-1 33-1 25-1

>QF1 winner plays the winner of QF2 ..... last man standing is SemiFinalist 1 (plays SF2)

Colombia @roadshow16 Craig 33-1 25-1 20-1
QF2
Uruguay @mark9 Mark 28-1 100-1 40-1

-----

France @johnwhitfield John 20-1 16-1 8-1
QF3
Nigeria @PinballDaze Lynda 200-1 500-1 200-1

>QF3 winner plays the winner of QF4 ..... last man standing is SemiFinalist 2 (plays SF1)

Germany @mufcmufc Stormy 5-1 4-1 4-1
QF4
Algeria @shaunyboy Shaun 2000-1 2000-1 200-1

TOP HALF
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BOTTOM HALF

Mexico @replicas Daz 100-1 80-1 33-1
QF5
Netherlands @Big Phil Phil 10-1 9-1 15-2

>QF5 winner plays the winner of QF6 ..... last man standing is SemiFinalist 3 (plays SF4)

Costa Rica @Matt Vince Matt 4000-1 750-1 40-1
QF6
Greece @ianw Ian 300-1 1000-1 100-1

-----

Argentina @ronsplooter Chris 4-1 7-2 7-2
QF7
Switzerland @Paul Paul B 100-1 80-1 80-1

>QF7 winner plays the winner of QF8 ..... last man standing is SemiFinalist 4 (plays SF3)

Belgium @Fintan Stack Dean 20-1 18-1 16-1
QF8
USA @jonathan Jonathan 250-1 200-1 80-1

shown above are the odds at the start and middle of the group stages then finally the latest odds (all for winning the tournament, nothing to do with the next match)

i know England are out but still it's the best World Cup i can remember watching so far, and NL are still my tip for the crown. any further thoughts from anyone?

if anyone wants to run a separate book, or introduce any new fun rules, please go ahead. a worldcup-virtual-pingolf perhaps? There will be goals, penalties, red and yellow cards, hopefully also some more controversies, so cmon fellas what have you?

Last edited:
I think my Belgium actually stand half a chance!

Good World Cup so far. Englands performance being a low point. But Spain, Italy, Portugal and England all out in the first round is just bonkers!

Come on Belgium!!!

Well, I'm not surprised I'm out. I know next to f*** all about football and I didn't even know South Korea fielded a team good enough to make it to the World Cup. England though... what a pile of s***. Even Korea made it one stage further. The shame of it. And to complete the embarrassment even the USA have made it to the 2nd Stage. And I always thought they were supposed to be truly awful at "soccer".

As a reminder I'll be donating 4 brand new unused Super-Bands: 2 x black, 1 x mini yellow and 1 x mini orange (I fitted a black pair to VECTOR).

SuperBands.png

Alright you coffee making drug lords, can't wait to sink our teeth into you Colombians haha!
If you can't beat em, eat em....etc etc, OK I'll get my coat.

To celebrate my team making the final 16 and to help my lack of football knowledge I've treated myself to a WCS :clap:.

I'm absolutely loving my Colombian side, what about James Rodriguez! Seriously think we could do Brasil and even maybe be an outside shout at the whole thing!

Hmmmmm. I agree that extra time was fantastic, but c'mon fellas, I'm listening to Lineker, Shearer, Ferdinand and the other one all waxing lyrical about it too, but I remember watching 90 minutes of crap followed by a good 30.

Anyway, 8 teams left

Hmmmmm. I agree that extra time was fantastic, but c'mon fellas, I'm listening to Lineker, Shearer, Ferdinand and the other one all waxing lyrical about it too, but I remember watching 90 minutes of crap followed by a good 30.

Anyway, 8 teams left

You're wrong :cool: It was an epic tussle from start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom