What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup sweepstake thread

I left the room briefly ....Rach shouted out 3 nil !!!, then she shouted 4 nil !!!! ......I seriously thought she was doing a feeble windup :D

Un-fricking-believable.

Feel gutted for the Brazilian fans in the stadium. Nobody should have to witness this.

It's not often you see a Brazilian team being humbled on there own soil.
Biggest ever semi final world cup defeat.
Weep Paul weep.

so. two more games (nobody gives a monkeys about the 3rd place playoff, there's no bronze medal so why bother?).

i work with a lot of Dutch and am there now, plus the Dutch have suffered three final losses and are deperate to play Germany to try to avenge losing to them in the 1974 final. don't rule them out just because the Germans won heavily last night, remember that was partly down to Brazil's defence being a load of old boll_ocks

Argentina though. not exactly a walk in the park. everyone talks about Messi but don't forget Aguero, plus there will be plenty of references to Di Stefano watching from above, as apparently he was quite good.

so. two more games (nobody gives a monkeys about the 3rd place playoff, there's no bronze medal so why bother?).

i work with a lot of Dutch and am there now, plus the Dutch have suffered three final losses and are deperate to play Germany to try to avenge losing to them in the 1974 final. don't rule them out just because the Germans won heavily last night, remember that was partly down to Brazil's defence being a load of old boll_ocks

Argentina though. not exactly a walk in the park. everyone talks about Messi but don't forget Aguero, plus there will be plenty of references to Di Stefano watching from above, as apparently he was quite good.

On the plus side (well, psychologically maybe anyway) Aguero is just back from yet another injury... Still, I think Argentina are a massive challenge for the Netherlands, but I have a lot of Dutch friends so really hope they do well. Germany is the biggest international game for the Dutch too - the equivalent of England versus Germany or Argentina for the English I guess.

Actually really BORING match!

My guess since 1/2 time is penalties - Would be nice to see the Dutch win, however i suspect not :(

I feel asleep it was so dull. Both playing a formation with 3 centre halves, 2 wing backs, and a deep lying defensive midfielder. Which became a flat back 6 whenever out of possession. Dismal.

Just glad just didn't stay up for the extra time and a penalty shoot out.

Just hope it's a better final.

Just checking in as we near the final to confirm that, on behalf of Portugal I'll be offering a bottle of Novus 3 as my prize contribution, along with a copy of "a brief history of British Military Victories (20th Century)" as an accompaniment (as long as I can find one in the local bookshop)

Watched the loser's final in a Spanish bar/cafe last night with Spanish commentary - you may have thought that Van Persie scored the 1st goal when he converted the early penalty, but actually he scored the 1st 'goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - would have loved to have heard the Spanish commentary on the Germany/Brazil game the goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalSssss must have all been overlapping on the commentary

Looking forward to the final , hopefully should be a cracker.
Ice cold beer at the ready , bring it on.

apparently someone told me the papers were saying that Brits are siding with Germany over Argentina? if that is true then WTF?
is it because of the Falklands? or the Maradona goal? is it because only old farts like me still harbour any grudge against the Hun?

i want a good game and may the best team win, but i still have some instinctive anti-German in me, which is hard to shift. at least i've recognised it i suppose. i also want to see Messi score a WC winner.

Back
Top Bottom