What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete White Water shop - It has ended phew!!!!

OK for today the big job!!! a side decal to go on - went very well and well happy with the result - shown here cutback and edges paint up starting to look like a proper WH20 now !

1 side is enough for today though lol !!

The pictures don't do it justice with the sun out though - the blues are much richer and darker than shown in the pics.

P2010019.JPG

P2010020.JPG

That's all for today folks!!

Cheers Kev

Just an observation but would it have been better to spray the corners of the cab blue?

Great job so far, wish I had the space, time and tools to do something like this.

Just an observation but would it have been better to spray the corners of the cab blue?

Great job so far, wish I had the space, time and tools to do something like this.
Thanks Carl - did think about blue - but everyone else said black!! It does sort of give it a nice defined edge as well

Cheers Kev

Carl you have got me thinking now - I may of interpreted Pauls comments wrong and cab edges should be blue - oh no!!!! what happens if the blue doesn't match perfectly though ???

@replicas should these edges of been blue Daz - have I made a massive balls of it !!!

Cheers Kev

Factory spec was black so its as it came out of the factory.
I did all my cab blue including the inside, thought it looked better and also to be different
Kev don't worry over it, as I have said its how they came off the production line so how can it look wrong ?
It looks great so far buddy, keep up the great work.

Factory spec was black so its as it came out of the factory.
I did all my cab blue including the inside, thought it looked better and also to be different
Kev don't worry over it, as I have said its how they came off the production line so how can it look wrong ?
It looks great so far buddy, keep up the great work.
Phew!!! thanks Daz!!!

Paul did his blue but also commented that getting a colour match was a total pain in the ass. Despite his best efforts it still didn't match up.

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. Thanks to Pauls comments i'm going to try to do my R&B with a complimentary blue colour but I have no doubt it's unlikely to be a perfect match.

Paul did his blue but also commented that getting a colour match was a total pain in the ass. Despite his best efforts it still didn't match up.

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. Thanks to Pauls comments i'm going to try to do my R&B with a complimentary blue colour but I have no doubt it's unlikely to be a perfect match.
cool thanks!!

I totally agree,but I cant stand that corner.
I dont ever buy over priced mods but I feel this one is worth it.It is cheaper than skull mountain tho.
I'd like to see the skull mountain without the skull.just a cave.
Dreadds?

I totally agree,but I cant stand that corner.
I dont ever buy over priced mods but I feel this one is worth it.It is cheaper than skull mountain tho.
I'd like to see the skull mountain without the skull.just a cave.
Dreadds?
would you send me some pics when you get and then on the machine please ?

CHeers Kev

Of course!
I want to see yours with the side rail stickers.
Finding it hard to part with the cast for those too :eek:

Of course!
I want to see yours with the side rail stickers.
Finding it hard to part with the cast for those too :eek:
ok that's great thanks very much - should be too long before playfield goes back in cab so you can see what it looks like!!

Cheers Kev

Cab finished !!! gotta say well happy with the result and I like the black edges!!! Not a bad effort for only my 3rd attempt. It only took 30 mins to fit a full side, trim it all out and re-paint edges and corners. Took 3 days to prep the cab though!!! can't over state how important it is to have a glass finish to the cab before attempting decals

How long before I fit any hardware @replicas again, so I don't get any wrinkles around bolt heads etc ?

Next job now is to treat it to some new earth brading and start to put all the hardware back on the cab. Let the metal polishing commence(again)!!

Cheers Kev

IMG_0146.JPG

Decals applied dry then give it a couple of weeks for them to fully adhere to the cabinet.
That's what I usually give it and never had any problems when refiting the hardware.
looking sweet Kev.

Decals applied dry then give it a couple of weeks for them to fully adhere to the cabinet.
That's what I usually give it and never had any problems when refiting the hardware.
looking sweet Kev.

Cool thanks Daz

Looks lovely kev, when you say repaint the corners, will that be from where the blade has chipped paint off when the decals were cut?

Looks lovely kev, when you say repaint the corners, will that be from where the blade has chipped paint off when the decals were cut?
Yes carl you always get a white line which looks crap - so touched in with black looks a lot better

I got the mountain today.
looks good but so expensive for what it is.
Hard to picture it installed.

Attachments

• 2015-02-09 14.42.31.jpg
    2015-02-09 14.42.31.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 13
before and after,
lh4.googleusercontent.com__xnJ2hMDsFlI_VNklnNIfVoI_AAAAAAAAI4A849478e3a1d963b0fa9f43e646170963.jpg lh5.googleusercontent.com__Y3yGbn3qINw_VNklmSUVm1I_AAAAAAAAI3wf8a7ed4988a3dc4a18e5b07fce39d7d1.jpg

Im happy with it anyways,
Looks way better from the players view

lh3.googleusercontent.com__YqFRynBTBf4_VNklnBZcSoI_AAAAAAAAI38055852854e668c51e4f62a576f9c78f0.jpg

I had a few games and totally annihilated the left green target
more $$$ :(

Back
Top Bottom